(Topic ID: 25874)

If your favorite band had a pinball...

By DarthXaos

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dimebag.jpg
    PanteraVulgarDisplayofPower.jpg
    image.jpg
    HellBilly_Deluxe_2_promo.jpg
    Sick_Bubblegum.jpg
    HellBilly_Deluxe_2.jpg
    American-made-music-to-strip-by.jpg
    07_lasexorcisto.jpg
    cash.jpg
    gratefuldead.jpg
    space.jpeg
    hendrix.jpeg
    69714.gif
    Pink-Floyd-The-Wall-pink-floyd-2121971.jpg
    pink_floyd_the_wall.jpg
    NIN_Smoke_Logo_by_InsectGod.jpg
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

What 8 songs would you pick (limited to
    What would the game be like, what kind of toys, modes, etc.

#2 11 years ago

I don't know but I think MSF would be a good conversion for Iron Maiden. Have Eddie throw the ball. Run to the Hills.

#3 11 years ago

I would love for a good iron maiden pin.

#4 11 years ago

They're not my favorite band. But I could see a Pink Floyd pin.

And they'd have to be tracks from WYWH, DSotM, or The Wall - Preferably The Wall since the album is a theme in itself.

#5 11 years ago

Let's start with one that EVERYONE wants, and that is Pink Floyd. At least most of the songs would be from the Wall or Dark Side of the Moon which would be easy, but I think Wish You Were Here would make a nice victory multiball jam. Also, Shine on you Crazy Diamond would be cool for maybe a crazy diamond toy, but I wouldn't do it.

#6 11 years ago

Bee Gees. LOL

#7 11 years ago

Queen would be cool.

We are the champions for wizard mode

Fat bottom girls video mode

We will Rock You mutli ball

Under Pressure for a timed mode, make certain goals (shots) in a set amount of time, or the game drains the ball

That's just a start. I could go on.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Let's start with one that EVERYONE wants, and that is Pink Floyd.

Not everyone

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Queen would be cool.

Now that is one I can get behind!

#10 11 years ago

Yea. This is the downfall of music pins. Unlike other themes, hating the band means hating the pin. I have rolling stones and Elvis. It's a shame. Elvis would be a fun game otherwise.

#11 11 years ago

I don't think a Bob Dylan pin machine would do very well. ..

#12 11 years ago

I'm still holding out for a physical version of Crue Ball, to officially bring Motley Crue to the world of real-life pinball (as opposed to just video game pinball).

Crue Ball was a 1993 pinball video game for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. You basically played the role of "Alister Fiend", as he trys to defeat "Mr Gore" by means of completing goals in the video pinball table and advancing "volume levels" (while listening to Motley Crue tunes).

The pinball music was composed by Brian Schmidt (mastermind behind Banzai Run & Black Knight 2000's music) and included Motley Crue tracks "Home Sweet Home", "Dr. Feelgood", and "Live Wire".

For the pinball machine it would have to have stuff like "Kickstart My Heart", "Too Young to Fall in Love", or "Shout at the Devil" in the pinball machine (maybe "Primal Scream").

"BALL 3 LOCKED!"

*cute groupies/strippers pulling you into a room via first person view* - DMD animation

"VIP ROOM MULTIBAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

**Cue tune** "Girls, Girls, Girls" or "Kickstart My Start"

#13 11 years ago

I would like to see them do a Monsters of Rock with multiple bands from the 80’s that toured together , or Ozzfest, or Wacken Festival concert line up, or something that includes a bunch of the top heavy metal/rocks bands in one game. I remember listening to an interview with Lemmy wanting them to do a Motorhead pinball game one day. On a side note I do wnat a PF game at all.

#14 11 years ago

Agreed on Pink Floyd. I think it should incorporate all (or many) of their albums. There could be a bank of four targets. Each time you hit one, you hear the 4-note guitar riff on Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and the fourth time, the song kicks in (as in the real one) to start a mode.

Run Like Hell would be a good song and/or mode.

Other songs I'd include:

Echoes (the jam following the first section)
    Breathe (I think it would make a good opening song)
    Welcome to the Machine
    Pigs

Toys:

Inflatable pig, of course
    Mr. Screen
    Lasers

Other features:

Targets to spell out PINK and FLOYD
    Each band member could have their own mode (Syd's could be Shine On, One of These Days for Nick, etc.)

I think the music lends itself well because there are a lot of songs with long instrumental breaks without any singing, which I'd prefer for a pinball game. That's just me though.

#15 11 years ago

Black Sabbath. I would buy the NIB LE NIB.

Modes/Songs:
    Iron Man
    War Pigs
    Electric Funeral
    Children of the Grave
    Into the Void
    Planet Caravan
    Supernaut

Wizard mode would naturally be: The Wizard.

