Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180716_210519 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210101 (resized).jpg
    20180716_210104 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092828 (resized).jpg
    20180716_093023 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092853 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092842 (resized).jpg
    20180716_092804 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090529 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090541 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090516 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090201 (resized).jpg
    20180716_090039 (resized).jpg
    14_June_17_July_Atlanta (resized).jpg
    Location_14_July (resized).jpg
    valium (resized).jpg
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

BLUF: I had a pinball machine picked up 04 June to be delivered at the absolute latest 15 June, and as of this writing, I do not have it in my possession.

Longer version:

Back in mid May, I purchased a pinball machine here on Pinside from a very trusted seller. Emailed Michelle over at Beltmann, asked for a quote. Got the quote ($492), authorized it, and had the game picked up 04 June in AZ. I live in the Florida Panhandle no more than 20 minutes from Destin, FL - one of the biggest Spring Break hotspots, so I'm not out in a 1-stoplight town.

I am told that it will be in my possession at the absolute latest, 15 June, with a 24 hour notice phone call that they will be here to deliver. 14 June rolls around, and I get no phone call by 1500. I call Beltmann, explain the situation, get the mandatory "We're so sorry, we know this frustrating." company line, and am told the new date will be by 22 June.

21 June arrives, call them again, same thing, now 29 June. The game left Atlanta and is headed to a "agency delivery vehicle in Dallas". So it was 5 hours away, and instead of it being delivered to me, it's going all the way back to Dallas....

27 June rolls around, I'm on active duty orders in New Hampshire and my fiance is waiting for a call. I email both their coinop email and CC Michelle explaining my disappointment with this situation and requesting a location on my machine and when it is expected to arrive. Half an hour later, I call and explain to them that I don't understand what the problem is and would like to know where the machine currently is. I explain to them that if 29 June rolls around, we are looking at 2 weeks late from the absolute last "original date expected", and that this is getting a bit absurd. I ask where the machine is, to find out it is heading back to Atlanta, and then supposed to come to Florida - although it is not in my neck of the woods but rather South Florida. Then I am told the new delivery date is before 06 July.

I inform them "That is absolutely ridiculous. What is going on that I am nearing 1 month to receive my machine?" I am told Michelle is now working it, and that she is lighting people up trying to determine how this has taken so long. We hangup, and I email Michelle asking for a "get well plan/corrective action plan/recovery plan" to this situation by last Friday COB, and I received nothing. I had to call on Friday to find out the machine is supposed to be being dropped off in Atlanta, Saturday, 30 June, to be loaded onto a truck to head this way.

I have made all the phone calls, taken all the initiative, asked all the questions, and get nearly nothing in return.

So, if you were me, what would you do? I think it is insulting and incredibly audacious for them to expect me to pay 500 for a delivery that has taken nearly 2.5 weeks longer than expected. No one at Beltmann has suggested or expressed any kind of "good will"/"thank you for being incredibly patient and understanding"/"We are incredibly sorry, and here's the deal we are willing to cut to make this right". I am not one for freebies/handouts, but damn man, I feel very disrespected if I am told to hand out $500 for this level of service.

What would you do? Has this happened to you in the past? How was it made right?

I want to hear from people who have experience in this or are rational and realistic. No need for any arm-chair tough guys here. I want people with experience who are realistic and can give me guidance on what to do.

After this experience, I'll drive for a machine I want.

#2 5 years ago

You have time and emotions invested in it. Get the game. Call it a day. Put it behind you. Find a different delivery company/method next time.

Through the years I had a game delayed because the trailer was in a snow bank in Montana or something. I had a game delayed because there were 20,000 pairs of shoes in front of it the receiver rejected and they didn't want to unload it. These were prototype test games I was supposed to be testing.

And you know what ? 30 years later, it wasn't worth the worry. Crap happens. Move forward.

I am sorry for you, and hope you get the game soon. Once you are playing I hope the bad part is forgotten soon.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

I hope you get the game in one piece after all this.

#4 5 years ago

Inspect the game carefully and if it is OK enjoy it and try to forget about crappy delivery experience.

