Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180716_210519 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210101 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210104 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092828 (resized).jpg
    20180716_093023 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092853 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092842 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092804 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090529 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090541 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090516 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090201 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090039 (resized).jpg
    14_June_17_July_Atlanta (resized).jpg
    Location_14_July (resized).jpg
    valium (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

BLUF: I had a pinball machine picked up 04 June to be delivered at the absolute latest 15 June, and as of this writing, I do not have it in my possession.

Longer version:

Back in mid May, I purchased a pinball machine here on Pinside from a very trusted seller. Emailed Michelle over at Beltmann, asked for a quote. Got the quote ($492), authorized it, and had the game picked up 04 June in AZ. I live in the Florida Panhandle no more than 20 minutes from Destin, FL - one of the biggest Spring Break hotspots, so I'm not out in a 1-stoplight town.

I am told that it will be in my possession at the absolute latest, 15 June, with a 24 hour notice phone call that they will be here to deliver. 14 June rolls around, and I get no phone call by 1500. I call Beltmann, explain the situation, get the mandatory "We're so sorry, we know this frustrating." company line, and am told the new date will be by 22 June.

21 June arrives, call them again, same thing, now 29 June. The game left Atlanta and is headed to a "agency delivery vehicle in Dallas". So it was 5 hours away, and instead of it being delivered to me, it's going all the way back to Dallas....

27 June rolls around, I'm on active duty orders in New Hampshire and my fiance is waiting for a call. I email both their coinop email and CC Michelle explaining my disappointment with this situation and requesting a location on my machine and when it is expected to arrive. Half an hour later, I call and explain to them that I don't understand what the problem is and would like to know where the machine currently is. I explain to them that if 29 June rolls around, we are looking at 2 weeks late from the absolute last "original date expected", and that this is getting a bit absurd. I ask where the machine is, to find out it is heading back to Atlanta, and then supposed to come to Florida - although it is not in my neck of the woods but rather South Florida. Then I am told the new delivery date is before 06 July.

I inform them "That is absolutely ridiculous. What is going on that I am nearing 1 month to receive my machine?" I am told Michelle is now working it, and that she is lighting people up trying to determine how this has taken so long. We hangup, and I email Michelle asking for a "get well plan/corrective action plan/recovery plan" to this situation by last Friday COB, and I received nothing. I had to call on Friday to find out the machine is supposed to be being dropped off in Atlanta, Saturday, 30 June, to be loaded onto a truck to head this way.

I have made all the phone calls, taken all the initiative, asked all the questions, and get nearly nothing in return.

So, if you were me, what would you do? I think it is insulting and incredibly audacious for them to expect me to pay 500 for a delivery that has taken nearly 2.5 weeks longer than expected. No one at Beltmann has suggested or expressed any kind of "good will"/"thank you for being incredibly patient and understanding"/"We are incredibly sorry, and here's the deal we are willing to cut to make this right". I am not one for freebies/handouts, but damn man, I feel very disrespected if I am told to hand out $500 for this level of service.

What would you do? Has this happened to you in the past? How was it made right?

I want to hear from people who have experience in this or are rational and realistic. No need for any arm-chair tough guys here. I want people with experience who are realistic and can give me guidance on what to do.

After this experience, I'll drive for a machine I want.

#15 5 years ago

Tracking. Thank you for all your posts, everyone. I'll proceed with a level head, receive the machine, and see what Beltmann can do from there.

After this, there will be no more shipping of machines. I either drive and get it, or I'll wish I lived closer. Paying $3000 for a machine and hoping it does not get damaged in transit for a month does not leave a good taste in my mouth.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with STI. I have shipped quite a few games via beltmann and haven't experienced anything this bad.
    Something I have learned is to use your contract number to track the shipment yourself using the link below.
    https://extranet.spectransinc.com/BOSShipmentTracking/BOSShipTrack.aspx
    Best you can do is be presistent with your communications to Beltmann. Michelle is usually pretty good at sorting out problems.
    Best of luck next time if you choose to ship another game.

Thank you for that link. $500 shipping, and they didn't even give me that link. Would have saved me many times having to excuse myself from my office to get on my cell to find out what that link could have told me on the screen (due to classified nature of the environment on base, we are not allowed to have our cell phones on our person during the work day).

