Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Linolium
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1960.JPG
    SlimWOZ1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago

First: I think the OP meant this for fun and not serious consideration. Imagine your in a mamoth mansion, all your family and pets have been trained to meet at the same point and have done that. On the way out they each brought all the stuff with them that you had deemed important. The fire is still very small and other the other side of your 50,000 square foot mansion from your pinballs....

Second: All the above thoughts are correct in a serious light. I've had a small fire and the last thing you think of is your stuff. I was soo lucky! My 13 yr old daughter and I heard a strange high pitch sound. It almost sounded like an electronic sound. I actually didn't pay attention to it and was about to go get dressed for church. (Sunday Morn) She came to me and asked what the sound was so I got up with her to go find it. We got to our hall where it was the loudest trying to figure out which room it was coming from. She said "do you smell something burning?" About that time I looked up at my attic stairs and saw light coming from the where the hinge area. I quickly turned to the light switch for the attic which was right behind me and saw it was off. I grabbed the rope for the stairs and pulled them open to see flames shooting out of my heating/AC unit. It was like a dragon breathing fire. I screamed FIRE to my wife. As if we had practiced it my daughter got her younger sister and the dog and cat out the door. My wife called 911 and ran for the extinguishers as did I. She handed me the first one and as I squezzed the handle it went "poof" and was dead. She handed me the second smaller one and it worked. The fire coming out of the unit went out but a few things I had set on top of it had started to ignite. I put them out as they tried to flare back up until my extinguisher went out. Luckily we don't live far from the fire station and they arrived quickly. Since I had put the main fire out they finished it with their extinguishers and didn't need to use water which saved me a TON of damage as well. The fire had started after the gas line going to the heater cracked and ignited when the AC came on. The whistle noise was the fire and gas shooting from the line which scared the hell out of me in retrospect. I was so lucky on all accounts. I can't believe I cought an attic fire before it spread and put it out!! I can't believe the gas fire went out as easy as it did. Had it happened 30 min later we would have been on the way to church and I wouldn't have had a house or anything left.

#39 9 years ago

I forgot to mention in my lengthy fire post above: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE EXTINGUISHER!!! I'd have lost a lot had I only had the one that failed. Thank goodness I had the second small one that worked.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-house-were-on-fire?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.