#5 5 years ago

Alright, let me say this being in the transportation industry for 20 yrs now. You are dealing with a broker who calls around and gets whoever to get merchandise from point a to point b.
    I have driven through the town where product is wanted only to bring it to a warehouse 250 miles away so that another truck delivers it. It has do to with how it was loaded in back and now have 12 pallets in front of it, can't exactly pull 12 pallets into street so you can have your machine. This is the industry itself and freight sucks, I got away from it for a reason, I only do bulk tanker transport now.
    I will say that in the future find someone local in the paper or phonebook to get your machine. Uship is a pretty good option as well.
    30 days honestly would not surprise me at all for delivery unless it's personalized transport.
    If you get the machine without a scratch on it and it plays...go play the lottery because the longer it's in transit with shipping the more it gets banged around.
    Hope all goes well.
    -Mike

#6 5 years ago

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with STI. I have shipped quite a few games via beltmann and haven't experienced anything this bad.

Something I have learned is to use your contract number to track the shipment yourself using the link below.

https://extranet.spectransinc.com/BOSShipmentTracking/BOSShipTrack.aspx

Best you can do is be presistent with your communications to Beltmann. Michelle is usually pretty good at sorting out problems.

Best of luck next time if you choose to ship another game.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You have time and emotions invested in it. Get the game. Call it a day. Put it behind you. Find a different delivery company/method next time.
    Through the years I had a game delayed because the trailer was in a snow bank in Montana or something. I had a game delayed because there were 20,000 pairs of shoes in front of it the receiver rejected and they didn't want to unload it. These were prototype test games I was supposed to be testing.
    And you know what ? 30 years later, it wasn't worth the worry. Crap happens. Move forward.
    I am sorry for you, and hope you get the game soon. Once you are playing I hope the bad part is forgotten soon.
    LTG : )

This. I am nearly 40 with a "crap happens" mindset. Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't. It's not worth all the extra energy to worry about "what will I do". Just get it, find someone else to ship your stuff next time, write up a review online so everyone can read it, and move on.

#8 5 years ago

Unfortunately, shit happens. Pay the $492 and move on.

In the freight business, it is doubtful you are going to receive and apology or a discount. You are not being intentionally disrespected, it's just the manner in which that industry functions.

#9 5 years ago

I’ve only had a problem once with damage to a pin it was from oversees. Fortunately I’ve never have had an issue on receiving on time.
    In the future you should by insurance to guarantee the date it’s suppose to be delivered.
    I use Sonya with InXpress, she’s great to work with and always gets my pins to me on time and no damage, guaranteed.
    I think the least they should do is credit you for a refund of at least 1/2 off.
    Things happen, but the customer shouldn’t be penalized for poor service.

#10 5 years ago

I will say this. All that moving it around. Makes it more susceptible to both damage from just the bumps and jostles of the road. But, also the loading and unloading of not only your product but other peoples. So. In my belief you want the shipping company to have for the least amount of time possible. I would tell them. Sorry, you're taking money off the delivery due to the wasted hours and re-arranging your schedule to fit theirs. Because, most people need even more than 24 hours to let their work know about their plans. So, while they are entitled to pay. I would still try to get 100 dollars off. And yes, in the future I would go with another carrier. What stinks is I am due this week a pinball myself. And I used the same carrier. I used them to get my hardbody. And I got a bit of a scuff on the cab from the journey. Pissed me off... But, The cab of hardbody is not worth the hassle, and I plan on vinyl wrapping it anyway with a sexier design.
    I understand these things happen... But... For them not to work with you and keep you informed after all these mess-ups. That is unacceptable.

#11 5 years ago

Dude, file this one under ‘Shit happens,’ and move on.

Once you get the game, email Michelle and ask her what Beltmann will do to make things right. Do this *after* you get the game, not before.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Once you get the game, email Michelle and ask her what Beltmann will do to make things right. Do this *after* you get the game, not before.

