4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pninja005
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

RIP Pinball preorders.jpg
    image-723.jpg
    image-761.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds like AA for pinballers. I know you'll never get a call from me. But thanks.

POA, Pre Order Anonymous...

Can I still pre order Star Trek?

#52 4 years ago

I want to preorder "Guardians of the Galaxy" but I don't know what pinball company will have it. I'm thinking about throwing a grand to every pinball company just in case. Sure the game will not be released until Guardians 2 in 2016 but I want to make sure I'm on the list.

Can you support or help me and my irrational thinking?

#53 4 years ago

Honestly, if I had the money, I would be suckered in too. I thought Avengers looked sweet, we all know how that went.

TBL - Definitely would have pre ordered
    TWD - Definitely would have pre ordered
    JJP Lawlor TBD - Most likely would have as well

Its just the knee jerk reaction to cool stuff; "HEY I WANT THAT!!!"

#54 4 years ago

Here's what you're going to get.

1) If I pre-order, company X is offering me a discount and a free toy.
    2) Company X takes an eternity to manufacture all the machines. If I pre-order, I can get in early and not have to wait a year or more to get my game NIB.
    3) If I pre-order, it's like a savings account. I can't trust myself to save up $8 grand all at once, but if I make payments in installments, I know I can do it.
    4) If this game turns out as hot as TronLE or AC/DC BiB, it could skyrocket in value. Or maybe I could flip it right when it first comes out when supply is low and everyone is champing at the bit to have one. Remember 10K for that WoZLE on eBay? Sweet.
    5) I saw a prototype of the game at a local show so I know everything must be okay with the licensing, and they are totally on track with manufacturing. And those few mechanical things that weren't working and cosmetic goof-ups will *surely* get fixed by production. Right? And I know the code will be complete by the time it ships, because they promised.
    6) This is my dream theme. Just this one time, THEN I'll quit. Promise. So just this ONE new game plus the three others that I've had on pre-order since day 1. Then no more, ever. Freaking pre-orders.

[EDIT] Forgot one.
    7) They are only making a limited number of these LE's and I don't want to risk missing out on getting the only full featured version of the game.

Please help me fight my pre-order addiction and convince me that I'm nuts.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

I think we should write a book called "Preordering Pins for Dummies".
    1. Take the initial down payment.
    2. Put it in a savings account or short-term corporate bond fund.
    3. When new deadlines come up, deposit money into account.
    4. If/when the stars align and pin ships, use pin map to find one and play in person.
    5. If you like the game, withdraw funds, add 10% more from your pocket and buy it.
    6. If it never ships or you don't like it, salivate over next pin announcement instead.
    The 10% extra you pay is more than made up for by retaining use/control of your money and avoiding bearing someone else's business, development and financial risk in the interim. The number of pins that skyrocket after release are relatively few and if something is insanely popular, they'll make more. Handing out free loans to guys you don't know based on vague promises and napkin drawings is idiotic. It's the pinball equivalent of buying lottery tickets.

And it's not hard to get that extra 10% from a year of investing it in an index fund.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

I love this idea, where do I send my money?

You can pre-order the services at 1-555-pin-head, that's 1-555-746-4323. Act NOW!!!

1 week later
    #57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

it's not hard to get that extra 10% from a year of investing it in an index fund.

Normally I'd never invest money in equities if I planned on using it in the same year, but compared to giving a bunch of money to a random startup, it makes total sense.

#58 4 years ago

Put out a good game, have the code close to completion, let a group of pinheads test the game and report on bugs, fix the bugs, release the game....and only then will I decide to buy it.

2 weeks later
    #59 4 years ago

My pre-order list: need help
    1) Wayno's MM fiasco: got all my money back, but didn't go in on BBB because of it. DOH!
    2) WOZ: Hated the journey, but was worth it in the end. Love the game.
    3) JPOP: likely will end in a fiery explosion of some kind...
    4) MMr: coming soon, but a game that's in my top 3. Low risk.
    5) Hobbit: Keefer and JJP + cool theme = win

JPOP's failure is a cure for me pre-ordering. I'm saved!! I think.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Take this picture (the horse is me) and exchange the carrot for a pinball machine (that doesn't exist yet) and that pretty much sums me up... Im not sure if it's a syndrome or a disease.

image-723.jpg 24 KB

In most cases the chase seems to be better than the catch anyway...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.50
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 199.99
    $ 109.99
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 1,200.00
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside