(Topic ID: 299637)

If your shipping your game, DONT USE BELTMANN if you can help it!

By portsideken

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69534157694__EBB911BC-6254-4487-B876-D7E4A7D26A02 (resized).jpeg
    x-men-8 (resized).jpg
    x-men-6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5082 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5079 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_5878 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5865 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5864 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5877 (resized).JPG
    GOOD-FAST-CHEAP (resized).jpg
    belt (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leeb18509.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 2 years ago

At least you didn't watch your shipment go back and forth across the country past your state a few times. That happens too.

Lots of options. 10 hour drive? Grab a Spirit flight for $59, rent a small truck one-way and drive it home. Or drive up and stay the night, then drive home. Or check out U-ship and hire your own driver. All of them would be cheaper than $500 and you'd have your game in 2-3 days next time.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

The OP may be new to the hobby and not have an idea of what a good timeline is for shipping pins….this ain’t like Amazon

I like to brag on my distro. Last 3 NIB games I had in my possession less than 24 hours after ordering them. If he has them in stock, it goes like this.

Wednesday Noon.

Me: J.J, you got any JP Pro's?
    I have one left...
    Me: Here's my CC number.
    Got it.

Thursday 10 a.m.

R&L: We have a delivery from Game Exchange ready for pickup.
    Me: I'll be there in 10 minutes.

Faster than Amazon.

1 year later
    #104 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtbpinball:

I had the same situation. STI and the local subs they use for pick up were good and reliable. But that changed and one time good and next time questionable. I shipped a 10k game in mint condition and cringed when I saw how they were handling it. I told them while they were picking it up, which meant nothing, and called the trucking company to report the sloppy packing and handling. It made it ok but had me worried the whole time.

I had this same situation last pin shipped and they were just going to take it unwrapped. I'm like, uh no dudes, read your call sheet. It always spells it out but facts are, they don't read the BOL much. We worked it out, but my added advice is have all the materials you would want it wrapped in ready to go. Buy some shrink wrap from Uhaul and keep the corner board from your other games. They "should" have the blankets at least, but those are cheap too. Take pictures...ion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leeb18509.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-shipping-your-game-dont-use-beltmann-if-you-can-help-it?tu=leeb18509 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.