(Topic ID: 174705)

If you're buying a $450 Hit the Deck today in Tulsa...

By Frax

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinball-is-great
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pos (resized).jpg
IMG_0871 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
IMG_0869 (resized).JPG
BD (resized).jpg
YahooDelerious (resized).jpg
tumblr_m804bgW3w41rawb5do1_400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago

I think everyone's had this happen to them. It's a little upsetting at first but then you realize there is more chicken in the sea. Another will come along. You did give me a good laugh though.

Quoted from Fast-Ed:

( set a time to pick it up ). That's the reason you missed out on it. If I see a good deal pop up I call and tell them in ten minutes I can be headed their way with 100 dollar bills. Works every time. Ed

Best advice. If there's any hint of flakiness on the seller, it's best to go right away.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You had to know that wasn't gonna work.
It's been like 15 years now. We all know the deal. If anything is underpriced on CL, your chances of getting it are very slim. If you can't pick it up almost immediately, don't hold your breath. If you are hours away, don't even bother. It ain't worth getting worked up about this - you had a "deal" to rip someone off and they got a better offer. You really expect someone not to take it?
After all these years people still refuse to accept that CL isn't some kind of utopian bazaar meant to fulfill our dreams and fantasies. It's nothing more than an online flea market that's just dollars and cents for most people.

It seems OP just needed to vent.

We all know the deal. Lose a deal on CL, miss out on an ebay auction, stub your toe... come to pinside to let everyone here know your sorrows.

For the record, I would honor a deal with someone but I can't fault other people for wanting to get more money if someone offers. A lot of CL sellers are hard up for money so it makes sense.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only reason that is true is because it's probably 400 bucks on a Liberty Bell or something.
If they had received 20 emails because it was a screaming deal on a rare game, they wouldn't be holding it for you.

Not a lot of sellers do that. I had one and I was very surprised. I kind of wish I would have brought something extra to show my appreciation. Some kind of local gift or something.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I don't know if some people here would hold a game for 2 weeks at any price for some guy they don't know on Craigslist.

Obviously they wouldn't. Most people don't use CL as often as we do.

I don't mean to chastise you but I don't think I would ever ask a seller to hold something for me for 2 weeks. It just seems inconsiderate. If in two weeks the item is still there then I would call and ask to come get it.

Was the hold up on the seller's end? I have had that happen. The seller wanted to meet halfway while taking games to other people so I agreed but if I can't make arrangements to come within a week, I won't communicate with the seller.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Otaku seems to take great pleasure in making all of his transactions as complicated and inconvinient as possible. See his infamous PBR thread!

He's 19 remember!

I hope he knows we're just busting his balls. For a kid on the internet, he seems to take some things too seriously. That's how you know you've become a part of this community when people start giving you a hard time.

I was kind of hoping to show him a better way to make transactions with my comment. I know I still make mistakes all of the time. I missed out on a rarely seen vid not too long ago because I told the guy I would come get it over the weekend. I called the day before to comfirm the time and he said it was gone. He said it so nonchalantly too.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anyways.. kind of surprised to see this thread didn't turn into a total mudfest. o.o

I thought the discussion was good. These threads always help newcomers see the lay of the land.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I'm sure, sometimes. Sometimes you have to at least put up a little defense, especially so you don't let people walk all over you - while keeping your sanity, of course.

I don't take anything too seriously on here. For someone to walk over you, they would have to be in person and people are different in real life than on the internet.

Keep it short and simple and move on.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anyways.. kind of surprised to see this thread didn't turn into a total mudfest.

Maybe spoke too soon.

#120 2 years ago

This thread is heading towards the best ever list. Keep it up guys.

#148 2 years ago

Those black score reels are pretty sweet.

#157 2 years ago

Everyone's a comedian.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 10.00
$ 199.99
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 329.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside