Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-65.jpg
    IMG_0339(2).JPG
    IMG_0338(2).JPG
    IMG_0326(2).JPG
    IMG_0324(2).JPG
    IMG_0323(2).JPG
    IMG_0321(2).JPG
    IMG_0334(2).JPG
    IFPA Indiana SCS 1st 2nd 3rd.jpg
    bracket.png
    image.jpg
    P2070018.JPG
    P2070017.JPG
    P2070016.JPG
    10801713_10152745889926936_8545379591961588671_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#438 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Damn...plaques for everyone? That's awesome.

Kinda reminds me of the participation trophys they used to give out in little league. Should just stick to the top 4.

#441 9 years ago
    Quoted from EricR:

I don't see a big difference between a trophy for 4th place and a trophy for 16th place, both fall in the loss category to me. If you're going to give out more than one then you might as well give them to all qualifiers.

Guess I do see a difference. Show up lose every match you play and get a plaque that says 16th place. Hardly something I'd want but if others would enjoy it by all means.

#445 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Dude. You finished outside the top 500 in your state last year. You don't even get the opportunity to show up and lose all your matches. Try qualifying this year, then tell us how you feel. Talking smack from almost last place doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

Lol I don't even play in tourneys but hey be proud of your 16th place plaque if it makes you feel better. Put it next to all your pink participation ribbons if it makes u feel better.

#457 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

And it sounds to me like anyone complaining is butthurt they didn't make the top 16, so there ya go.

Maybe when I was 8 and didn't make the playoffs in soccer or little league. I guess that about when I stopped needing a pat on the back for everything.

But hey enjoy your "participation award".

#459 9 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

If you're not involved/qualified why do you care what they receive? Making top 16 is a big commitment of time in most areas. Would they rather a first place trophy, yeah i'm sure but its a cool gesture for the #16 as well.

You're exactly right I don't care was just making an observation. I guess it means a lot to some people.

#466 9 years ago
    Quoted from dbellAZ:

Yes, and it's generally considered polite to keep such observations to yourself. Nothing is ever gained by comments like "I don't know how you could pray, but if it makes you feel better..." or "Your wife doesn't seem that attractive, but I guess if you love her..."

Sorry if my comment was too "harsh" for you. Last time I checked this was a forum where people could voice opinions freely.

Obviously you, Frax and a few others are the type that would love to receive that 16th place trophy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2014-2015-discussion-thread?tu=smassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.