(Topic ID: 158369)

If you're not playing Road Show, you are missing out!

By altan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image.gif
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-04-29_at_2.41.16_PM.png
IMG_6961_(2).jpg
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago

Some more interesting info.

Getting to Albuquerque is valuable because you can sell souvenirs. If you have acquired the right one for each city visited, you get more points. This means you want to reach Albuquerque as late as possible, so you have had the chance to get the most valuable souvenirs.

Turns out that the longest trip you can make to Albuquerque is 8 stops (including Albuquerque). There are 10 ways to maximum the distance. Notice you need to go through Atlanta for this longest trip.

--> Miami --> Atlanta --> Ohio --> NewOrleans --> Chicago --> Dallas --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> Miami --> Atlanta --> Ohio --> NewOrleans --> Chicago --> KanasaCity --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> Miami --> Atlanta --> Ohio --> NewOrleans --> Nashville --> Dallas --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> NewYork --> Atlanta --> NewOrleans --> Chicago --> Dallas --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> NewYork --> Atlanta --> NewOrleans --> Chicago --> KanasaCity --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> NewYork --> Atlanta --> NewOrleans --> Nashville --> Dallas --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> NewYork --> Atlanta --> Ohio --> Nashville --> Dallas --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> NewYork --> Atlanta --> Ohio --> NewOrleans --> Chicago --> Dallas --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> NewYork --> Atlanta --> Ohio --> NewOrleans --> Chicago --> KanasaCity --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque
--> NewYork --> Atlanta --> Ohio --> NewOrleans --> Nashville --> Dallas --> Minnesota --> Albuquerque

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Some more interesting info.
Getting to Albuquerque is valuable because you can sell souvenirs. If you have acquired the right one for each city visited, you get more points. This means you want to reach Albuquerque as late as possible, so you have had the chance to get the most valuable souvenirs.

Nice, that's a worthwhile challenge. This is anything but a linear game.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Getting to Albuquerque is valuable because you can sell souvenirs.

Always loved cashing in but never realized there were proper souvenirs for ea city! When I show friends the cities and mention the various combos to get to the west coast they're amazed. Time to go to work...

#105 7 years ago

Oh yeah everyone's favorite thing in my family about the pin is the ability to continue to buy in 4 times. Once you're on the journey you just don't want it to end.

#106 7 years ago

Cashing in on souvenirs with bonus multiplier at 6X is very lucrative!

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Cashing in on souvenirs with bonus multiplier at 6X is very lucrative!

That's why I don't sell.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

People keep complaining about the linear rules. Remember, there are a lot of other things going on that makes this game fun...completing the wheel, locking 3 balls to start multiball, shooting left and right ramps to max your bonus (for a boatload of points and extra ball), shooting the blast zone for extra balls and specials, left plunger for extra ball...wow! My RS is never leaving. Getting to the west coast has to be one of the most fun modes in all of pinball!

Plus CONSTRUCTION MANIA

#109 7 years ago

I'm still trying to buy a jackalope. Need me one of them.

#110 7 years ago

Awesome game mines not leaving My basement anytime soon

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#111 7 years ago

Roadshow is a great game with a lot of fantastic shots. I agree with whomever pointed out how satisfying the Bob's Bunker/Ball Lock shot is with that spinner. I've found the key to huge scores is pounding those ramps while having the corresponding souveniers with cities visited. Huge bonuses. Also, Color DMD with this game is outstanding. The animations really pop in color.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Roadshow is a great game with a lot of fantastic shots. I agree with whomever pointed out how satisfying the Bob's Bunker/Ball Lock shot is with that spinner. I've found the key to huge scores is pounding those ramps while having the corresponding souveniers with cities visited. Huge bonuses. Also, Color DMD with this game is outstanding. The animations really pop in color.

I'm close to getting the ColorDMD...

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I'm close to getting the ColorDMD...

What does one of these cost?

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

What does one of these cost?

$400

#115 7 years ago

it's a lot of scratch and people will argue that you don't really watch the DMD a lot when playing, but I still think it's worth it. The greatest mod out there by a country mile.

#116 7 years ago

Most games are linear.... You don't randomly get to a wizard mode, you have to grind through the same exact prereqs every single time... shuffled or not they are still basically linear.

#117 7 years ago

I want a nice roadshow so bad, it's been one I've wanted for a while now. Seems like the most underrated game out there.

#118 7 years ago

Grand Champion score tonight 3,419,140,100. Such a great game, especially Super Payday, great light show!

2 weeks later
#119 7 years ago

Oh man, Los Angeles cracking off into the ocean and the dozer flying out from Earth is awesome.

#120 7 years ago

Road Show gives you a lot of good chances to watch the DMD.

Bobs bunker
Mode starts
Multiballs
Trading post
Etc

#121 7 years ago

Love rs. She will never leave my collection its by far my favorite game

#122 7 years ago

Its on my list fo sho. I have yet to play one.

2 weeks later
#123 7 years ago

Roadshow is getting pretty much constant play here at SFGE.

I was walking by and there were two guys having a ball. One was repeating the callouts and cracking up ("Where's my paycheck!" And others)!

Also saw a good player get around 1.3 billion, make way across the USA. No buy-ins here!

Glad people are enjoying it...

1 year later
#124 6 years ago

Bump because truth.

Get yourself a Roadshow.

#125 6 years ago

Hmmm
I had mine for a year and that was enough!

Such a shame that you have to travel across the map

#126 6 years ago

"It's FRIIIIDAY!"

#127 6 years ago

Even after several years of owning, its Joy to turn it on and do Battle with Red and Ted!

Sure, everything people dont like is there, but WHAT is there is Genius!

So cool that this game is affordable still!

3 months later
#128 6 years ago

Do not select longest path, and you will go straight and faster to the East.
So you will still start from the same city, but you will go straight instead.
Never tried, because i don't have one

#129 6 years ago

Great shots and combos in RS! Its got depth and multiple ways of playing it.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Shhhhh! The music sucks or something! Keep it under wraps!
It's "totally" reasonable that Road Show is often <$3k when it's a Pat Lawlor 90s B/W game thats more loaded than any other game out there.

If you don't like the music, just get a pinsound board

5 years later
#131 8 months ago

RoadShow is a pretty good game my friends

#132 8 months ago

Bumping your own thread. Bold move.

And btw I agree, especially with the introduction of the soren mod/chip! You no longer need to drive from East to West, and you no longer ALWAYS have to play the same modes. Now they are randomized. And you can change a few more settings as well to experience even more of the game that would be nearly impossible to do before.

Do you hate the country song as much as I do? Not a problem with Pinsound. I created and made an album that anyone here can download and put on their machine. It's a mix of 70s/80s songs and it rocks!

The shots are amazing, the game is flowy, tons of mechs, tons of ramps, great rules w/ soren mod, KILLER music with Pinsound, and with the shaker and light show, it's a freaking dream to play. It used to be the best value on used games but I think the market is starting to catch up. I love the game so much that I actually owned two at the same time at one point lol.

The one I own now has a two-beacon topper, and the game itself is pre-loaded with three musical albums to choose from. If anybody will be at Pintastic, I'm bringing it there and you can see for yourself. I have a feeling it's going to be very popular.

#133 8 months ago

There used to be a Road Show at one of the locations near me and I was really getting into it, and then it was gone. Really want to play it again now!

#134 8 months ago

I love road show. Shame it didn't get thr respect it deserved. Linear ruleset will do that to you.

#135 8 months ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Bumping your own thread. Bold move.

Lol. Just thought it needed some love.

Quoted from cookpins:

There used to be a Road Show at one of the locations near me and I was really getting into it, and then it was gone. Really want to play it again now!

Hope you find one you can play!

Quoted from Doctor6:

I love road show. Shame it didn't get thr respect it deserved. Linear ruleset will do that to you.

Never thought the rules were linear as there’s routes you can choose, but I get your point. The after market rom changed it up, but I’ve never tried it.

#136 8 months ago

I own a Roadshow as well. It's the pin that got me in the hobby and almost out of it because of the problems I had with it. However, once those problems were fixed I realized what a blast it is to play and here I am almost 15 years later and I'm still in the hobby. I sold the original I had, but as fate would have it I found the same game in a different state far from me and I had to get it back. The pin was kinda personalized for me by a buddy of mine who refurbished it and as soon as I saw the pin on a Pinside market place ad I knew it was mine.

The game has so much to offer and is very family friendly and it's so original as well. It's got (2) talking heads, widebody, moving mechs, 2 shooter lanes and some crazy ramps and would probably cost a fortune if a company like Stern would make it today. I would love to see someone post a video on Youtube of the new sound package. I bought the new game chip awhile back, but for some reason I couldn't get the thing to work.

LETS RIP SOME ROAD BABY!

#137 8 months ago

Are replacement aprons available for road show? I was considering making an offer on one but it’s missing the apron.

#138 8 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Linear ruleset will do that to you.

I get all the comments about linear rule set and always doing the same thing, but you’re driving a bulldozer after all. You’re not going to hop around the country in one of those.

Also you can change your path by hitting the white, yellow or orange standups

#139 8 months ago

Lol.

I made this video 13+ years ago.

And I still have this RoadShow!

#140 8 months ago

Amazing game Babee! Mine I see bolted to the floor.

#141 8 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Lol.
I made this video 13+ years ago.

And I still have this RoadShow!

I can’t tell you how many times I watched this video back in my younger days of pinball collecting. Ahh the memories!

#142 8 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I can’t tell you how many times I watched this video back in my younger days of pinball collecting. Ahh the memories!

That’s awesome to hear, thanks for sharing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-not-playing-road-show-you-are-missing-out/page/3?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.