4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image-65.jpg
    IMG_0339(2).JPG
    IMG_0338(2).JPG
    IMG_0326(2).JPG
    IMG_0324(2).JPG
    IMG_0323(2).JPG
    IMG_0321(2).JPG
    IMG_0334(2).JPG
    IFPA Indiana SCS 1st 2nd 3rd.jpg
    bracket.png
    image.jpg
    P2070018.JPG
    P2070017.JPG
    P2070016.JPG
    10801713_10152745889926936_8545379591961588671_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spraynard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

Wow, Kentucky is really interesting. Went all the way down to Rank 84 to get 16!

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like WI will be 100% in state people thie year.
    What is up with some people still not committed? I thought all commitments had to be in by Sunday 11th? Pretty lame that some are holding out till the last minute. Yet another reason that i think the IFPA sound require people to pre-commit to a state or order of states by mid Dec. Lots of these guys appear to be waiting till the last minute so they can see who is doing each state.
    Also woudl be good if IFPA did not publish any commitments until the entire field is set.

Pinball tournaments are full of strategic decisions that have nothing to do with actually playing pinball (e.g., game choice, player order, which machine to focus on in a qualifying bank, etc.), so I don't understand the distaste for making strategic decisions on deciding a state to play in.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It is 2-fold.
    1 is out of respect for people on the bubble and that care about making their home state SCS. I find it very disrespectful for those that know they will be attending, are actually qualified for multiple states, and want to wait and be the last person to declare. This keeps others waiting in limbo when it could all easily be resolved already. Even outside of whom will be playing, many states are held up on final first round match ups because of a select few people.
    2 is that we were told decision had to be made by Sunday the 11th and now the deadline for some states is later. At the same time it appears that IFPA then opted to publish the declared spots mid way through. It was not stated up front that if you declare it would automatically be published for others to see. Seems like the best practice would be to require all declarations in advance of publishing any. Current model affords a potential strategic advantage to some without the knowledge that deciding early (out of respect for others and the tourney director) would possibly be used against you.

Is it disrespectful to wait for a tilt bob to settle too?

The match ups will be decided soon enough, what's the rush? It is not as if knowing the first round match ups months in advance changes anything.

#227 4 years ago

Love seeing this thread gain steam. I want to see more tournament pinball discussions on pinside.

Super excited to play in Texas this year. It's going to be a truly epic battle. Curious to see which major city takes home the trophy....

#228 4 years ago

Any states planning to set up cameras and record? Love watching recaps and play-by-plays.

2 weeks later
    #427 4 years ago

Playing in Texas this year! I had the opportunity to defend my title in Indiana, but for various reasons decided to do TX. Trying to be the first to win an SCS in two separate states. I think there are only a few others competing for that title as well.

Phil

#431 4 years ago

That's awesome, CT! How are you going to handle all those ties?

#471 4 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Spraynard! I didn't know your pinside name was so epic!

Ha. Is that you, Mr. Hawk?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 129.25
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 33.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 334.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spraynard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside