(Topic ID: 316024)

IFPA 17

By Dr_Gonzo

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

What, no one interested? You guys too busy spit shining your mods and installing pin stadiums?

https://www.ifpapinball.com/world_championships/results/

#2 1 year ago

If it ain’t got mods, Pinside ain’t interested.

I’ve had it streaming all morning.

rd

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

If it ain’t got mods, Pinside ain’t interested.
    I’ve had it streaming all morning.
    rd

I watched off and on most of the day. Some of the games are really playing tough

#4 1 year ago

It's the Superbowl of pinball. I always watch the Superbowl but never cared who won. I'm there for the commercials! Plus I installed mods this weekend

#5 1 year ago

Jim Belsito’s friday performance is doing terrible things to my habit of blaming my lack of skill on age.

#6 1 year ago

Escher on deadpool now, this will be a good group

#7 1 year ago

Our boy Levi, is having a good tournament.

#8 1 year ago

Been watching casually. I wish during these qualifying rounds they had more camera rigs to show more groups….lots of other players I would at least like to see. They don’t need to show full games for all of them but it would be nice to mix it up a little. Very grateful it is streaming so we can see some of it. And it would also be nice to show COMPLETE standings and not just the top…many of us are really interested in who is close to the cut line. The action right now is not in the top 8/16 but in the 20-40 spots. They have the most to gain/lose right now.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

nice to show COMPLETE standings and not just the top…

Yeah they need to scroll a little. You can always see the full standings here:
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/world_championships/results/

Definitely a clash of the Titans at this point. The top players are there. Elwin, Belsito, Stone, Davidson, Lefkoff, and on and on.

Jim Belsito was at my house a few years ago after Free Play Florida. He and Dan Spolar helped me set up my games back in my gameroom after many were used in the tournament. I knew better than to challenge Jim on anything but the oldest game in the game room. I took him down on my Ship Mates (1964 EM). On the other hand, he played a single player game on my Metallica and left a high score that was still there when I sold it.

#10 1 year ago

Been streaming it at the arcade. Customers are always intrigued by Pinball content.

What's up with the masks? Is that an IFPA thing or Asylum rules?

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Been streaming it at the arcade. Customers are always intrigued by Pinball content.

That is an IFPA rule. Ugh. I'm so over masks.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

When they invited players for the tournament they had no idea what the safety situation would be, so they decided to require masks, which some players chose not to come because of that — so they had to stick with the mask requirement to be fair to those players.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-17-?hl=animedude892 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.