Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-65.jpg
    IMG_0339(2).JPG
    IMG_0338(2).JPG
    IMG_0326(2).JPG
    IMG_0324(2).JPG
    IMG_0323(2).JPG
    IMG_0321(2).JPG
    IMG_0334(2).JPG
    IFPA Indiana SCS 1st 2nd 3rd.jpg
    bracket.png
    image.jpg
    P2070018.JPG
    P2070017.JPG
    P2070016.JPG
    10801713_10152745889926936_8545379591961588671_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider triadwatch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 9 years ago

Doing the N.C. State champ. for the past 2 years has been a lot of fun and at same time pull hair out. One aspect was trying to get in touch with qualified players who have not registered a email with ifpa . This held up the process on who was in and who was out. I want to give every possible way to get in touch with them and when you do get in touch with them to see if they are coming or not.

I did have one this year waiting on another state to see if he got in before he emailed me. The only good thing is I put deadline on email to reply back. We had great luck last year in every body who committed came to event. I hope that is case this year.

We have a new venue this year at Flippers in we can have side tournaments and also a true placement because we will have this year a losers bracket to play for position 9-16 then after second round have another round for 5-8 with plenty of pinball machines to pick from .

Good luck to everybody and see a earlier post would like to see Flippers Pinball Tournament a part of PAPA circuit with aurcade

#226 9 years ago

The only interesting aspect of the scs championship at pinball hall of fame is that not one pinball tournament was held at pinball hall of fame during the whole year. Maybe this could be something to help pinball hall of fame start to have more tournaments in future because 2014 saw no action from phof for scs championship series.

North Carolina was one of states that did not field a player for last years scs champ. in Colorado . Both players who could qualify had job obligations and a little sticker shock adding up cost to go to colorado .

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

Pinball Hall of Fame did have tournaments in 2014, I played in two there in March.

Feb 17 LV Pinball Tournament
    Mar 22 Pin Pin101 Tournament
    Apr 22 LV Pinball Tournament
    Jun 11 LV Pinball Tournament
    Aug 31 Pintastic Pin-O-rama Pingolf Tournament
    Sep 20 Olympia Pinball Showdown
    Nov 1 IFPA POP Fundraiser - Las Vegas
    Dec 18 Silver Balls Winter Tournament

March 22 is at phof

#286 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

The PinPin 101 tournament is held at the Pinball Hall of Fame. It is an annual event entering its sixth year in 2015, and was the largest of Nevada's tournaments last year, with many of the players traveling from out of state to participate. I believe the other tournament at the Pinball Hall of Fame, the PinPin 101 women's tournament (not an IFPA event), was the second largest held in NV last year (24 players if I recall correctly?).

My fault duly noted, edited earlier post

#295 9 years ago

Do not know how the match ups were in last years tournament. I did qualify to play when first place was not gonna go. I did some number crunching and also saw who was going to tournament compared to my high ifpa rankng and it was hard to fathom going from North Carolina all the way out to lyons colorado spending close to $600 for airfare, hotel,and car rental to maybe be playing Keith Elwin or Bowen Kerins or Andy Rosa or Jason Werdrick in first round play 4 games and say thanks for coming.

I enjoy helping with the SCS championship in N.C. And all it entails but going from N.C. To Vegas is a tough call because of travel and expenses. We will see who wins and hopefully this year N.C. Will have a representative to go.

#373 9 years ago

Should it say ifpa country directors or ifpa state directors?

#375 9 years ago

Okey dokey, thanks

#398 9 years ago

The one thing I would like to see changed is let the top 4 qualify for national champion so if #1 or #2 in scs could not make national offer it to 3 or 4 in succession. In nc last year 1and 2 did not go but 3 stated he would have gone if they had let him but they only allowed for 1 or 2 to go.

#405 9 years ago

Highly recommend sending out the press release from ifpa, just got email back that a reporter will be there to do a write up and video of event at flippers in outer banks

#428 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Playing in Texas this year! I had the opportunity to defend my title in Indiana, but for various reasons decided to do TX. Trying to be the first to win an SCS in two separate states. I think there are only a few others competing for that title as well.
    Phil

Phil the Texas scs looks as tough as they get. If the one who did not pick Oklahoma picked Texas you would have had all top 16 compete. Good luck in Texas am sure that will be as tough as they get and going for 2 separate state champs is a huge feat.

#433 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

That's awesome, CT! How are you going to handle all those ties?

In N.C.
    We are going to have the 8 losers bracket play another game of four in their bracket to get top 2 from each bracket then have the bottom 4 play one more game for 16-13 and the top 4 with 2 from each bracket play another game for 9-12 placements.
    Then after second round will have the 4 losers bracket play one more game for placement of 5-8 .

Then losers bracket from semi finals with have a best 2-3 game set to play for 3-4.

That is what we are doing at scs in nc

#478 9 years ago

Line up for North Carolina at flippers in outer banks

Walking Dead
    Star Trek le
    Mustang
    AC/DC le
    Cactus Canyon
    Metallica
    Monster Bash
    Medieval madness
    Circus Voltaire
    No good gofers
    Spider-Man
    Demo Man

#480 9 years ago

Games are ready to go at flippers in outer banks N.C.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #551 9 years ago
    Quoted from obxamuse:

From NC, Tournament played at Flippers Variety & Arcade.
    We had a great State and Charity Tournament. Thanks to everyone that
    could come out and play in these Tournaments. We will be having our Spring
    Tournament in April.
    Winners of the NC State IFPA State Championship are:
    1st Drew Cedolia, 2nd Keith Brown, 3rd Tony Pierce, 4th Malik Berger
    5th Dan O'Connor, 6th Kevin Shanus, 7th Andrew O' Connor and
    8th Brent Sorensor. Thanks to Keith Brown and David Kanoy for
    Organizing and running this State Pinball for us.
    Winners of the Charity Tournament were:
    1st Mike Lukianoff, 2nd Jeff McElhannon, 3rd Cal Predom, 4th Chris Sterner
    5th Kevin Shanus, 6th Ethan O'Toole, 7th Tony Pierce & 8th Eddie Cox
    You can also see more info on this Tournament on the Aurcade website.
    Thanks to David Hernly for letting us use his software.

Pictures are on our FACEBOOK page.

Thanks David for a great day of pinball at flippers here is a pic of champion and top 7

image.jpgimage.jpg
    1 week later
    #608 9 years ago

We had ours at flippers in outer banks which is a haul for plenty who qualified in N.C. But there is not a better place to have this event at and the owner of flippers is awesome to work with. We had 13 in line up but had to take out demo man but a great thing to have in place is a arsenal of 40 plus pins to choose from for tournament. We had a situation where Metallica le was acting up so we swapped out for his other metallica le in back pinball room. We will probably keep this location because it is such a great place to publicly play and we had a few people play the pins while we were still in tournament mode but it did not distract the players. If someone did pick a game while a non tournament player was playing I would have given them tokens to play again while we are in the scs tournament.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #617 9 years ago

Link to neat video from scs in nc
    https://vimeo.com/119986189#share

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider triadwatch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2014-2015-discussion-thread?tu=triadwatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.