Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pninja005
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RIP Pinball preorders.jpg
    image-723.jpg
    image-761.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 9 years ago

Here's what you're going to get.

1) If I pre-order, company X is offering me a discount and a free toy.
    2) Company X takes an eternity to manufacture all the machines. If I pre-order, I can get in early and not have to wait a year or more to get my game NIB.
    3) If I pre-order, it's like a savings account. I can't trust myself to save up $8 grand all at once, but if I make payments in installments, I know I can do it.
    4) If this game turns out as hot as TronLE or AC/DC BiB, it could skyrocket in value. Or maybe I could flip it right when it first comes out when supply is low and everyone is champing at the bit to have one. Remember 10K for that WoZLE on eBay? Sweet.
    5) I saw a prototype of the game at a local show so I know everything must be okay with the licensing, and they are totally on track with manufacturing. And those few mechanical things that weren't working and cosmetic goof-ups will *surely* get fixed by production. Right? And I know the code will be complete by the time it ships, because they promised.
    6) This is my dream theme. Just this one time, THEN I'll quit. Promise. So just this ONE new game plus the three others that I've had on pre-order since day 1. Then no more, ever. Freaking pre-orders.

[EDIT] Forgot one.
    7) They are only making a limited number of these LE's and I don't want to risk missing out on getting the only full featured version of the game.

Please help me fight my pre-order addiction and convince me that I'm nuts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-youre-addicted-to-pre-ordering-i-will-be-your-sponsor?tu=spidey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.