(Topic ID: 49088)

If Your Game For Sale In The Forum Is Overpriced...

By jalpert

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_UncleKevin.jpg
    freecandy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#20 10 years ago

How about this: the person with the pin that's for sale gets to set the asking price.
    The end.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Are you suggesting someone anyone said that sellers shouldn't be able to sell their game for whatever they want?

Yup. They're called the "price police" and they seem to attack most FS threads.

I just find it strange that someone would be criticized for selling a pin at more than fair market value. If you own the pin, it's up to you, and you alone to determine how much cash it will take for you to part with it.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from schmoo:

I don't think that comparison works here. When you are in this forum, it is all about pinball and there is a long history of buying / selling pins against which any present sale can quickly be compared. Imagine spending all of your time in a large fruit market. After seeing dozens of people selling oranges for 50 cents each, you would be surprised if someone started asking $1 each. And eventually, you would likely find yourself asking the guy, "So why are your oranges worth $1 when everyone else is selling for 50 cents ?"
    I have never bought into the notion that I shouldn't care about asking prices if I am not interested in the pin. Since when am I allowed to be completely indifferent to things that don't directly affect me ?
    I don't agree with raking people over the coals for asking too much for their pins, but I don't think that asking someone to defend their asking price is overreaching.

Do you own a car? Ever fill up your tank with gasoline?
    You were saying...?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-game-for-sale-in-the-forum-is-overpriced?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.