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I have had one game shipped with Sti. It said it would take two weeks. It took two months. Seems like a common occurrence to me. I won’t be shipping any more.

Holy fuck...

What was the condition of the game when it finally arrived?

#35 5 years ago

Quick update. I heard from both Michelle and the shipping company. First call I've gotten from the shipping company, and they informed me the plan is to deliver the game on Monday.

Michelle pinged corporate and got the price reduced to $310, which is much appreciated. Hopefully the game is in sound shape. We will find out on Monday....!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I'm with "mrbally".
    I have driven from NC to Atlanta, Ohio, Long Island, New Jersey, Green Bay, Chicago, West Virginia and several other places to pick up games. I would rather pay for a couple tanks of gas and have a ride than depend on shippers busting up my stuff or taking weeks to deliver. I can talk to the sellers and put my hands on the machine. PLUS, nothing like a good road trip with a new (to me) machine in the back.

I am no stranger to driving for a machine. I left for my TAF at 08:00am one day, and did not return home until 05:30am the next day.

This was a drive to Arizona, and I'm in Florida. Before this experience, I would ship. Now, I'll just wait for the game to show up closer.

Delivery truck broke down. New date is Wednesday. After a 1 month past due delivery date, what is 2 more days in the grand scheme of things?

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

NPO, you drove to Arizona from Florida in a day and a half? Are you Burt Reynolds ?

My bad.... The current shipment was from AZ to FL.

TAF took so long because the seller took 4 hours longer than he said. We were to meet at 1600, and he didn't show up until sometime between 1900-2000. That was from West Ohio to nearly New Jersey. Longest drive I think in terms of miles was from here (Destin) to Shreveport, LA. 8 hours nearly each way.

When I was in Dayton, I went to Chicago, nearly New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Detroit, Indianapolis, and Nashville. To go from FL to AZ was just too much for me - at the time. If I had known it was going to be from 25 May until 11 July, I prolly would have actually made the drive.

It is what it is at this point : ). As long as the game is in sound condition, I'll chaulk it up and move on - and never ship again.

#41 5 years ago

Now, 12 July.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Where is it ?
    Anything after that it should be comped.

Somewhere between Eglin AFB and Atlanta, for at least the second time.

#45 5 years ago

Now 16 July.

#49 5 years ago

So at one point the truck broke down. Now they are saying the new truck had no room for my machine.

Michelle is irate and said she would try to get it shipped on another truck.

Quoted from Phat_Jay:

At this point I’d be considering driving to wherever it is and get it. I’d be going out of my mind. But I’m a nutcase so....

I actually did offer to make the drive to Atlanta with power tools in hand and pick the machine up. I was informed that is not how it worked. I told them "At this point, it might be how it has to work... "

That's three new delays in 4 days.

#50 5 years ago

So after at least 7 different delays, Michelle got my shipping completely comped. I will pay $0 for shipping since now it will have been over a month since the last expected day of delivery (14 June). It is due to arrive (hopefully 100% in tact) 16 July.

I am 100% appreciative of Michelle's help and efforts. She has been amazing.

CRST on the other hand.....

Comped (resized).jpgComped (resized).jpg

#51 5 years ago

Just checked. Delayed to 17 July now. 4 delays in 4 days.

Since last Friday, we have gone from expected delivery at 09 July to 11 July to 12 July to 16 July to 17 July. In 6 days.

I am documenting this for everyone's SA so when you go to ship a pin, you know what company to not pick.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Glad they took care of the bill.

Yeah, hopefully there's a game to receive at this rate....

#55 5 years ago

Holy shit, it might actually happen....as of 1100 this morning, it was in Columbus,GA - nearly halfway between my location and Atlanta.

As of now, it is in Lynn Haven, a suburb of Panama City - 1 hour and 29 minutes from me.

Location_14_July (resized).jpgLocation_14_July (resized).jpg

It might................actually..........get delivered on Monday.....16 July, 32 days after the "latest original delivery of 14 June"

I'll truly celebrate when the game is actually in the home and inspected to be in solid condition from visiting 3 of the 4 corners of the U.S. over 1 month and 10 days of travel.

