(Topic ID: 174705)

If you're buying a $450 Hit the Deck today in Tulsa...

By Frax

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pos (resized).jpg
IMG_0871 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
IMG_0869 (resized).JPG
BD (resized).jpg
YahooDelerious (resized).jpg
tumblr_m804bgW3w41rawb5do1_400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I hope you f'ing choke on it, since you screwed me out of it and all....after the guy gave me a price, I agreed to it, had a time set to pick it up and all, made arrangements to do so. Dick.
tulsa.craigslist.org link

Ouch. Yeah, sucks when that happens. We can all text the seller and tell him he's a douche!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

A seller tried pulling that crap with me once, I was the first responder to his ad. I left immediately with the full asking price and drove 4 hours for the game, get there and he mentions interest, demand, lots of people calling offering more money, sentimental value & etc. I said no problem, I'm here now, it's not worth the increase in price, I offered $100 less at that point, flashed the cash, he hesitated, I said okay, fine, see you later, I didn't drive 4 hours to play games, I'll cut my losses on time and move on knowing I made the right decision. I went to walk out the door and he said okay, it's yours. The game is still here with me, and not leaving anytime soon. Were there other people offering more? Probably. First come, first served though.

I find that tactic works very well especially if you happen to resemble Charles Manson!

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

( set a time to pick it up ). That's the reason you missed out on it. If I see a good deal pop up I call and tell them in ten minutes I can be headed their way with 100 dollar bills. Works every time. Ed

Sometimes that just isn't possible. Yes, you should get there real zippy when it's a killer deal, but life just gets in the way sometimes.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Using pinside as a dumping ground for grievances that the offending party will likely never read just aint healthy.

It's called "venting"!

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If someone says they want xxx for something and I agree to that and say I will take it, it's a deal in my book.

To me as well. Especially when you're told, "the game is yours"!

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Frequently, Craigslist seems to be about little more than someone trying to steal something from the uneducated.
I don't like that.

If someone prices something for sale without doing a little research to determine it's real value, it's their bad. No excuse for being "uneducated" with so much readily available information on line.

#186 7 years ago

The key to this whole situation is that the seller was looking for offers instead of having a specific asking price. Frax probably would have gotten the game for what he offered if he immediately went to get it. Ken really didn't do anything wrong, because he had no way of knowing about the arrangement Frax had made with the seller, unless the seller told him (which is unlikely). I can't say that in this particular case that I can blame the seller either, because he probably didn't know the value of the game (which is why he was taking offers), and may have felt that Frax' offer was a little light after hearing from Ken. The seller probably should have contacted Frax and at least told him that he got a higher offer, and would still let him have first dibs if he wanted to match that offer. I'm glad that Ken contacted Frax, and I hope they came to an amicable understanding.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Except in this case, the seller set the price when making the deal with Frax. Frax asked for a price. The seller set a price. Frax agreed to the price and started working pick up arrangements.
So the seller had a deal with Frax. He broke the deal when get got a better offer from Ken.
I blame the seller 100%. Frax did not make a low offer. He agreed to the price set by the seller.
The seller chose more money over his word.
Marcus

I didn't know Frax asked the seller for a price. I thought he just made an offer. That puts a different spin on it then. At any rate, the seller minimally should have allowed Frax to match the higher offer.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Only scoundrel was the seller in this case. You're just a lucky scoundrel that he didn't honor his word.
I know you'll get it all fixed up and it will look great by the time TPF rolls around, man.

Do you guys know each other? Like, outside of Pinside?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-youre-buying-a-450-hit-the-deck-today-in-tulsa?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.