Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-65.jpg
    IMG_0339(2).JPG
    IMG_0338(2).JPG
    IMG_0326(2).JPG
    IMG_0324(2).JPG
    IMG_0323(2).JPG
    IMG_0321(2).JPG
    IMG_0334(2).JPG
    IFPA Indiana SCS 1st 2nd 3rd.jpg
    bracket.png
    image.jpg
    P2070018.JPG
    P2070017.JPG
    P2070016.JPG
    10801713_10152745889926936_8545379591961588671_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fna_royam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#479 9 years ago

It's not officially part of the IFPA State Championship series but Washington DC will be having a tournament on the same day at the same time. I qualified for both Virginia and Maryland but i work in DC and feel sorry for the poor DC residents that have to pay Federal taxes and don't have representation in Congress or representation in the IFPA SCS so i'm running the DC tournament. On the plus side i'm not restricted to 16 players and have had a few qualifying tournament and am up to 24 players so far with one last qualifying chance so while all the good players are off in VA and MD trying to advance to Las Vegas and win a pinball machine i'll be slumming it in DC trying to get a healthy bag of WPPR's because i'm ranking obsessed

#499 9 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Excalabur said:
    I'd be astonished if the IFPA didn't let DC run an SCS event if you asked next year..

It's not a new request... :/

Yes asked and answered. a little disapointing but on the flip side i feel like i'm running a bit of a renegade tournament, makes me feel like a rebel. DC is a unique situation , unfortunately it's usually unique in that they are second class citizens in many respects, no vote in congress and worse than that when DC voters try to do something Congress sometimes will countermand it. Irrespective, We have a growing and enthusiastic DC based pinball scene with many new players that are DC based. Since DC is unique we'll be doing unique type tournaments here ( speed running being one example ). The location we had would have allowed us to bring in more games if we were going to be part of the SCS but as we are not our lineup is just 6 games

The Walking Dead
    Stern Star Trek
    AC/DC
    Judge Dress
    Road Show
    Twister

#508 9 years ago

Can't tell if I'm nervous about playing or running the tournament. Either way it's a nice nervous feeling. Good luck on the day and the ball.

1 month later
    #640 9 years ago

Finals now,
    Zach vs Robert

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fna_royam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2014-2015-discussion-thread?tu=fna_royam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.