Yes, I agree with that as well. Get more flies with honey than vinegar. But, after you get it. Let them make it right. If they don't. Then do not give them your business. You are a small fish to them. But, most business know that if they treat you right, you will do business with them again.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This. I am nearly 40 with a "crap happens" mindset. Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't. It's not worth all the extra energy to worry about "what will I do". Just get it, find someone else to ship your stuff next time, write up a review online so everyone can read it, and move on.

The dude abides.

#14 5 years ago

You summed up my experience in the last sentence of your post. In my case, my pin came super quick (from Fla to MN in about a week or a little more), but there was damage not discovered at the time of receipt. Jostling damage had broken the large flipper fidelity sub from its attachment, which in turn knocked other stuff loose. And cold weather (supposedly?) caused cracking in the powder coat that wasn’t visible til unpacked. No way to claim any of this damage from shipper because it wasn’t visible right away.

I just won’t trust anyone to haul my pins from now on but me.... or maybe a close friend.

#15 5 years ago

Tracking. Thank you for all your posts, everyone. I'll proceed with a level head, receive the machine, and see what Beltmann can do from there.

After this, there will be no more shipping of machines. I either drive and get it, or I'll wish I lived closer. Paying $3000 for a machine and hoping it does not get damaged in transit for a month does not leave a good taste in my mouth.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with STI. I have shipped quite a few games via beltmann and haven't experienced anything this bad.
    Something I have learned is to use your contract number to track the shipment yourself using the link below.
    https://extranet.spectransinc.com/BOSShipmentTracking/BOSShipTrack.aspx
    Best you can do is be presistent with your communications to Beltmann. Michelle is usually pretty good at sorting out problems.
    Best of luck next time if you choose to ship another game.

Thank you for that link. $500 shipping, and they didn't even give me that link. Would have saved me many times having to excuse myself from my office to get on my cell to find out what that link could have told me on the screen (due to classified nature of the environment on base, we are not allowed to have our cell phones on our person during the work day).

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Tracking. Thank you for all your posts, everyone. I'll proceed with a level head, receive the machine, and see what Beltmann can do from there.
    After this, there will be no more shipping of machines. I either drive and get it, or I'll wish I lived closer. Paying $3000 for a machine and hoping it does not get damaged in transit for a month does not leave a good taste in my mouth.

I drove to Michigan from Illinois to get my first pinball machine. Game played perfect when I picked it up. But, midwest roads made a lot of issues go crazy... I did eventually get it mostly back to 95-97% functioning. But, then it broke again. That was a long, long drive. And it cost me with gas and food about 200-250 dollars. Plus I had to lug it out of the house and into the truck and then into my house.
    We got lucky and no accident. But, a semi did almost side swipe us. But, we got out of the lane in time as we were paying attention.

All I will say is accidents can happen when you transport yourself. You got to put in the time, and gas costs still. And other misc costs as well. Yes, it sucks to have to pay 400-500 dollars on top of getting your machine. But, the company should have some form of insurance. Beltman your stuff is insured for 1500 right off the bat. Never asked if I could pay a bit more for them to insure it more. Didn't need to, as the pins were less than 1500 that I shipped.

When I went to go to the Midwest Gaming Expo this spring with my brother and father, we got into a car accident. Sure it was icy. But, nothing we haven't driven on before. So that made me reconsider picking up my own pins. I've been in 3 really bad car accidents in the past 6 years. Walked away from them all. 2 of them were not my fault, and the result of other drivers not paying attention, the last I wasn't driving and was caused by a bad patch of ice.
    All I will say is. If I am buying a 6,000 dollar pin and its a long journey. I think I might be more comfortable with getting it shipped.
    You can get insurance on it, and hopefully they will live up to there end of the bargain.
    If its a pin within 150 miles I'll pick it up probably. Unless its a NIB and then I'll pay for delivery, soley because of the risk for an accident.

So I think somethings are worth paying for. For me. 400-500 dollars shipping is worth it. As it frees up my weekend. And I don't have to worry about driving 8 hours. It does take some of the thrill of the hunt or adventure out of it. But, my time is worth money too. And when I stopped and calculated the true costs. I find its really only like 200-300 dollars more expensive than just paying for shipping.
    PS... I don't own a truck... My brother does. So I have to not only pay for gas... But, food and beef jerky and beverages. And then once we are done for the day and done playing the new game. I take him to a nice dinner to reward him for giving up his time too. So after all of that... The costs of shipping are not too bad.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

So, if you were me, what would you do?

Exactly the same thing I'm going to do with the Italian restaurant that couldn't get my red onion, garlic, pepperoni, and mushroom pizza right.

NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!

Unless of course I get hungry for one again.

Or in your case-

NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!

#19 5 years ago

Can you call your friends from work?

15A63D5F-429B-4481-83C8-E13CEE52B516 (resized).jpeg15A63D5F-429B-4481-83C8-E13CEE52B516 (resized).jpeg
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Unfortunately, shit happens. Pay the $492 and move on.
    In the freight business, it is doubtful you are going to receive and apology or a discount. You are not being intentionally disrespected, it's just the manner in which that industry functions.

1 week delay I get. Nearly 3 weeks? I'm definitely getting a discount. I paid for a service and they promised a time. They didn't meet their end of the deal, they should pay for it.

#21 5 years ago

I have had one game shipped with Sti. It said it would take two weeks. It took two months. Seems like a common occurrence to me. I won’t be shipping any more.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I have had one game shipped with Sti. It said it would take two weeks. It took two months. Seems like a common occurrence to me. I won’t be shipping any more.

Holy fuck...

What was the condition of the game when it finally arrived?

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

1 week delay I get. Nearly 3 weeks? I'm definitely getting a discount. I paid for a service and they promised a time. They didn't meet their end of the deal, they should pay for it.

You are not being unreasonable, but that isn't going to happen.
    And they don't care about your Google/Yelp review and whether you report them to the BBB (complete waste of time).

As long as the game arrives in good condition, move on and never use their service again.

#24 5 years ago

I’m with Mudflaps on this one. Delays happen. Ask for anything after it arrives.

More importantly, what game?

#25 5 years ago

I would request a full refund. I am amazed that so many say to just enjoy the game when it finally arrives and walk it off.

You had a contract for service and the service did not meet the contract. Calmly explain that you expect a full refund for the breech.
    If they are assholes (I doubt they will since NAVl gets tons of business through pinheads and Michelle in partidular gets a bunch of commission) then call the BBB and file a chargeback on your credit card as soon as the game is finally delivered (I hope you paid via cc).

Reality is that walking it off does them no good and just allows them to screw over other customers with the same BS excuses. If they quote 2 weeks I expect 2 weeks. Sure, some wiggle room for delay but 2x the time is absurd and just means more wear and tear on your machine.

Inspect very well, document with photos, and get signatures for damage at the final destination. Refuse shipment if any damage and walk away.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Holy fuck...
    What was the condition of the game when it finally arrived?

It was as described. But they were ridiculous. I get that I live in a rural area but I am directly off of I 75 in between Lexington and Knoxville. That’s a lame excuse and I don’t really care what was on the truck in front of it. When I get paid to do a job I just do it. Don’t quote a date if you can’t meet it. I didn’t charge back. I just “enjoyed the game”. I’d do what Whysnow suggested if I had the same issue arise again. But it won’t evwr happen again because I won’t be shipping lol

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

file a chargeback on your credit card as soon as the game is finally delivered (I hope you paid via cc).

I’ve used STI several times, and every time I had to give the delivery person a cashiers check for the delivery payment.

#28 5 years ago

I had 2 machines shipped 26th June from PA
    and both games were at my door June 29

Fed Ex Freight

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would request a full refund. I am amazed that so many say to just enjoy the game when it finally arrives and walk it off.
    You had a contract for service and the service did not meet the contract. Calmly explain that you expect a full refund for the breech.
    If they are assholes (I doubt they will since NAVl gets tons of business through pinheads and Michelle in partidular gets a bunch of commission) then call the BBB and file a chargeback on your credit card as soon as the game is finally delivered (I hope you paid via cc).
    Reality is that walking it off does them no good and just allows them to screw over other customers with the same BS excuses. If they quote 2 weeks I expect 2 weeks. Sure, some wiggle room for delay but 2x the time is absurd and just means more wear and tear on your machine.
    Inspect very well, document with photos, and get signatures for damage at the final destination. Refuse shipment if any damage and walk away.

Read your contract for service. Most of these companies have provisions which protect them in the event of a delay.

#30 5 years ago

Delays happen unfortunately. I wouldn't be too worried about it as long as the game shows up in the same condition as it was when originally loaded. Having it loaded and unloaded so many times greatly increases your risk of damage though so unwrap it and inspect it thoroughly before you let the delivery guy leave. Let Michelle know your complaint and just don't use them again.

What most people do not understand is that you have a contract with beltman or STI but they then subcontract the delivery out to other companies based on the area you are in. In some cases it can involve several different shipping companies handling your game. Many of the workers are doing hard crappy jobs and they simply do not care about the condition your game arrives in. Especially if they are not the finally delivery point. Some of the workers are great but it's a total crap shoot.

I had my last game delivered through Fastenal and recently shipped on through them. They were much better then STI/Beltman but you have to take the game to the store and prep it yourself and you have to pick it up at the store if it's being delivered. They were $185 and per shipment and both games arrived exactly as packed.

#31 5 years ago

got a similar story with a new car (available on stock, on another place in the country that the office where i was buying)
    was ready to send evbd+the car f*ck off (already did it 1 time before), as contract was not honored with the legal date time delivery, as even better nothing was paid from my side, even not a 15% account (i'm in Belgium)

than my wife and my son said :

Quoted from LTG:

You have time and emotions invested in it. Get the game. Call it a day. Put it behind you...

and than :

Quoted from Mudflaps:

once i get the car, no matter the very good conditions i already got for it, i ask if something can be done more, for the wait...
    and than yes, i'll get something more, and now i'm happy to have done it as it

... good luck to do it right for you

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

I had 2 machines shipped 26th June from PA
    and both games were at my door June 29
    Fed Ex Freight

I imagine you paid dearly for that...

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I imagine you paid dearly for that...

Granted NIb but included in price of pins

I could not believe it actually, previous shipments have taken 10 days or more .

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

I drove to Michigan from Illinois to get my first pinball machine. Game played perfect when I picked it up. But, midwest roads made a lot of issues go crazy... I did eventually get it mostly back to 95-97% functioning. But, then it broke again. That was a long, long drive. And it cost me with gas and food about 200-250 dollars. Plus I had to lug it out of the house and into the truck and then into my house.
    We got lucky and no accident. But, a semi did almost side swipe us. But, we got out of the lane in time as we were paying attention.
    All I will say is accidents can happen when you transport yourself. You got to put in the time, and gas costs still. And other misc costs as well. Yes, it sucks to have to pay 400-500 dollars on top of getting your machine. But, the company should have some form of insurance. Beltman your stuff is insured for 1500 right off the bat. Never asked if I could pay a bit more for them to insure it more. Didn't need to, as the pins were less than 1500 that I shipped.
    When I went to go to the Midwest Gaming Expo this spring with my brother and father, we got into a car accident. Sure it was icy. But, nothing we haven't driven on before. So that made me reconsider picking up my own pins. I've been in 3 really bad car accidents in the past 6 years. Walked away from them all. 2 of them were not my fault, and the result of other drivers not paying attention, the last I wasn't driving and was caused by a bad patch of ice.
    All I will say is. If I am buying a 6,000 dollar pin and its a long journey. I think I might be more comfortable with getting it shipped.
    You can get insurance on it, and hopefully they will live up to there end of the bargain.
    If its a pin within 150 miles I'll pick it up probably. Unless its a NIB and then I'll pay for delivery, soley because of the risk for an accident.
    So I think somethings are worth paying for. For me. 400-500 dollars shipping is worth it. As it frees up my weekend. And I don't have to worry about driving 8 hours. It does take some of the thrill of the hunt or adventure out of it. But, my time is worth money too. And when I stopped and calculated the true costs. I find its really only like 200-300 dollars more expensive than just paying for shipping.
    PS... I don't own a truck... My brother does. So I have to not only pay for gas... But, food and beef jerky and beverages. And then once we are done for the day and done playing the new game. I take him to a nice dinner to reward him for giving up his time too. So after all of that... The costs of shipping are not too bad.

