Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180716_210519 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210101 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210104 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092828 (resized).jpg
    20180716_093023 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092853 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092842 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092804 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090529 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090541 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090516 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090201 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090039 (resized).jpg
    14_June_17_July_Atlanta (resized).jpg
    Location_14_July (resized).jpg
    valium (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 5 years ago

I'm in the same boat. Called for pickup June 25th in PA going to IN. Machine was picked up on 7/6 and went to NJ before turning around and making it to Columbus, OH where it has sat since July 11th. Called Michelle today to see what was going on. She sent an email saying she was checking on it. It is a AFMrLE, so I hope they have not damaged it. I have had many games shipped through Michelle before with no problem.

In my opinion, the economy is TOO good. It's not just shipping, it's everything. Just got back from going on a Royal Caribbean cruise and Disney World. Overall, the cruise service was very good, but they have an advantage - they use labor from very poor countries and those folks are happy to have a home on the ship, food, and make some decent money without having to be a citizen. Disney is a different story. They have raised rates 30% in 3 years and even charge for parking in addition to the $500 per night room charge. The park was absolutely packed to the point of being unbearable and the service was not good as you could tell the people working there did not want to be there. The Disney app did not work either making it nearly impossible to get on rides without a 2 hour wait. Everyone is struggling to get good employees and technology is getting out of control and is actually making tasks harder to accomplish. I think we are going to see some very fast inflation followed by some serious deflation in homes, high priced toys, etc. Things are out of control and we can only blame ourselves for doubling the national debt in 8 years and having artificially low rates and government interference for way too long. I have seen this cycle 2 times so far, 1980 and 2006. I think 2019 is a replay of 2008 except on a much bigger scale. Might be time to wait it out and have cash ready to buy the deals

#71 5 years ago

Well,

It has been a month now since I asked for my machine to be picked up. After a week it was picked up. It has been "en-route" for 3 weeks traveling 375 miles. I called Michelle Friday and never heard back. Instead a local CRST rep called me and said Monday it would be around noon. I called Monday at 4:30 and they said Tuesday at noon. Today is Tuesday and the machine is now West of me (came from the East.)

The original delivery date was supposed to be the 11th. When I did not receive it by the 13th I asked for it to be delivered to my business as I was away from home and had a box truck available at the business while I was gone. Today when I talked to the local rep I asked it to be delivered to my home (which was the original agreement) and is less than 2 miles from my business. The rep told me she would have to get permission for the machine to be delivered to the address I originally paid to have it delivered to.

I'm just hoping that this $8k machine is not damaged. It will be my last used machine that I have shipped. Not worth the problems.

#72 5 years ago

AFMr came today and appears to be undamaged. Had a good talk with the driver. He is an owner operator contracted by STI. Been doing it for 36 years. Good guy to talk with.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-were-me?tu=glasairpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.