(Topic ID: 204623)

If you thought PinStadium lights were good, get a look at our setup.

By TheBEAVR

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Vdrums
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

weird_al_split (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    pinstadiumcult.gif
    tumblr_ohrpkwDEDD1qg7mgao1_500.gif
    reactor9and3quarters.gif
    image (resized).png
    zNYkNMdZBx-12 (resized).png
    thatsthejoke (resized).jpg
    IMG_1847 (resized).PNG
    care-o-meter.gif
    6 (resized).JPG
    DSC_2090 (resized).JPG
    DSC_4862 (resized).JPG
    DSC_5300 (resized).JPG
    939d5dbe9ddb039132d298c79e116f97426a3900.png (resized).jpg
    3E1B3C34-50CD-43B8-BA1D-1C99D4329EAE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I'm assuming that there is some point/joke here that I'm not getting.

He's from Austin. In case you didn't know, Austin is the center of all brilliant thought and indeed the very source of civilization and culture in Texas. Once you move there, you're required to sign an Affidavit of Citizenship, stating that you agree to look down on most of the rest of the world as a bunch of uneducated plebes, and also pledging your undying support for local coffee shops and Taco Deli.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Spamming this product all over the place is uncalled for and unclassy!
    A good product should speak for itself not require constant pimping all over the place. I personally find all the spam annoying and the claims deceptive as they are trying to pretend games that look just fine in a dark room actually need this overpriced gimmick.

Could just block the guy if it bothers you that much.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Welcome to the Republic of Austin. Taco Deli patronage is not required, but if you haven't had street corn or pronounce "Jacinto" without a hard J you will be shunned.

Aw, come on bro. I'm born and raised Dallas. I get my elotes from a cart at a gas station.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pretty unclassy thread about a great product that is made by a great guy. What a Dick move and to all of you guys who up voted his post and think this is funny, I don't even know what to say. I actually do know what to say but I'm not allowed to say it on here. This place is unbelievable I tell ya.
    Most tasteless and rude thread I've maybe ever seen on here. I hope you're proud of yourself. The moderators should remove this thread ASAP!

Wow the downvotes... I was pretty sure the point here was obvious, but I guess not. =Þ

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

overpriced crap.

Wait wait wait wait wait....wait........wait......wait......wait....a......sec...

Lemme get this right. We're going to rail against this guy for providing a product at a cost that's giving him a decent profit margin, but how many other bloody things as a community do we buy from mod makers that are just ridiculously overpriced for what they are? I mean....f--k, man...that is **PDI'S ENTIRE BUSINESS MODEL**, and this community still supports PDI and will jump to their defense anytime it's pointed out that they're selling a 35 dollar toilet paper holder as a 500 dollar topper.... come on!

Pinball ownership has one tenet, and only one tenet: You learn, or you pay. I =hate= paying, so I learned PCB repair, how to make my own strip lightning for undercab and head boards, crimping, doing playfield swaps, etc etc etc. I've never paid a tech in the 6.5 years I've been in the hobby. I have bought mods, but very few and far between on the uber-expensive ones (ColorDMD, PDI glass...only 1 time for either of those for example)....like...I can't even fathom the people paying an extra 20 bucks or whatever for pingulps that are flat-painted with some stenciled logo on it, but people are doing it, and nobody is crucifying the people selling THOSE...

Before the PCB power boards for mods became a thing, I actually had a pretty decent racket going selling squid-type power splitters for like half the cost of what anyone else was charging for them. Did they look 'professional' like the expensive ones? Nope. Were they absolutely safe to use and wrapped up so there wouldn't be wires all over the place? Yep. *smh*

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-thought-pinstadium-lights-were-good-get-a-look-at-our-setup?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.