Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pninja005
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RIP Pinball preorders.jpg
    image-723.jpg
    image-761.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

I think we should write a book called "Preordering Pins for Dummies".
    1. Take the initial down payment.
    2. Put it in a savings account or short-term corporate bond fund.
    3. When new deadlines come up, deposit money into account.
    4. If/when the stars align and pin ships, use pin map to find one and play in person.
    5. If you like the game, withdraw funds, add 10% more from your pocket and buy it.
    6. If it never ships or you don't like it, salivate over next pin announcement instead.
    The 10% extra you pay is more than made up for by retaining use/control of your money and avoiding bearing someone else's business, development and financial risk in the interim. The number of pins that skyrocket after release are relatively few and if something is insanely popular, they'll make more. Handing out free loans to guys you don't know based on vague promises and napkin drawings is idiotic. It's the pinball equivalent of buying lottery tickets.

Yes, I don't understand all the people thanking the preorder for exsisting and "saving" them money. Just save up the damn money yourself. Its not that hard.

The only rationale is you might find it hard to hand over the price of a car for a pin you have not played all at once, in which case you should not be buying it in pieces.

My philosophy with a game is if it is worth $7K or 8K, an extra $500 won't wreck me IF it is worth that kind of coin in the first place. The rub is when the dust settles, most of these games are not going to be all time greats worth that kind of coin. So the $500 or whatever is not saving you money. At best its just a little less that you lose by jumping in first on an unkown product.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-youre-addicted-to-pre-ordering-i-will-be-your-sponsor?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.