(Topic ID: 299637)

If your shipping your game, DONT USE BELTMANN if you can help it!

By portsideken

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69534157694__EBB911BC-6254-4487-B876-D7E4A7D26A02 (resized).jpeg
    x-men-8 (resized).jpg
    x-men-6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5082 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5079 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_5878 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5865 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5864 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5877 (resized).JPG
    GOOD-FAST-CHEAP (resized).jpg
    belt (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 2 years ago

I use white glove, legs on service with Beltman on MANY machines and never had an issue. I supervise wrapping if I'm the shipper, and ask the seller to do the same. Zero problems. WAY better odds than when I used to pallet and sometimes crated them, when I did have occasional minor claims.

But that's only for long haul shipments. For within CA and some NV and AZ, I use Sly Fox shipping. Chris is about half the Beltmann rates and even better service.

This is how Beltman wrapped the last pin I shipped out. Delivered fine. Again.

IMG_0136.JPGIMG_0136.JPG
    1 week later
    #78 2 years ago
    Quoted from duckkillerclyde:

so...I was just curious what shipping rates are on a machine? I'm new to the addiction and I see so many that I would love to purchase on the East coast yet here I am in Oregon.
    I am sure there's MANY variables but are we talking $500 or $2500?

Used to be around $500 pretty reliably for coast to coast, but creeping up past $600 for legs on white glove with Michelle/STI these past couple years. Last one I did from east coast to CA a few months ago was just shy of $650.

1 year later
    #99 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

They have always said oh we will wrap at the warehouse,Is this the case for anyone else ?

Nope. They wrap in my garage or driveway and I supervise and photograph as they layer it up. I'm sure they're not thrilled, but 100% success rate shipping quite a few legs-on pins this way. I'd never let one leave unwrapped.

Here's pics from one of them...

IMG_5135 (resized).JPGIMG_5135 (resized).JPGx-men-6 (resized).jpgx-men-6 (resized).jpgx-men-8 (resized).jpgx-men-8 (resized).jpg
    #102 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Do they try and say we will wrap at the warehouse and You insist they do it first ? They have said that twice to me lately maybe I need to insist ? I have received 1 and shipped 2 success so far.

I make it clear to the dispatcher when the appointment is set that I expect them to wrap it before it's put on the truck to prevent damage to the pin in transit from my house to their depot. That way I don't have to be confrontational with the guys that show up with their own ideas - dispatch gave them the instructions. I tip the guys and offer sodas/water, etc. Never really been a problem.

(I also save some of the cardboard corner pieces from NIB pins so I have them on hand in case they forget the leg protecting cardboard - they're essentially the same thing.)

2 weeks later
    #114 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I’ve shipped probably 8-10 pins with STI never had an issue until the last one. Super annoying because I didn’t have any back up legs. Some use the harbor freight lifts and some use a two wheel truck with a strap. They should stop using the two wheel trucks
    [quoted image]

The twisted legs are kind of on brand for Centaur.

#116 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

yeah I get that but they should not be trucking pins that way ever. Just a poor method.

Oh, totally agree. Mine always show up with a legit pin dolly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-shipping-your-game-dont-use-beltmann-if-you-can-help-it?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.