(Topic ID: 115340)

If You Want to Be Awesome at Iron Man...

By beelzeboob

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by boo32
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

...just play the one at the Whiteface Lodge at Whiteface Mountain in Lake Placid, NY. Has anyone else here played that machine?

I've only played IM a few times and failed miserably. It's a hard game. So on a break from skiing, I saw they had one in the lodge and pumped two bucks in to get three games.

Five games later, I had won two free games by matching numbers and four free games by hitting the replay threshold, which was set to between 12 and 13 million (and didn't go up every time I hit it).

I finally got tired of the game and gave my four remaining credits to some kids who were nearby. (I'd been playing for a good half hour already!)

The morals of the story:

1. If you want to feel like a pinball wizard, go skiing at Whiteface.
2. Always give unused credits to a kid. You just might be creating a future pinhead.
3. IM isn't always tough if you just make the robot rise up, then beat the shit out of him repeatedly until you get multiball...then beat the shit out of him again. (Am I missing something with this game, or is it actually that easy?) War Machine kickout still sucks though, no matter where you play it.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Getting 12-13mill a game is pretty easy, Ive been hitting 30mill+ on average lately plus getting to Jericho every game but not completing it. Love this game! I pitched mine very aggressively, ball really zings though the inlanes, don't blink or its gone.

That was my point. I suck and kept getting free games. I think they set it up that way to keep you off the ski lift.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Dead bounce
Dead bounce
Dead bounce
repeat this 100 times..

SDTM
SDTM
SDTM

That's what I was repeating every time I hit War Machine. The pitch must've been off...

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

The only reason you got bored of the game is because you THOUGHT you were awesome at it and decided that the artificially low set free credits made you think you had achieved something you had not. The free credits should have inspired you to see if you could accomplish the bigger goals in the game that mattered.. Do or Die plus Jericho.
If you had all the free credits that was the perfect time to work on your skills and see if you could master IM for a lot cheaper than most get to.

No...you missed my point. I knew it was set too easy. As I said, I'd had problems with it before (most notably at PAPA), so I know it's a hard game. And while the free credits may have inspired me to play more, the $100 lift tickets inspired me to do some skiing and save the pinball for another time.

#20 9 years ago

Yes...it was a tongue-in-cheek title. You didn't really think you were going to get playing advice from a suck-ass player like me, did you?

#23 9 years ago

Well, I got it up to over 30 million when I was playing. I was just saying they set the replay score at between 12 and 13 million. I may suck...but I'm not completely pathetic!

#26 9 years ago

Trust me...I was surprised, too. But if the replay score moved, it wasn't by any noticeable amount and I was able to get multiple free games with limited skill.

Just wondering how the monger difficulty setting effects the game when you set it harder. This was really ridiculously easy. The robot would come up, you bash it until you spell monger, then multiball would start and you bash it until you spell monger again. That's how I got most of my points (along with whiplash multiball). What does the harder setting effect?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-want-to-be-awesome-at-iron-man?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.