#57 5 years ago

Now back in Atlanta : ).

14_June_17_July_Atlanta (resized).jpg14_June_17_July_Atlanta (resized).jpg

At least the scheduled delivery date hasn't changed. Normally, it would have by now.

#58 5 years ago

Got the call from the driver. It will be here tomorrow at 0900.

Hopefully, in one piece.

#64 5 years ago

Well, it finally happened. This morning at about 0856, the truck showed up:

20180716_090039 (resized).jpg20180716_090039 (resized).jpg

I almost didn't know what to do. Holy shit - it finally made it! Is the game in one piece? Where all has it traveled? Is it all scuffed up? What if they still expect me to pay shipping? Aggghh D:...!

So I walked on outside, and lo and behold...there it is!

20180716_090201 (resized).jpg20180716_090201 (resized).jpg

Good to see the cellophane had done its job and kept the game safe.

More pictures!

20180716_090516 (resized).jpg20180716_090516 (resized).jpg20180716_090529 (resized).jpg20180716_090529 (resized).jpg20180716_090541 (resized).jpg20180716_090541 (resized).jpg

I'm sure by now you can guess what game it is ... ; ). After about 20 minutes of small talk/getting to know each other chat, the game was finally brought into the house, and without me requesting it, the game was unpacked and inspected for damage:

20180716_092804 (resized).jpg20180716_092804 (resized).jpg20180716_092853 (resized).jpg20180716_092853 (resized).jpg20180716_093023 (resized).jpg20180716_093023 (resized).jpg20180716_092842 (resized).jpg20180716_092842 (resized).jpg

Everything looks solid. There were a couple oddities here and there. One of the ramp screws had backed itself nearly out of the PF entirely...

20180716_092828 (resized).jpg20180716_092828 (resized).jpg

Glove has a nasty lil "stammer" when going forward...

Some translite damage I didn't catch in the photos when the game was put up for sale:

20180716_210101 (resized).jpg20180716_210101 (resized).jpg20180716_210104 (resized).jpg20180716_210104 (resized).jpg

Some switches need to be adjusted (too sensitive), flashers had to be changed as bulb was burned out (Crazy Bob), some flashers were left unhooked (left slingshot), back left leg bracket is stripped (thankfully I have extras on hand) - that's what I see so far.

Honestly, I'm just glad the game is finally here.

Now, for those of you shipping a game - you could be me next time. The driver told me this game passed through SEVEN distribution centers to get to me. It visited AZ, NJ, and South Florida - it was one state from seeing all 4 corners of the lower 48 states. People I know ordered an Alien SE from Australia and got their game faster than me. That being said, you do business with Specialized Transportation Inc., you've been warned.

Michelle Bianchi was amazing. She got the entire shipment comped so I paid nothing - for the game being delivered to me 32 days after the latest original due date of no later than 14 June. She was wonderful, and I 100% endorse her.

As for me, I will drive for a machine from now on. Shipping game days are now effectively over. At least I got my Johnny, and hopefully, I'll be smart enough to hang onto it this time...! Now, time to play musical pinball machines....

20180716_210519 (resized).jpg20180716_210519 (resized).jpg

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Npo
    I have been watching this thread and feeling your pain. But seeing that you got another Johnny is just priceless.
    Play the heck out of it and order a pizza lol.
    Happy it finally worked out and damn your collection is sick nowadays

Hehehehe, thanks man. I love JM. I always let it go kicking myself each time. This one is it. I'm tired of wasting money letting one after another go. And thank you for the kind words regarding my collection. It has taken some time; we are finally getting there! If Scared Stiff was a ridiculous $8000 price, I'd get it too. Just not enough game for that price.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Whoa whoa all this for a crappy JM?!?

You shut your filthy mouth D:< !!!!!!

#73 5 years ago

Man, glad to hear it all worked out for you. No doubt, this experience ended my shipping days. I will get in my vehicle and drive to Washington before I do this again - just was not worth the stress. I'd rather make it a road trip with my fiancee and have a last seeing the country than twiddling my thumbs wondering if my machine will be A-ok.

Dunno what's going on lately, but man, STI needs to tighten up a bit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-were-me?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.