Toys would include a Hand of Doom, a Wall of Sleep, and Wheels of Confusion.

#16 11 years ago

I'm not a big fan of band pinballs, despite playing in local original bands for over 20 yrs but if ihad to pick one to be made into a pin it would have to be Bad Religion.

#17 11 years ago

What bands have u been in, would I have heard of them?

#18 11 years ago

If you actually thought about it, Pink Floyd music would be terrible in a pinball machine. Unless you were stoned. You want music that gets the pulse racing. Not coma inducing.

Just because you like the music, doesn't mean it would suit a pinball machine.

You may not like ACDC but everyone would have to admit, it sure suits a pinball machine. Motley Crüe, Maiden ... Would all be awesome music for a pin.

Now, where's that dude who always pops up on these threads and wants a Tom Petty pin? Now there's a great theme. Not! Even Mike Campbell wouldn't buy one....

And where's the Bruce Springsteen guy? "Down to the rivvvvvverrrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzzz" whoops Player One has dozed off in the middle of the first ball! OMG! Here comes Silvio on the guitar!

Haha

Dave.

#19 11 years ago

A slightly neurotic Talking Heads pin.

#20 11 years ago

Dream Theater - Scenes from a memory

#21 11 years ago

i'm ok with random songs, but a whole collection of one bands greatest hits is a different story.

single band pins ruin the band imo. all your great music memories/experiences as a kid and young adult listening to that band will be wipped away. It get's replaced embedded with pinball from here on out. pinball amnesia. hard to reprogram that and get it out of your head.

I know people think their gold and I respect that. but, it definitely changes the way you relate to the band. It's never the same anymore.

#23 11 years ago

Queens of the Stone Age!

#24 11 years ago

beastie boys.. could have a whole robot theme. tracks from the late 80's up to today.

#25 11 years ago

My wife wants a Coldplay pin..

Personally, I think it would come out looking as fruity or moreso than Farfalla, lol.

#26 11 years ago

Super Furry Animals... they're a welsh band. Check them out.

#t=4m46s

#27 11 years ago

Pink Floyd and stuff from the Wall, Final Cut, Wish You Were Here and other albums where Roger Waters was still with that band could be cool.
    U2 could also be neat including I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and stuff from Joshua Tree and better songs but not much off the last album, which was fairly bland except for Magnificent and a couple of other songs.

#28 11 years ago

I would make a Devo pin, with all kinds of gadgets, and several different color coded areas of the playfield with very different artistic styles, because every album the band came up with a new theme and look for their live tours.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

What bands have u been in, would I have heard of them?

I doubt it, if you were around the early 90's pub scene in Brisbane you may have.

Packers Privilege
    Green Room Agents
    Phucknuckle

#30 11 years ago

Less Than Jake

Songs:

Johnny Quest Thinks We're Sellouts
    Look What Happened (The Last Time)
    All My Best Friends Are Metalheads
    The Science of Selling Yourself Short
    Does The Lion City Still Roar
    Scott Farcas Takes it on the Chin
    My Very Own Flag
    Life Led Out Loud

Toys would include a PEZ dispenser that dispenses balls, a trombone ramp, a spinning disc with pop bumpers on it (the "mosh pit")

#31 11 years ago

I could handle Floyd, Zepplin and Queen for sure without them getting old.
    There are others but those are the biggest names were I could handle overplaying 8 songs and still like it and not hate it.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from drbond:

I'm still holding out for a physical version of Crue Ball, to officially bring Motley Crue to the world of real-life pinball (as opposed to just video game pinball).
    Crue Ball was a 1993 pinball video game for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. You basically played the role of "Alister Fiend", as he trys to defeat "Mr Gore" by means of completing goals in the video pinball table and advancing "volume levels" (while listening to Motley Crue tunes).
    The pinball music was composed by Brian Schmidt (mastermind behind Banzai Run & Black Knight 2000's music) and included Motley Crue tracks "Home Sweet Home", "Dr. Feelgood", and "Live Wire".
    For the pinball machine it would have to have stuff like "Kickstart My Heart", "Too Young to Fall in Love", or "Shout at the Devil" in the pinball machine (maybe "Primal Scream").
    "BALL 3 LOCKED!"
    *cute groupies/strippers pulling you into a room via first person view* - DMD animation
    "VIP ROOM MULTIBAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    **Cue tune** "Girls, Girls, Girls" or "Kickstart My Start"

This would be FREAKING AWESOME and full of WIN!!!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

If you actually thought about it, Pink Floyd music would be terrible in a pinball machine. Unless you were stoned. You want music that gets the pulse racing. Not coma inducing.
    Just because you like the music, doesn't mean it would suit a pinball machine.
    You may not like ACDC but everyone would have to admit, it sure suits a pinball machine. Motley Crüe, Maiden ... Would all be awesome music for a pin.
    Now, where's that dude who always pops up on these threads and wants a Tom Petty pin? Now there's a great theme. Not! Even Mike Campbell wouldn't buy one....
    And where's the Bruce Springsteen guy? "Down to the rivvvvvverrrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzzz" whoops Player One has dozed off in the middle of the first ball! OMG! Here comes Silvio on the guitar!
    Haha
    Dave.

