(Topic ID: 52833)

If you want new clear Road Show ramps, post here!

By Atomicboy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by BR80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I’ve just spoke with James at Pinball Inc., who makes I believe all repro ramps. The problem with repro’ing RS ramps is the colour, in that RS and the left GNR ramps are the only yellows, and he has to buy so much product to make it feasible, which can’t be done.

James has now advised me that if there is enough interest to make 100, he could do clear. This isn’t an official if we get there he will, but I thought I would start the ball rolling to see if there is the interest in hopes of showing him this can work. He has a mold, but he could not state how long it would take.

If you are seriously interested and would buy a set of clear repros (which of course means thicker and better) Road Show ramps, please advise.

Of note, the original design of the game has most of the lights that illuminate the ramp being trapped by blue plastics. My intention was to use non-socketted small flat LEDs with wire leads to light up the ramps above the plastics, so really you could light them to yellow, or any colour you wanted.

#2 6 years ago

I do not currently own a game but likely will at some point.
Count me in for a set of ramps

#3 6 years ago

Mine are good but I think I am in for a set. James's stuff is top notch! I have an extra left ramp if it would help him at all.
On that whole yellow ramp thing ...... they do look good but I think clear may be better. Seeing the ball better and brightening up a game is very cool.
I just noticed the subway for my ToTan is also yellow. Others I have seen are clear..... odd.

Seems to be a large demand for these ramps though. I have seen many wanted ads for them. If he makes them they will sell I am sure of it.

#4 6 years ago

I'm down for a set.

#5 6 years ago

wow, I thought there would be more interest...

#6 6 years ago

Same here. I was looking again at the game and honestly there is so much around that you're dead on: some yellow LED's lighting it up with the correct decals would like fine and not out of place at all.

#7 6 years ago

I'd prefer original yellow...but I preferred the smoked addams ramp too.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd prefer original yellow...but I preferred the smoked addams ramp too.

Are yours cracked? Would you not prefer non cracked clear or cracked yellow if so? I prefer yellow as well, but that's just not an option that I can find.

1 month later
#9 6 years ago

I definitely need a set. What's the status?

#10 6 years ago

Count me in for a set if they are produced. Thanks.

#11 6 years ago

In for a set.

#12 6 years ago

I would be interested as well, some spares couldn't hurt, and if he produced them, he will sell them, no doubt about this, these are very sought after items !

#13 6 years ago

Ramps look better in clear anyway. Ill buy a set because I want the game.

#14 6 years ago

I'll be in for a set, I'll just use colored LEDs under it

#15 6 years ago

I'd be in for a set.

#16 6 years ago

I'm in! Clear is good

#17 6 years ago

I'm in

#18 6 years ago

Nooooooooowwwww you guys start replying to this... . After I have shopped my RS.

We need to show james there is interest in at least 100 sets before he can make it feasible, as per him

I'm still in, so keep the posting if you are and we can make this happen.

#19 6 years ago

Pinsider SupaDave made a topper for RS last year, and if I recall correctly I think they sold well enough for him to expand his production well past his initial expectations. I know it's not a very scientific theory, but I would think that if a topper produced high demand then a new set of ramps would definitely be well supported. I am biased though because I want a set.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-topper-mod

#20 6 years ago

I bought one of these toppers, it's a great product and Dave is a great person to deal with !

#21 6 years ago

I would rather have original yellow, but would buy clear if they were made.

#22 6 years ago

In

#23 6 years ago

Down for a set here.

#24 6 years ago

You could buy the clear version and paint the backside yellow

#25 6 years ago

Count me in, mine are not great and I am not particularly fussed with the originals.

1 week later
#26 6 years ago

I'd purchase a set or ramps, preferably original yellow, however, clear would be acceptable if that was the only choice.

3 months later
#27 6 years ago

any update?

#28 6 years ago

Bought some ramps two weeks ago from Pinball Inc and asked about possible RS ramps, James replied:

"Not sure what we're going to do with the Road Show. We've got the original Williams tooling to make them, the tinted plastic is a real pain as we have to order 5000 pounds at a time. That's way too much. Not sure how clear would look or be received, that would be easier to do though and we would like to try it at some point."

#29 6 years ago

I actually would prefer clear over the yellow. To be honest I would even take Red (like RFM and SC color) if they insist on doing a color...

Lots of RS in need of new ramps.

#30 6 years ago

Another vote for clear ramps that would be an improvement imo

#31 6 years ago

what does it take to get these done?

#32 6 years ago

I would be in for a clear set

#33 6 years ago

yep, count me in too - restoring a RS here in UK, and find lower ramp is broken

#34 6 years ago

I think we should all start emailing James directly to let him know that there is a desire and that we are all fine with clear.

I actually prefer clear over the old yellow ones.

#35 6 years ago

I'm with you Whysnow: Red would be acceptable to me too if not clear.

#36 6 years ago

I'd be in for clears -dont own the game but will again some day.

1 month later
#37 5 years ago

I am in for a set of clears ramps.

#38 5 years ago

I am in for a set of clears.

#39 5 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing a set of clear ones on a rs

#40 5 years ago

yes please

#41 5 years ago

Bump for clear!

#42 5 years ago

I am in for a set of clears been wating on full restoration until I can get all new parts got plastics need ramps left and right

5 years later
#44 8 months ago

I'd be in for a set.

#45 8 months ago

I'm in.
Always willing to help ... even if I don't need them yet.

#46 8 months ago

Game blows

#47 8 months ago

You realize this thread is 5 years old, right?

#48 8 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Game still blows.

#49 8 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yeah, my fault. Apologies for the necrobump, misread the date.

#50 8 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Game still blows.

Never leaving my collection

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside