(Topic ID: 295500)

if you were given a chance to redesign a game what game?

By Bmad21

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Stebel
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DFCA11CC-81B4-4842-8B7C-C051B03AEC3E (resized).jpeg
    B8344B16-3E01-4B64-B7F6-89704731CCA1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmad21.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Gottlieb "Spirit"

What to keep:
    Art and sound Package.

What to add:
    Distorted sound and a character playing the titular thing.

What to change:
    Light Package needs overhaul.

I would take the middle lanes on the lower playfeild and terminate it with a vertical upkickers to put it back on the playfeild.

Share your thoughts and ideas for other tables.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Punchy The Clown - LTG edition

Man you don't want that in your room.

Your half asleep and you see that.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

Add a feature to all games where cradling the ball(s) during multiball would drain your points.
    Gilligans Island and Hurricane could use make overs.

Ginger does not look like Ginger. Bally needed a better art package on that.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

It was a big miss, not doing a psychedelic version of Beatles for us younger old people. Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sargent Pepper…

Believe it or not Mr. Kite and Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds were not about drugs.

Mr. Kite was just a playbill
    And Lucy was based on Lennon kids drawings.

None were about drugs its a popular myth that needs to die.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Roller Coaster Tycoon.
    It just begs to be redone with that unique layout, but horrible code and lackluster theme. I'd lose everything but the layout and make it a Tron 1982 theme. The roller coasters would turn into light cycle tracks, they are already red, yellow and blue. The drop targets up the middle could be incorporated for the MCP. Scrambled eggs would now be Dumont on his spinning platform. Troll could be turned into Sark. I'd get rid of the DMD and put an LCD in it with movie clips and custom animation. I wish I had the time and ability to do something like this.

That troll makes no sense at all.

#66 2 years ago

TX - Sector blackglass needs a face-lift.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinslot:

I really like what people are doing with EE rulesets, eg Stars, F2K and Meteor. It‘s like getting two pins for the price of one.
    Many of These games just need minor code tweaks. For example:
    Kiss: center rollover awarding Kiss row should work only when you shoot the ball, as a skill shot. Spinner should award 1000 per spin for one shot and then have to be relit by center really t

I really like what people are doing with EE rulesets, eg Stars, F2K and Meteor. It‘s like getting two pins for the price of one.
    Many of These games just need minor code tweaks. For example:
    Kiss: center rollover awarding Kiss row should work only when you shoot the ball, as a skill shot. Spinner should award 1000 per spin for one shot and then have to be relit by center really rollover.

Bally "Kiss" is really not a game. Just spell "Kiss" and vola.

Not much really going on.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Cue Ball Wizard. Totally redesign the backglass art, the video modes, the skill shot, and add an auto ball launcher for the multiballs. Otherwise that game has a lot going for it.

You will not speak ill of John Norris on this thread

Him. Tanzer, Trudeau, Python (python had the biggest splash) Sullivan and Ritchie are in their own club of designers along with Gottlieb system one designers.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I really enjoyed my CBW, but it gets really annoying to have to point out to new players that the ball is just sitting there in the shooter lane during multiball. My list was a few points to take a good game and make it great.

I see.

1 month later
    #86 2 years ago

#Hot Tip

The captive ball could be axed and a vari targets placed in its place instead.

Or

Allow for a ball return gate on the right and add a vari target.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmad21.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-were-given-a-chance-to-redesign-a-game-what-game?tu=bmad21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.