Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-65.jpg
    IMG_0339(2).JPG
    IMG_0338(2).JPG
    IMG_0326(2).JPG
    IMG_0324(2).JPG
    IMG_0323(2).JPG
    IMG_0321(2).JPG
    IMG_0334(2).JPG
    IFPA Indiana SCS 1st 2nd 3rd.jpg
    bracket.png
    image.jpg
    P2070018.JPG
    P2070017.JPG
    P2070016.JPG
    10801713_10152745889926936_8545379591961588671_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider appeac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#436 9 years ago

Here's the bracket for MI for breaking ties - hopefully it won't end up too much of a cluster.

file-page1-715.pngfile-page1-715.png file-page2-572.pngfile-page2-572.png file-page3-258.pngfile-page3-258.png file-page4-934.pngfile-page4-934.png
    #469 9 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

To keep things flowing for the tiebreakers, I would put players out in 4-player matches when possible, gets things done in one shot. (instead of 3, 2-plyr matches, using 3 machines)
    Just a thought if things are going to be too clogged up.

We wanted to keep the head-to-head series format, and with 25 games to pick from (that we will set up pretty difficult) I don't think we'll have too many issues. The bottlenecks will really only happen with the crazy Stern lovers of the group, and so they'll only be tying up 1 or 2 machines at a time, haha.

Edit: I'm more worried about people figuring out who they're supposed to play next rather than gameplay time.

Quoted from desertT1:

As far as how the ties might be handled... I don't know if IFPA says thou shalt have 8 ties for the first set eliminated, or not. But, I run a single elimination bi-weekly event. It's meant to be a quicker event since we meet up every 2 weeks. Whoever is elminated in a round is matched with everyone else who is eliminated in a round. All of those players play a single game on the same machine and the scores are ordered. That is the final placing among that set of players. If these trophies aren't being supplied by IFPA, I don't see an issue with the group submitting ties for the record, but duking it out on the side.

IIRC, IFPA specifies bo7 single elim as a minimum, not maximum. Breaking ties is encouraged if time/space/machine count allow, but not required. Results submitted as true rankings will apply to point payout, though.

1 week later
    #587 9 years ago

TGP for Michigan is set at 64%. Shouldn't it be 100% (28 max games * 4% = 112%)? I see Arizona is also 64% but Florida is 100%. I assume bugs in the transition period in which case this is a report.

1 week later
    #611 9 years ago
    Quoted from tsveng:

Hey all, Tom V here, Indiana state rep. I am planning for locations for next year and wanted to get some ideas from other state reps while info is still fresh in their mind from this year:
    1. How many machines did you use?
    2. Just curious if anyone held the event at a private location where the host wasn't in the championship. If so, just curious what incentive the host had to host? (out of the goodness of their heart, maybe?)
    3. Did anybody have a location where several participants brought machines? For example, maybe each seed starting with high seed gets the option to bring 1 machine, then go down the seeding list until the desired number of machines is reached. That way everyone has a chance to bring a machine with high seeds getting priority.

The state rep doesn't pinside, so eh...

1. 23 games available - WOZ and NGG were not used due to possible scoring issues.
    2. Was held at the Pyramid Scheme which is normally open to the public but was opened early for the tourney.
    3. The MI rep specifically prefers locations be used where players can practice ahead of time - don't want any talk of unfair advantages. Even then, I'll fully admit I only got 2nd because of an extremely favorable bracket, and home-bar-advantage.

#616 9 years ago

Rumor of a rumor says there's some exploit, not many know details.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider appeac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2014-2015-discussion-thread?tu=appeac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.