(Topic ID: 285178)

If you were buying your first pin, budget $4500, what would it be?

By KCPinhead

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by KCPinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46C67001-43E0-45C9-9EC8-5C7517F111CB (resized).jpeg
    33E687EA-238E-42CA-B833-221FE7515004 (resized).jpeg
    7F7E6C54-1624-4EC2-B75C-9CCFE7973389 (resized).jpeg
    97C35468-32CC-4BC3-BE5C-B6D7C6F05D85 (resized).jpeg
    545f21e608f59edf1f7dfba7568f3ddd79f160f6.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 3 years ago

Most gently used Stern pros can be found for $5k, if you can up your budget a tad. Many should be possible at $4500, especially if you are open to ones that were routed or have a few more miles on them. Star Trek pro has been mentioned multiple times here, and I can't argue with that. That said, I would try to play as many games as you can (more difficult due to current events), or at minimum watch a bunch of streams and see what type of games appeal to you. If you can narrow it down to a few titles that interest you, you can watch for them specifically and we can help suggest similar games.

There are a lot of good possibilities in your price range. My biggest suggestion is not to rush to buy the first thing you find available. Make sure it's a game you will enjoy, at least for awhile. And if you buy smart, you should have no problem reselling it down the road without losing much (if any).

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from KCPinhead:

There's a 1993 Data East Jurassic Park nearby I've been eyeballing for $3800. Are the newer ones wildly better than this one or no?

DE JP is probably my favorite game in the $3k range (though JD and DM are good contenders...man it wasn't that long ago that this was a $1500 discussion). $3800 is a little steep...it should be very, very nice for that much and should have the topper. Many will argue that B/W is WAY better than DE. Bah. I've had many B/W games come and go, and JP is still here. Yes, there is a quality difference, but it's overblown in my opinion. I can't think of another game, B/W or not, that I'd rather have for $3k. But if you go up much from there, and start getting into newer Stern territory, then yes...many of those outshine DE JP.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-were-buying-your-first-pin-budget-4500-what-would-it-be-?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.