Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180716_210519 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210101 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210104 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092828 (resized).jpg
    20180716_093023 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092853 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092842 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092804 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090529 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090541 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090516 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090201 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090039 (resized).jpg
    14_June_17_July_Atlanta (resized).jpg
    Location_14_July (resized).jpg
    valium (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

I will say this. All that moving it around. Makes it more susceptible to both damage from just the bumps and jostles of the road. But, also the loading and unloading of not only your product but other peoples. So. In my belief you want the shipping company to have for the least amount of time possible. I would tell them. Sorry, you're taking money off the delivery due to the wasted hours and re-arranging your schedule to fit theirs. Because, most people need even more than 24 hours to let their work know about their plans. So, while they are entitled to pay. I would still try to get 100 dollars off. And yes, in the future I would go with another carrier. What stinks is I am due this week a pinball myself. And I used the same carrier. I used them to get my hardbody. And I got a bit of a scuff on the cab from the journey. Pissed me off... But, The cab of hardbody is not worth the hassle, and I plan on vinyl wrapping it anyway with a sexier design.
    I understand these things happen... But... For them not to work with you and keep you informed after all these mess-ups. That is unacceptable.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dude, file this one under ‘Shit happens,’ and move on.
    Once you get the game, email Michelle and ask her what Beltmann will do to make things right. Do this *after* you get the game, not before.

Yes, I agree with that as well. Get more flies with honey than vinegar. But, after you get it. Let them make it right. If they don't. Then do not give them your business. You are a small fish to them. But, most business know that if they treat you right, you will do business with them again.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Tracking. Thank you for all your posts, everyone. I'll proceed with a level head, receive the machine, and see what Beltmann can do from there.
    After this, there will be no more shipping of machines. I either drive and get it, or I'll wish I lived closer. Paying $3000 for a machine and hoping it does not get damaged in transit for a month does not leave a good taste in my mouth.

I drove to Michigan from Illinois to get my first pinball machine. Game played perfect when I picked it up. But, midwest roads made a lot of issues go crazy... I did eventually get it mostly back to 95-97% functioning. But, then it broke again. That was a long, long drive. And it cost me with gas and food about 200-250 dollars. Plus I had to lug it out of the house and into the truck and then into my house.
    We got lucky and no accident. But, a semi did almost side swipe us. But, we got out of the lane in time as we were paying attention.

All I will say is accidents can happen when you transport yourself. You got to put in the time, and gas costs still. And other misc costs as well. Yes, it sucks to have to pay 400-500 dollars on top of getting your machine. But, the company should have some form of insurance. Beltman your stuff is insured for 1500 right off the bat. Never asked if I could pay a bit more for them to insure it more. Didn't need to, as the pins were less than 1500 that I shipped.

When I went to go to the Midwest Gaming Expo this spring with my brother and father, we got into a car accident. Sure it was icy. But, nothing we haven't driven on before. So that made me reconsider picking up my own pins. I've been in 3 really bad car accidents in the past 6 years. Walked away from them all. 2 of them were not my fault, and the result of other drivers not paying attention, the last I wasn't driving and was caused by a bad patch of ice.
    All I will say is. If I am buying a 6,000 dollar pin and its a long journey. I think I might be more comfortable with getting it shipped.
    You can get insurance on it, and hopefully they will live up to there end of the bargain.
    If its a pin within 150 miles I'll pick it up probably. Unless its a NIB and then I'll pay for delivery, soley because of the risk for an accident.

So I think somethings are worth paying for. For me. 400-500 dollars shipping is worth it. As it frees up my weekend. And I don't have to worry about driving 8 hours. It does take some of the thrill of the hunt or adventure out of it. But, my time is worth money too. And when I stopped and calculated the true costs. I find its really only like 200-300 dollars more expensive than just paying for shipping.
    PS... I don't own a truck... My brother does. So I have to not only pay for gas... But, food and beef jerky and beverages. And then once we are done for the day and done playing the new game. I take him to a nice dinner to reward him for giving up his time too. So after all of that... The costs of shipping are not too bad.

2 weeks later
    #63 5 years ago

I hope you get your game. And that it isn't damaged.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-were-me?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.