Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180716_210519 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210101 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210104 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092828 (resized).jpg
    20180716_093023 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092853 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092842 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092804 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090529 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090541 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090516 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090201 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090039 (resized).jpg
    14_June_17_July_Atlanta (resized).jpg
    Location_14_July (resized).jpg
    valium (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

BLUF: I had a pinball machine picked up 04 June to be delivered at the absolute latest 15 June, and as of this writing, I do not have it in my possession.
    Longer version:
    Back in mid May, I purchased a pinball machine here on Pinside from a very trusted seller. Emailed Michelle over at Beltmann, asked for a quote. Got the quote ($492), authorized it, and had the game picked up 04 June in AZ. I live in the Florida Panhandle no more than 20 minutes from Destin, FL - one of the biggest Spring Break hotspots, so I'm not out in a 1-stoplight town.
    I am told that it will be in my possession at the absolute latest, 15 June, with a 24 hour notice phone call that they will be here to deliver. 14 June rolls around, and I get no phone call by 1500. I call Beltmann, explain the situation, get the mandatory "We're so sorry, we know this frustrating." company line, and am told the new date will be by 22 June.
    21 June arrives, call them again, same thing, now 29 June. The game left Atlanta and is headed to a "agency delivery vehicle in Dallas". So it was 5 hours away, and instead of it being delivered to me, it's going all the way back to Dallas....
    27 June rolls around, I'm on active duty orders in New Hampshire and my fiance is waiting for a call. I email both their coinop email and CC Michelle explaining my disappointment with this situation and requesting a location on my machine and when it is expected to arrive. Half an hour later, I call and explain to them that I don't understand what the problem is and would like to know where the machine currently is. I explain to them that if 29 June rolls around, we are looking at 2 weeks late from the absolute last "original date expected", and that this is getting a bit absurd. I ask where the machine is, to find out it is heading back to Atlanta, and then supposed to come to Florida - although it is not in my neck of the woods but rather South Florida. Then I am told the new delivery date is before 06 July.
    I inform them "That is absolutely ridiculous. What is going on that I am nearing 1 month to receive my machine?" I am told Michelle is now working it, and that she is lighting people up trying to determine how this has taken so long. We hangup, and I email Michelle asking for a "get well plan/corrective action plan/recovery plan" to this situation by last Friday COB, and I received nothing. I had to call on Friday to find out the machine is supposed to be being dropped off in Atlanta, Saturday, 30 June, to be loaded onto a truck to head this way.
    I have made all the phone calls, taken all the initiative, asked all the questions, and get nearly nothing in return.
    So, if you were me, what would you do? I think it is insulting and incredibly audacious for them to expect me to pay 500 for a delivery that has taken nearly 2.5 weeks longer than expected. No one at Beltmann has suggested or expressed any kind of "good will"/"thank you for being incredibly patient and understanding"/"We are incredibly sorry, and here's the deal we are willing to cut to make this right". I am not one for freebies/handouts, but damn man, I feel very disrespected if I am told to hand out $500 for this level of service.
    What would you do? Has this happened to you in the past? How was it made right?
    I want to hear from people who have experience in this or are rational and realistic. No need for any arm-chair tough guys here. I want people with experience who are realistic and can give me guidance on what to do.
    After this experience, I'll drive for a machine I want.

Been there, done that. The really rare pins I drive to, others I roll the shipping dice. I got a NIB Tron LE back in 2011, in the truck it was smashed to pieces. Even the driver looked nervous trying to deliver it and it took me another 3 months to get a replacement from Stern.

I've had plenty of pins delayed. If they were on time THEN I'd be nervous.

Thank you for your service also!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-were-me?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.