(Topic ID: 299637)

If your shipping your game, DONT USE BELTMANN if you can help it!

By portsideken

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69534157694__EBB911BC-6254-4487-B876-D7E4A7D26A02 (resized).jpeg
    x-men-8 (resized).jpg
    x-men-6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5082 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5079 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_5878 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5865 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5864 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5877 (resized).JPG
    GOOD-FAST-CHEAP (resized).jpg
    belt (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 11 months ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

I've shipped about 15 games with them and received about the same. For years they'd wrap in my gameroom, or if it was a nice day out, bring the pin outside and wrap on the patio. Last two times they were here to pick up they tried to give me the "we'll wrap at the warehouse" shit. These were EMs too, with easily breakable backglasses. So I insisted we wrap a bit here just to protect the head/glass. Seems like there's been a change in policy the last year or so.
    That said, I've never had any problems with them. A bent foot was the worst that happened in about 30 tries.

I think it depends on the local crew. The folks here in Florida have always been great. Pack in front of me before it goes on the truck. In LA, the crews were always different and tried to pull the "we'll wrap at the warehouse" crap (which I never allow). I've done a fair amount of shipping with them and have had pretty good luck. They dinged my LOTR and I filed a claim and they paid it. All about have good documentation and photos of how the machine looked when it leaves the home.

#109 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinRat:

All three times I've had buyers ship via Beltmann the local contracted movers showed up expecting an arcade cabinet instead of a pinball machine, despite all communication with Beltmann being very clear that it was a pinball machine being moved. Every time I had everything extremely well wrapped and was glad I did so because the local moving company contracted had zero materials for doing the packing. Every time the buyer received the game in perfect condition.

You need to be aware of something. The shipper loves when you pack, since then they are off the hook for any damage. I've seen them mark perfect games with terse symbols saying "rust, scratches, etc.". In other words, if they can't take photos or inspect what's there, they assume the worst. I highly recommend not packing before they arrive so if something happens you are protected.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-shipping-your-game-dont-use-beltmann-if-you-can-help-it?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.