Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-65.jpg
    IMG_0339(2).JPG
    IMG_0338(2).JPG
    IMG_0326(2).JPG
    IMG_0324(2).JPG
    IMG_0323(2).JPG
    IMG_0321(2).JPG
    IMG_0334(2).JPG
    IFPA Indiana SCS 1st 2nd 3rd.jpg
    bracket.png
    image.jpg
    P2070018.JPG
    P2070017.JPG
    P2070016.JPG
    10801713_10152745889926936_8545379591961588671_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider funtimewithdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 9 years ago

Guys dont forget about Vermont and West Virginia in 2015. Only 10 and 7 people signed up for SCS in those states. Road trip for points in 2015!

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Just curious why so many pinball players (8 actually) in Indiana are agreeing to attend the Feb 7th event even though they are not in the State Championship tournament

The "Committed to attend" label in this case is used as a place holder. Those people have said they would like to play in the championship, if they are needed. It looks like with 16 attending, those people will not be going

#342 9 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

"16 players" qualified but isn't the actual list of players greater? kinda like other events where x amount of players qualify, but people who did not make playoffs still get points?

Those events that you are thinking of are one specific "event", even if held on multiple days. This is more like a private tournament, that would not qualify for IFPA points if anybody else was running it. Invite only, but since it is the official state championships, then it qualifies.

My 2 cents? Between the 5 hour commute to NYC, the lack of my chances to win (just not that good at pinball, yet) and my lack of funds to go to Vegas if I were to win it, I would have opted out (this year) if I had qualified.
    But next year! Will be a different story

#388 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I wonder which states will be added to this list by this time next year for the round of tournaments in Feb 2016.
    Seems like Iowa, Tenn, Rhode Island & S Carolina are the likely states to get it going in the SCS.

All it takes is 1 volunteer to host the SCS in Feb 2016. Somebody call a friend!

Quoted from EricR:

Therefore the SCS is equally as open to anyone getting in.

Agreed. What I meant to say was "if I run a tournament at the bar next week and only people ranked in the top 16 in our state are invited", that becomes a private event. And anyway, that wouldnt be any fun!
    Thats why guys like you and I (ranked 3000 or better) are paying entry fees plus coin drop at my monthly, and everyone else is only paying coin drop

1 week later
    #425 9 years ago

Qualified 50th in New York, they went down to 38th to get the top 16, so I wont be attending. I will be at Buffalo Pinball League night. The same day as the State Championships, so half of our A Division, plus 1 guy from B Division will miss league, and get a zero. Tough scheduling conflicts, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully one or 2 of them will chime in on the thread

#500 9 years ago

Are any State Championships going to be streamed on Twitch or anywhere else?
    Why haven't I asked this yet?
    Buffalo Pinball will be live tweeting, but not the same.
    https://twitter.com/buffalopinball

1 week later
    #599 9 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

A lot of the Launch Party's are missing from the calendar they will still court for IFPA right?

If its not on the calendar for 30 days, its not for IFPA points.
    Personally, the only launch parties I have been a part of have been high score battles. Now those tournaments are worth much less of what they used to be, if they are kept at just a high score battle. Unless you add more "meaningful games" and even a couple of other machines, it will still not be worth a lot. Then again, "a lot" of points to one player is only "a little" points to another player.
    Example here from January 12th
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=8209#results
    The 12% TGP would mean either 3 meaningful games, or 2 meaningful games with a 4 hour unlimited qualifying component to get up to 12%

#603 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

like Chris said I don't even get 30 days notice from them.
    Any other unofficial launch parties have to follow the 30 day advanced notice rule.

Thanks for the clarify. Now to find one closer.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider funtimewithdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2014-2015-discussion-thread?tu=funtimewithdave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.