(Topic ID: 49088)

If Your Game For Sale In The Forum Is Overpriced...

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_UncleKevin.jpg
    freecandy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4 10 years ago

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP and sealclubber

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Would you feel its appropriate to interrupt the market owner while he completes a sale to another customer to ask that question? Because that's in effect what is happening here.

Let's be realistic; there's no potential buyer in line for that Shadow at $3900.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's not about what you can't say - it's about TIME AND PLACE. I can't believe we have to retread basic social courtesies.

I would say that not financially raping someone on a game is courteous.

For that matter, warning someone that they're going to get raped financially is courteous.

#112 10 years ago

Yeah, but on the other hand, you shouldn't be accusing anybody of rape unless your pretty damn sure they're a rapist.

freecandy.jpgfreecandy.jpg

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You act like someone is going to be forced to pay someone's asking price. A fallacy that is beyond the obvious. If the price is bad - people won't pay it. Simple enough. They don't need you cheerleading from the side to know they should only pay what they feel like paying.

Clearly I'm not acting like that; I'm acting like someone with concern for uninformed buyers.

An uninformed buyer could well pay an unfair price due to lack of information.

Citing recent sales, Mr. Pinball, and Boston Pinball price guides is simply providing information to otherwise uninformed buyers.

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Most FS threads are just fine. Someone posts a price that's crazy, someone says so, and all hell breaks loose.
    Sellers selling things at reasonable prices don't have these types of issues.

What a sensible post.

#120 10 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes - I forgot.. you are here in your cape to save everyone.
    My god.. what did people do before the Pinside rescuers were here to save them? Do you plan on taking over craigslist anytime soon too? Lots of potential victims there.
    If people base their prices purely on asking prices and single examples and not more entropy.. their loss.

It's really entertaining when that happens. From Chicago Craigslist about a month ago:

"RE: FULL LED TERMINATOR 2 PINBALL MACHINE - $2699 (Oak Brook) - $1
    The seller of this game just bought it for $1700. If you're looking at it, DO NOT pay him $2700 for it."

My understanding on that one is that a Pinsider let a game go cheap to a "new hobbyist", who had it on CL within 48 hours.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yup, that flipper posts ads in the MARKET on Pinside also > goes by the name Simpsons I believe.
    Glad to see people have taken to bashing him on clist also and backing it up with FACTS about what he just bought the game for!

If I'm honest, I was the one that posted that Craigslist ad.

You're right about his identity.

#126 10 years ago

I posted a thread asking Teekee what he thought that Shadow was worth in the market advice section.

The thread was removed.

How's that for an answer to those who said people should start separate threads to critique pricing?

#128 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

One of the mods thought it was a trolling thread . . . he likely didn't read this thread and see that idea was actually proposed by the anti-price police gang as a solution.

Gotcha. I'm not entirely surprised, and don't blame the mods. I think one of the arcade or automotive forums I am on doesn't allow the use of other members' names in thread titles (except feedback threads, or something to that effect.)

I would genuinely like to know what Teekee think that Shadow is worth (and why.) I figure he'll say it's a moot point, but it would satisfy my curiosity.

#134 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

this is wrong. we self police around here. if you try to sell in the manner you are describing I will relentlessly trash you on this board and you will not recover. You can't jump someone's fs thread. we won't buy your shit if you do. Ever. Forever. I and others like me will never forget.

Good call.

I'm thinking that Flynnibus either doesn't "get" how things are done on this forum and others like it, or is a troll.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-game-for-sale-in-the-forum-is-overpriced?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.