I have driven from Detroit to Springfield MA, Atlantic City, York PA, Shamokin, PA, Temecula and San Diego to pick up machines. All individual trips. I don't even count the 400 mile round trips to Ohio or within Michigan which there have been several.

#35 5 years ago

Quick update. I heard from both Michelle and the shipping company. First call I've gotten from the shipping company, and they informed me the plan is to deliver the game on Monday.

Michelle pinged corporate and got the price reduced to $310, which is much appreciated. Hopefully the game is in sound shape. We will find out on Monday....!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

BLUF: I had a pinball machine picked up 04 June to be delivered at the absolute latest 15 June, and as of this writing, I do not have it in my possession.
    Longer version:
    Back in mid May, I purchased a pinball machine here on Pinside from a very trusted seller. Emailed Michelle over at Beltmann, asked for a quote. Got the quote ($492), authorized it, and had the game picked up 04 June in AZ. I live in the Florida Panhandle no more than 20 minutes from Destin, FL - one of the biggest Spring Break hotspots, so I'm not out in a 1-stoplight town.
    I am told that it will be in my possession at the absolute latest, 15 June, with a 24 hour notice phone call that they will be here to deliver. 14 June rolls around, and I get no phone call by 1500. I call Beltmann, explain the situation, get the mandatory "We're so sorry, we know this frustrating." company line, and am told the new date will be by 22 June.
    21 June arrives, call them again, same thing, now 29 June. The game left Atlanta and is headed to a "agency delivery vehicle in Dallas". So it was 5 hours away, and instead of it being delivered to me, it's going all the way back to Dallas....
    27 June rolls around, I'm on active duty orders in New Hampshire and my fiance is waiting for a call. I email both their coinop email and CC Michelle explaining my disappointment with this situation and requesting a location on my machine and when it is expected to arrive. Half an hour later, I call and explain to them that I don't understand what the problem is and would like to know where the machine currently is. I explain to them that if 29 June rolls around, we are looking at 2 weeks late from the absolute last "original date expected", and that this is getting a bit absurd. I ask where the machine is, to find out it is heading back to Atlanta, and then supposed to come to Florida - although it is not in my neck of the woods but rather South Florida. Then I am told the new delivery date is before 06 July.
    I inform them "That is absolutely ridiculous. What is going on that I am nearing 1 month to receive my machine?" I am told Michelle is now working it, and that she is lighting people up trying to determine how this has taken so long. We hangup, and I email Michelle asking for a "get well plan/corrective action plan/recovery plan" to this situation by last Friday COB, and I received nothing. I had to call on Friday to find out the machine is supposed to be being dropped off in Atlanta, Saturday, 30 June, to be loaded onto a truck to head this way.
    I have made all the phone calls, taken all the initiative, asked all the questions, and get nearly nothing in return.
    So, if you were me, what would you do? I think it is insulting and incredibly audacious for them to expect me to pay 500 for a delivery that has taken nearly 2.5 weeks longer than expected. No one at Beltmann has suggested or expressed any kind of "good will"/"thank you for being incredibly patient and understanding"/"We are incredibly sorry, and here's the deal we are willing to cut to make this right". I am not one for freebies/handouts, but damn man, I feel very disrespected if I am told to hand out $500 for this level of service.
    What would you do? Has this happened to you in the past? How was it made right?
    I want to hear from people who have experience in this or are rational and realistic. No need for any arm-chair tough guys here. I want people with experience who are realistic and can give me guidance on what to do.
    After this experience, I'll drive for a machine I want.

Been there, done that. The really rare pins I drive to, others I roll the shipping dice. I got a NIB Tron LE back in 2011, in the truck it was smashed to pieces. Even the driver looked nervous trying to deliver it and it took me another 3 months to get a replacement from Stern.

I've had plenty of pins delayed. If they were on time THEN I'd be nervous.

Thank you for your service also!!