Agreed, and I'm a huge Floyd fan.

#34 11 years ago

Pixies... Possible pin-themed songs:
    - Levitate Me
    - Hang Wire
    - Bone Machine
    - Gigantic
    - Tame
    - Vamos
    - Crackity Jones
    - All Over the World

#35 11 years ago

OH YES!!! SYSTEM OF A DOWN!!!!!

A terracotta pie toy!

Pull the tapeworm out of your Ass! Multiball!

A Toxicity lower playfield

Spiders!

Cigaro bumpers!

Psycho Bonus!

Vicinity of Obscenity Zone!

Bounce Mode! POGO!

Peephole outholes.

Think of the soundtrack!!!!

#36 11 years ago

NIN_Smoke_Logo_by_InsectGod.jpgNIN_Smoke_Logo_by_InsectGod.jpg

#37 11 years ago

Pink-Floyd-The-Wall-pink-floyd-2121971.jpgPink-Floyd-The-Wall-pink-floyd-2121971.jpg

#38 11 years ago

I really like the Stones but don't think I would ever own it unless I found it at a good price. Weird I never have seen one for sale.

I would buy a Rush pin in a heart beat.

Maybe a Queensryche Operation Mindcrime.

#39 11 years ago

Sadly I don't think a GWAR pinball machine is gonna happen unless I make it myself. Might have to do that someday.

#40 11 years ago

Mott the Hoople.

Dan

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

Sadly I don't think a GWAR pinball machine is gonna happen unless I make it myself. Might have to do that someday.

Include the Sexecutioner's song and you'll have a surefire hit on your hands!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Let's start with one that EVERYONE wants, and that is Pink Floyd. At least most of the songs would be from the Wall or Dark Side of the Moon which would be easy, but I think Wish You Were Here would make a nice victory multiball jam. Also, Shine on you Crazy Diamond would be cool for maybe a crazy diamond toy, but I wouldn't do it.

Sorry, Big Guy. Not even close. If I hear one more song from either of this albums, I think I'll snap. Now Iron Maiden, is something I can get behind.

#43 11 years ago

As it turns out, Boston's first album has exactly 8 songs. Win!

How can you go wrong with a big flying guitar for a playfield toy? Or a pipe organ?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

With a blood spray option

#45 11 years ago

MegadetH - Vic would make a great toy -
    alien themes, nuclear holocaust and speed metal !

69714.gif69714.gif

#46 11 years ago

My favorite band growing up does have a pin. (GnR). But ACDC teabags it!!! (;

Would love to see a remake of a GnR pin with full songs playing and a Lyman rule sheet.

I know that will never happen though.

#47 11 years ago

i lucked out big time because GNR is my favorit band. Considering how self imploding that band was, it's amazing that pin even exists.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Well, it's not like you'd be using Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun in a pinball machine.

You'd use things like Coming Back To Life, The Dogs Of War, Run Like Hell, Another Brick In The Wall Part 2, Empty Spaces/What Shall We Do Now? (movie version), In The Flesh, The Thin Ice, Have A Cigar, Time, One Of These Days, Fearless, Astronomy Domine, See Emily Play-- there's plenty to choose from there.

Actually, if I was going to make a Pink Floyd pinball machine, I'd just make it themed around The Wall-- those puppets would make great playfield toys, and I'd figure out a way to build a wall across the playfield somehow.

#49 11 years ago

Jimi Hendrix!

Interplanetary Space Rock Theme!
    Solar System Multiball lock like Dredd's Deadworld mod. ("Third Stone from the Sun" plays when balls are released)
    Elevated guitar neck shooter lane.
    Crosstown Traffic criss cross wireform ball returns to flippers. Marshall stack bash toy.
    Achieving a few goals puts a Pinball suspended by magnets mid-air, back center of the game, between orbit ramps. Fast enough orbit shot knocks ball from suspension, launches 2ball multiball mode ( "Are you Experienced"

Purple Haze multiball, whole playfield lit with purple LEDs.
    Red House red LED multiball.

Voodoo Child, Are you Experienced, Third Stone from the Sun, Red House, Purple Haze, All Along the Watchtower, Foxy Lady, Crosstown Traffic

hendrix.jpeghendrix.jpeg space.jpegspace.jpeg

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-favorite-band-had-a-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.