(Topic ID: 285178)

If you were buying your first pin, budget $4500, what would it be?

By KCPinhead

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by KCPinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46C67001-43E0-45C9-9EC8-5C7517F111CB (resized).jpeg
    33E687EA-238E-42CA-B833-221FE7515004 (resized).jpeg
    7F7E6C54-1624-4EC2-B75C-9CCFE7973389 (resized).jpeg
    97C35468-32CC-4BC3-BE5C-B6D7C6F05D85 (resized).jpeg
    545f21e608f59edf1f7dfba7568f3ddd79f160f6.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago

Here is what I would do: 2 options

1. raise your budget a hair and go JP or DP pro or maybe try to swing ST or MET pro at your $4500 budget.
    2. There is a whirlwind for sale right now for $2600 and then get a high speed for around $2000 and you have 2 pins for around $4600

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Don’t forget Avatar or Ripley’s lots of Stern pins to choose from.
    I still own my Stern Potc it looks and plays like new although it’s going on 15 years old. Great family friendly pin.
    [quoted image]

agree Stern POTC is a super fun family game and I bought mine for $3600 a year ago. Fixed it up some and sold it for $4500.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from KCPinhead:

There's a 1993 Data East Jurassic Park nearby I've been eyeballing for $3800. Are the newer ones wildly better than this one or no?

it is fun, but the newer ones are very good compared.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Johnny Mneumonic.

and can be got for $2800. he could still snag a high speed or police force to go with it.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

It’s getting harder to find them for 3k in decent shape. It’s a great game but the average non beat ones seem to be closer to 3500 these days.

Decent one in market for 2600 right now

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

A nice Getaway HSII can be found for this price or less. It is a great game with good shot flow, simple rules, the mesmerizing supercharger, and who doesn't like a high speed chase?

and great starter pin. I know many guys who started their pinball hobby out with a Getaway

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from KCPinhead:

You guys are certainly keeping my google fingers nimble with all of the acronyms. Ha!
    I like the idea of two solid "classic" games. I haven't seen it mentioned, but can anyone give me feedback on RFM (Revenge From Mars. I see it going very reasonably and I know the first one is epic. I am also intrigued by the 3D aspect, but it may be a bit of a novelty? I don't believe I would house this one as a solo, but maybe as a secondary pin.

RFM blows in my opinion. Way better games for the same money

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-were-buying-your-first-pin-budget-4500-what-would-it-be-?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.