(Topic ID: 49088)

If Your Game For Sale In The Forum Is Overpriced...

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_UncleKevin.jpg
    freecandy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

If your game for sale in the forum is overpriced, some people might post saying so. If they're wrong, people will let them know as well.
    If your game for sale in the forum is under priced, people might post saying so. If they're wrong, people will let them know as well.
    What's so wrong with either? When I post games for sale, I invite critique. However, I'm just looking for a fair price, I'm not looking to squeeze every last penny I can out of people. From what I can tell, unless your price is really out of line, most for sale posts remain mellow around here.

Why can't you do what you just did here? START YOUR OWN POST! Instead of crashing the FS Post start your own post and discuss it. You just did it here, make it a habit...

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

To me there are many issues with people ripping on others pricing.. Each Market is different.. Mid-West / Chicago area is cheaper then say West Coast and Cali. In some parts the Difference in price can be as much as 25%. Few people are experts in the entire CONT USA pinball Market (I'm not for sure) Most of us know our market and maybe a few other markets around us. Before I comment on anyone's whats my game worth thread I look at where they are from, look for what games like that have been selling for in my area then try and adjust it to the market they are selling it in.
    JJ

Exactly... I doubt some of these guys will understand any of this but we can only hope!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

?. If someone started a thread to comment on an existing post because you don't feel the comment is appropriate, there would be a lot of posts. Would you create a "What Would Teekee do" flowchart for deciding such things? How would that work?
    More questions than answers.

Why doesn't everyone just do the smart thing and move on from the posts they disagree with? If so there would be a lot less of all this crap!

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from schmoo:

For the very same reason that you didn't move on from THESE posts. You have an opinion on the subject and you want it to be heard. It's human nature...let it run its course.

Opinion on what? A FS Post is not asking for an opinion! This post is! There is a difference!

Man, there are some out there who just can't grasp it... WOW!!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

IF YOU DON"T WANT ANY DISCUSSION ON YOUR SALES, POST IT IN THE MARKET AND NOT IN THE "MARKET PLACE FORUM". <(PERIOD)

Yep, looks like that's the only solution here since there are just a few too many guys here with little respect and always looking for trouble. Too bad... RGP lives again!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

What ever happened to, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?
    The negativity in this place (when it comes to anything relating to money) is off putting. Going around and interjecting negativity into every for sale thread just breeds negativity, and it encourages people who don't really have a good understanding of value to pile on. It also discourages otherwise good sellers from listing here.
    The disingenuous "nice price" posts aren't all that helpful either, but at least it's positive.

Exactly! I mean you can't say it any better than this! Some of these guys just won't accept this or just don't get it. Or they simply THRIVE on all the negativity and controversy. They don't want it to go away!

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe I've missed it, has there been a thread where Robin or the mods asked people to stop commenting on FS prices?

Nope, its still totally your choice. So why not make the right decision and stop the noise and negativity??

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm gonna have a TOM for sale soon...whatchoo guys think? 7k? 8k? Just round up and list for 10k?

Why not? Worst that can happen is no one will buy it... unless these guys get a hold of you.

#47 10 years ago

exactly! lol! keep on guessing...

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

From my perspective, comments should be restricted to facts. For example, if I post pictures of my pin and I state no cracked ramps, it should be accurate. If a Pinsider notices a crack, they should speak up. Sometimes the seller is unaware of the crack, sometimes the seller is glossing over it. In either case, it's correcting a concrete/incorrect statement made by the seller.
    OTOH, an asking price isn't a fact. It's what the seller wants to get for his machine. If you think it's too high and want it badly, PM the seller and negotiate. Stating publicly that the machine isn't worth the asking price is just bad (and should be actively discouraged). Most sellers aren't idiots and know if they are asking "top dollar". Aware or not, it's a sellers right to try and get whatever they want! If someone thinks the seller is "greedy", then just move on and don't deal with them. If there is an honest need to want to educate the seller about the market for a particular pin, DO IT IN A PM.
    snaroff

+1 +2 +3 Very nicely said...

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

You killed at least one sale for sure...and possibly one other

say it ain't so... LOL!

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Still no response to these questions from TeeKee or anyone else who wants to limit opinions in the Market Forum. Not trolling here, I would really like to know.

Its not worth trying to explain any of this to you or anyone else that doesn't get it by now. If you can't figure it out by now... WOW, what can I say? Continue your sabotaging if it makes you feel better.

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

He doesn't get it. Never will. Instead, its everyone else that doesn't understand. And, as stated above it's not worth trying to explain.
    I'm sure teekee wont have any trouble finding any more overpriced threads to add the usual
    "This won't last long!"
    " How is this not sold!"
    " This is a steal!"

Quoted from Jvspin:

Still no answer.
    I would really like to know why you wouldn't just use the Market Place.
    To date, I have never posted a negative opinion about someone's machine in their FS thread. Just trying to understand why someone would post in the Market Forum if they weren't open to opinions.

At least if you gonna make so much trouble here sabotaging FS Posts Please donate to Pinside...

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

You seem to assume the opinions will always be negative. I see plenty of posts where a good or fairly priced machine will get a positive response that probably helps the sale.

Because its all up for interpretation. What you find overpriced does not mean it is overpriced. There are a lot of variables. I've explained my position plenty of times. Go and read them. If you can't figure out what I am saying then I can't help you... give to Pinside!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-game-for-sale-in-the-forum-is-overpriced?tu=teekee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.