Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chubtoad13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22365639_10155848425198060_8727114727959334386_n (resized).jpg
    7AF35AE1-19DB-4B45-B4F9-D7938A416E9A (resized).jpeg
    20190525_094756 (resized).jpg
    20190526_112617 (resized).jpg
    20190524_191928 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I donate to charities that raffle off games and was thinking about what I would do if I ever actually won a game.

I’m at a point where I can’t add a game without selling a game. What would I sell? What would I choose in the Stern catalog?

The potential sell contenders would be probably be WPT, Stingray, Stars, or F2k. Maybe get an IMDN? I’m not sure. I haven’t played most of the new Sterns, besides IMDN and SW(which I own)

What would you do if you won a game? Do you have space for it? If not, is there a clear cut game you would sell? Is there a definite game you would choose?

#2 4 years ago

I won remake spiderman at TPF four years ago. It was pretty cool to be able to add $6000 game without spending a dime. At the time I had plenty of space. I actually traded it for a star trek premium a couple months down the road.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I won remake spiderman at TPF four years ago. It was pretty cool to be able to add $6000 game without spending a dime. At the time I had plenty of space. I actually traded it for a star trek premium a couple months down the road.

That’s awesome!

#4 4 years ago

Maiden and Deadpool are both great games.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Did you get a 1099 tax form for winning?

#6 4 years ago

Tron vault

#7 4 years ago

I would keep it if it's a game i don't like much i might trade it for something else down the line if i ever do win. My game choice would probably be Deadpool as I already own BKSOR and IMDN.

#8 4 years ago

Ahh an imaginary game for an imaginary scenario.

Bold choice. I like it.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Ahh an imaginary game for an imaginary scenario.
    Bold choice. I like it.

This is definitely just a thought experiment. It would be a great problem to actually have.

#10 4 years ago

If I were lucky enough to win one since I have no more room I'd bring it to my best friends house. Wife doesn't need to know and I get to keep all of my games.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Maiden and Deadpool are both great games.

Own both and couldn't agree more.

#12 4 years ago

Maiden every day and twice on Sunday.

#14 4 years ago

I won the Munsters Pro at TPF. I tried to sell out of the Austin, TX area but no luck. I understand, its a title getting a beating right now but waaay too many offers for $4K and under.

I will most likely ship up to Boston to either enjoy and eventually trade.

#15 4 years ago

Anything but Munsters.

#16 4 years ago

Went with Iron Maiden for my Project Pinball choice and haven't looked back since. The only thing I occasionally regret is not upgrading to a premium but a $50 pro doesn't hurt either. Space was an issue at first but things have been tucked away nicely. That same weekend I found another machine going for about 2/3 the going price and couldn't pass on it. 5 machines Friday morning, 7 machines Sunday night. No plan on selling and might begin loaning out machines to close friends/family.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Did you get a 1099 tax form for winning?

nope, told me I won, threw the keys at me, and had to find someone to deliver to Nashville (thanks Larry at FlipnOut).

#18 4 years ago

I just went over Stern's "Current" lineup. I'd pick Deadpool. I already own Star Trek, which is why I didn't pick that.

This is of course assuming that Beatles didn't count as a possibility.

BKSOR - Meh. Black Knight, Swansong Of Ritchie.
    Munsters - Uninspired code combined with an uninspired playfield.
    Iron Maiden - I like it well enough, but I get bored playing it.
    Guardians - Another fine game for somebody else. It just isn't cohesive.
    Star Wars - I've probably played it 30 times, and didn't like any of those plays. I gave up.
    Batman - I realize Lyman has turned it into a much better game, but I played it when it wasn't done... and lost interest.
    Star Trek - I own it, and it hangs around, so I like it.
    Deadpool - The game I'd pick.

#19 4 years ago

Maiden

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I won remake spiderman at TPF four years ago.

Quoted from tilt-master:

I won the Munsters Pro at TPF.

Quoted from twhtalm:

Went with Iron Maiden for my Project Pinball choice and haven't looked back since.

You're all lucky guys. I see no point in speculating about it, since I've never won anything and most likely never will.

#21 4 years ago

I wouldn't win if I had the only ticket.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

BKSOR - Meh. Black Knight, Swansong Of Ritchie.
    Munsters - Uninspired code combined with an uninspired playfield.
    Iron Maiden - I like it well enough, but I get bored playing it.
    Guardians - Another fine game for somebody else. It just isn't cohesive.
    Star Wars - I've probably played it 30 times, and didn't like any of those plays. I gave up.
    Batman - I realize Lyman has turned it into a much better game, but I played it when it wasn't done... and lost interest.
    Star Trek - I own it, and it hangs around, so I like it.
    Deadpool - The game I'd pick.

are you sure you like pinball at all?

#23 4 years ago

I just won Joe P Said's Pinball Charity Monthly Raffle last month.
    Totally Stoked!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elevatorman:

I just won Joe P Said's Pinball Charity Monthly Raffle last month.
    Totally Stoked!

Congrats! What game did you choose?

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I absolutely LOVE pinball. Don't let my thoughts about Stern's current uninspired lineup fool you. They have made some GREAT games. I currently have 8 modern Stern games in my lineup. It's not my fault they aren't currently putting out their best games.

#26 4 years ago

I have a blast playing all the new Stern games, maiden and Guardians are both going to be classics that will stand the test of time imo.
    And they earn more on route than all the “inspired” B/W pins.
    I guess I have a low bar set for enjoying pinball.

#27 4 years ago

And if I won a game, I would get another Deadpool, already have 2 Guardians.

#28 4 years ago

I'd be wondering what I entered to win it ?

LTG : )

#29 4 years ago

I'd pay the extra and get a Munsters premium

#30 4 years ago

I’d sell it and put it towards a TBL

#31 4 years ago

I'd probably sell IMDN and choose BKSOR

#32 4 years ago

If I survived the heart attack after finding out I won, I'd go Deadpool.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

I donate to charities that raffle off games and was thinking about what I would do if I ever actually won a game.
    I’m at a point where I can’t add a game without selling a game. What would I sell? What would I choose in the Stern catalog?
    The potential sell contenders would be probably be WPT, Stingray, Stars, or F2k. Maybe get an IMDN? I’m not sure. I haven’t played most of the new Sterns, besides IMDN and SW(which I own)
    What would you do if you won a game? Do you have space for it? If not, is there a clear cut game you would sell? Is there a definite game you would choose?

It's all about how much you love your current lineup versus what games are available to choose from (I believe pinball charity allows you to choose from any current stern pro model in production).

Metallica would be the easy choice for me. Other thoughts would ve IMDN, DP, and BKSOR.

I'm not sure that it matters, however. Odds are slim.

#34 4 years ago

I entered the 'next great pro' contest. Watch - I'll win & it'll be The Brady Bunch. The original series, not the movie with the Babylon 5 guy.
    Alice stand-up targets & when you tap her in the dining room, the garage & the bathroom you get Sam the butcher multi ball. Cindy bash toy. Peter just gets in the way. When you drain it goes "Marcia Marcia Marcia".

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

...not the movie with the Babylon 5 guy.

Meh, Crusade sullies the B5 name

#36 4 years ago

Pro win, Iron Maiden would be my pick.
    I think it is the best pro available right now.

#37 4 years ago

Maiden is probably the best pro currently.

#38 4 years ago

Although I think it’s VASTLY inferior to the Prem, why lie to myself... I’d take a Black Knight Pro for free all day long.

#39 4 years ago

I didn't win a pro, but I did win a BKSOR LE. The the best thing I've ever won! Project pinball raffle tickets still available for the premium model for $75 each.

20190524_191928 (resized).jpg20190524_191928 (resized).jpg20190526_112617 (resized).jpg20190526_112617 (resized).jpg20190525_094756 (resized).jpg20190525_094756 (resized).jpg
    #40 4 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Complaining about Pinball is way more fun than playing pinball.

#41 4 years ago

I choose silverball abuse courtesy of Steve Richie.
    7AF35AE1-19DB-4B45-B4F9-D7938A416E9A (resized).jpeg7AF35AE1-19DB-4B45-B4F9-D7938A416E9A (resized).jpeg

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

nope, told me I won, threw the keys at me, and had to find someone to deliver to Nashville (thanks Larry at FlipnOut).

Nice!

#43 4 years ago

Don’t buy any tickets and avoid the problem altogether.

#44 4 years ago

Win a machine, give one away to someone worthy.
    Good Karma will flow!

#45 4 years ago

maiden , deadpool and guardians are my favorite sterns to play in a long time.
    i dont like iron maiden music and ive never seen guardians movies and I know zero about deadpool comics or movies.
    so.... i'm giving you a point of view from actual lots of time on each game playing them and owning them all.
    they are amazing.

#46 4 years ago

I won a Metallica Pro 2 years ago and paid extra to upgrade to a premium... Was my first pinball! Now 5 NIB sterns later... LOL

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

I won a Metallica Pro 2 years ago and paid extra to upgrade to a premium... Was my first pinball! Now 5 NIB sterns later... LOL

Cool! Where did you win that?

#48 4 years ago

I won a Stern pro in 2017 from Pinball EDU Charity and I upgraded to the premium and I am still very happy with my choice.

Since I was out of room, I lent a 2nd game to my oldest brother so I can tell I would miss it if I sold it.
    22365639_10155848425198060_8727114727959334386_n (resized).jpg22365639_10155848425198060_8727114727959334386_n (resized).jpg

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I won a Stern pro in 2017 from Pinball Charity EDU and I upgraded to the premium and I am still very happy with my choice.
    Since I was out of room, I lent a 2nd game to my oldest brother so I can tell I would miss it if I sold it.
    [quoted image]

Nice choice! SW premium is a great game

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-won-a-stern-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.