#37 5 years ago

I'm with "mrbally".

I have driven from NC to Atlanta, Ohio, Long Island, New Jersey, Green Bay, Chicago, West Virginia and several other places to pick up games. I would rather pay for a couple tanks of gas and have a ride than depend on shippers busting up my stuff or taking weeks to deliver. I can talk to the sellers and put my hands on the machine. PLUS, nothing like a good road trip with a new (to me) machine in the back.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I'm with "mrbally".
    I have driven from NC to Atlanta, Ohio, Long Island, New Jersey, Green Bay, Chicago, West Virginia and several other places to pick up games. I would rather pay for a couple tanks of gas and have a ride than depend on shippers busting up my stuff or taking weeks to deliver. I can talk to the sellers and put my hands on the machine. PLUS, nothing like a good road trip with a new (to me) machine in the back.

I am no stranger to driving for a machine. I left for my TAF at 08:00am one day, and did not return home until 05:30am the next day.

This was a drive to Arizona, and I'm in Florida. Before this experience, I would ship. Now, I'll just wait for the game to show up closer.

Delivery truck broke down. New date is Wednesday. After a 1 month past due delivery date, what is 2 more days in the grand scheme of things?

#39 5 years ago

NPO, you drove to Arizona from Florida in a day and a half? Are you Burt Reynolds ?

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

NPO, you drove to Arizona from Florida in a day and a half? Are you Burt Reynolds ?

My bad.... The current shipment was from AZ to FL.

TAF took so long because the seller took 4 hours longer than he said. We were to meet at 1600, and he didn't show up until sometime between 1900-2000. That was from West Ohio to nearly New Jersey. Longest drive I think in terms of miles was from here (Destin) to Shreveport, LA. 8 hours nearly each way.

When I was in Dayton, I went to Chicago, nearly New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Detroit, Indianapolis, and Nashville. To go from FL to AZ was just too much for me - at the time. If I had known it was going to be from 25 May until 11 July, I prolly would have actually made the drive.

It is what it is at this point : ). As long as the game is in sound condition, I'll chaulk it up and move on - and never ship again.

#41 5 years ago

Now, 12 July.

#42 5 years ago

Where is it ?

Anything after that it should be comped.

#43 5 years ago

Shipping has always been the bane of arcade/pinball collecting. When you think about it, the exposure is so great it's a wonder that the items come through intact at all. Shipping coin-op equipment is also expensive, relatively speaking. I've shipped vehicles from as far as FL to CT for about the same price I'd pay for a pin. Risks are always present, but with luck, good preparation and communication you should be OK.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Where is it ?
    Anything after that it should be comped.

Somewhere between Eglin AFB and Atlanta, for at least the second time.

#45 5 years ago

Now 16 July.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Now 16 July.

WTF

#47 5 years ago

A few years back my HUO EM Joker Poker I got from Mr68 went all over the place and then stalled in Colorado for about a month it seemed. It didn't even need to go there as it had already been in Utah which is homestretch to here.

No explanation except in Co. them seem to get a little sidetracked these days.

#48 5 years ago

At this point I’d be considering driving to wherever it is and get it. I’d be going out of my mind. But I’m a nutcase so....

#49 5 years ago

So at one point the truck broke down. Now they are saying the new truck had no room for my machine.

Michelle is irate and said she would try to get it shipped on another truck.

Quoted from Phat_Jay:

At this point I’d be considering driving to wherever it is and get it. I’d be going out of my mind. But I’m a nutcase so....

I actually did offer to make the drive to Atlanta with power tools in hand and pick the machine up. I was informed that is not how it worked. I told them "At this point, it might be how it has to work... "

That's three new delays in 4 days.

#50 5 years ago

So after at least 7 different delays, Michelle got my shipping completely comped. I will pay $0 for shipping since now it will have been over a month since the last expected day of delivery (14 June). It is due to arrive (hopefully 100% in tact) 16 July.

I am 100% appreciative of Michelle's help and efforts. She has been amazing.

CRST on the other hand.....

Comped (resized).jpgComped (resized).jpg

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-were-me?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.