(Topic ID: 299637)

If your shipping your game, DONT USE BELTMANN if you can help it!

By portsideken

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69534157694__EBB911BC-6254-4487-B876-D7E4A7D26A02 (resized).jpeg
    x-men-8 (resized).jpg
    x-men-6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5082 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5079 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_5878 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5865 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5864 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5877 (resized).JPG
    GOOD-FAST-CHEAP (resized).jpg
    belt (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

They did fine moving my Subway from upstate NY to Phoenix AZ... no damage and took two weeks. $577 bucks for a 2300+ mile trip. It was off the legs and wrapped but no pallet. A bit pricey but I wasn't in a rush.

#46 2 years ago

I trust them to give me a little more service than what $300 buys you from your distributor. As a matter of fact, I have seen way more NIB disasters in shipping as opposed to the zero I have ever seen trashed by Beltmann. Now my last shipment was a very rare add a ball and one I have been looking for for a long time. I wouldn't trust just anyone to ship it, so I spent the extra money AND time to have it get here in one piece. Was it worth nearly twice what NIB shipping costs? Yes it was for me.

#65 2 years ago

Having a pinhead on both ends of the journey really helps too... If the sender does a decent wrap prior to the shipper arriving, and then demands (in your name) it be wrapped AGAIN once the shipper arrives, now that is one well protected machine.

What you have to watch out for is when they say "we don't wrap it here, we take it back to the depot and wrap it there before putting it on a truck..." which is code speak for "throw a shipping blanket over it and ratchet strap it to the truck" so don't let them leave until it is properly wrapped if you are looking for NO damage.

A proper pallet is essential too. That damage in the last set of photos looks like it could have been avoided if they would have used a pallet that supported the cabinet corners, which is the reason they got f-ed up IMO.

The below tl;dr method is offered for the sake of the lives of pinball machines everywhere... its time consuming and it requires more resources but it has never failed me.

I recommend a 5/8 plywood platform screwed on top of oak skids and centering strips screwed on all four sides to prevent shifting.

Ratchet strap the shrink wrapped head down to the corner boarded and shrink wrapped cabinet using corner boards.

When shrink wrapping the cabinet, center the four legs, duct taped together with cardboard between them and with leg bolts bagged and duct taped to that, in the center of the cabinet bottom.

Stand the machine on its shipping buttons and place a piece of cardboard on the pallet.

Center machine on pallet, and run ratchet strap from underneath pallet, over machine using corner boards on cabinet edges, then back under the pallet. DO NOT run ratchet straps under pallet skids to prevent abrasive separation of the straps, and always run straps parallel to the skids.

Tighten straps so machine and pallet become solid and machine will not rock back and forth. Wrap with shipping blankets and either duct tape them in place, or do a second shrink wrap.

Now, if there is ANY damage after you do all that, then I would stop using that carrier too, but so far this packing method has transported numerous machines thousands of miles for me damage free.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-shipping-your-game-dont-use-beltmann-if-you-can-help-it?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.