(Topic ID: 204623)

If you thought PinStadium lights were good, get a look at our setup.

By TheBEAVR

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Vdrums
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

weird_al_split (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    pinstadiumcult.gif
    tumblr_ohrpkwDEDD1qg7mgao1_500.gif
    reactor9and3quarters.gif
    image (resized).png
    zNYkNMdZBx-12 (resized).png
    thatsthejoke (resized).jpg
    IMG_1847 (resized).PNG
    care-o-meter.gif
    6 (resized).JPG
    DSC_2090 (resized).JPG
    DSC_4862 (resized).JPG
    DSC_5300 (resized).JPG
    939d5dbe9ddb039132d298c79e116f97426a3900.png (resized).jpg
    3E1B3C34-50CD-43B8-BA1D-1C99D4329EAE (resized).jpeg
    There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 years ago

I love how pi is marked.

#152 6 years ago

Buy with confidence!

IMG_1847 (resized).PNGIMG_1847 (resized).PNG

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Buy with confidence!

It is so good it washed out the backglass and made the entire picture barely in focus, full of compression artifacts and generally horrible.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

It is so good it washed out the backglass and made the entire picture barely in focus, full of compression artifacts and generally horrible.

thatsthejoke (resized).jpgthatsthejoke (resized).jpg

#155 6 years ago

I don't think he gets out much.

#156 6 years ago

Honest question: Have any of those that are opposed to the product seen a set in real life and what did you not like, what did you like?

#157 6 years ago

This thread is what is horrible about pinside. This is an absolute disgrace. Here is someone who has spent countless amounts of money and time designing a product that some feel is absolutely great and this type of garbage is allowed to be put up. If its not for you fine don't buy it! However some people like me love this product. Great for some games in the home and great for most games out on location. I'm at a loss for words when I read this garbage. If you like pinball you should encourage people to innovate in this industry. Not sure why all of the hate is floating around for someone who is a player / collector / enthusiast and owner of a business that helps promote pinball.

Truly saddened by this kind of stuff. And so close to Christmas.

Pinstadium is a great product!!! and a great company with excellent customer service... In my opinion ... Thank you Scott for your service to this industry. Please keep up the good work. You have a lot of people who love your products.

I must add that it looks as if a lot of people are posting pictures that seem altered.. Over brightness too much saturation not sure what but some sort of bad effects. I have lots of sets and none of them look like some of these pictures presented in this thread. That is borderline defamation of character and slander. I would hope the Pinside moderators would look into this and make sure everyone is honest in this thread.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

You have a lot of people who love your products.

Dilly Dilly!

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Here is someone who has spent countless amounts of money and time [...]

Countless?

Quoted from ASOA:

I must add that it looks as if a lot of people are posting pictures that seem altered.. Over brightness too much saturation not sure what but some sort of bad effects. I have lots of sets and none of them look like some of these pictures presented in this thread. That is borderline defamation of character and slander. I would hope the Pinside moderators would look into this and make sure everyone is honest in this thread.

I've refrained from saying much, because I see why people would like the product and I've heard good things, but man, the marketing materials out there are nothing short of deceptive. When you market in that fashion, backlash is guaranteed at some point.

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

This thread is what is horrible about pinside. This is an absolute disgrace.

No. What's horrible is that in today's 'everybody is a victim' view of the world, humor is dead.

The original post is an exaggeration. Satire. A joke.

The fact that so many people got all butt-hurt about it is depressing.

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Countless?

I've refrained from saying much, because I see why people would like the product and I've heard good things, but man, the marketing materials out there are nothing short of deceptive. When you market in that fashion, backlash is guaranteed at some point.

You realize 90% of the photos marketed come from Users not the seller right?

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Honest question: Have any of those that are opposed to the product seen a set in real life and what did you not like, what did you like?

Yes I have. It was completely too bright and very pink/red (it was on a TWD). What I didn't like is it was a total eyesore; blindingly bright, colored, & obnoxious.
    I apparently have very good vision (my eye doctor might disagree) because I don't have any issues seeing playfields in general, and certain(t)ly not any LED Stern.

#163 6 years ago

Imagine if most of the audience today had to face what tom wible did back 18 years ago when he started the "over the top" modding on TZ.

Of course, if he started now verse when he did... he'd probably be filthy rich

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Imagine if most of the audience today had to face what tom wible did back 18 years ago when he started the "over the top" modding on TZ.
    Of course, if he started now verse when he did... he'd probably be filthy rich

Lol I haven't heard that name in a Long time. But as you will remember Tom was an Ass clown that when off his meds (often) would sell his product by flaming and spewing venom at Everyone at a moments notice. Ahh the old days...... To funny that guy.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

You realize 90% of the photos marketed come from Users not the seller right?

Sure, and you have to use UGC responsibly as well.

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

No. What's horrible is that in today's 'everybody is a victim' view of the world, humor is dead.
    The original post is an exaggeration. Satire. A joke.
    The fact that so many people got all butt-hurt about it is depressing.

Many of the posters in this thread need to fill out one of these and submit it to Pinside HR. Hopefully that will help them out.
    hurt-feelings-report (resized).jpghurt-feelings-report (resized).jpg

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

That is borderline defamation of character and slander.

Dude, it's like you broke your funny bone. You should see a doctor about that.

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes I have. It was completely too bright and very pink/red (it was on a TWD). What I didn't like is it was a total eyesore; blindingly bright, colored, & obnoxious.
    I apparently have very good vision (my eye doctor might disagree) because I don't have any issues seeing playfields in general, and certain(t)ly not any LED Stern. Sure,

Fair enough. Appreciate the dialogue.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Fair enough. Appreciate the dialogue.

Of course, no problem.
    Not everyone likes anything. I don't go inside the pinstadium thread and bust anyone's chops; they like what they like. Whether I think it's silly or not doesn't factor in with them, and them liking it doesn't change my view at all.

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I apparently have very good vision (my eye doctor might disagree) because I don't have any issues seeing playfields in general, and certain(t)ly not any LED Stern. Sure,

Everyone seems to have different tastes when it comes to lighting. The one thing that pinstadium does really well though is allow the user to customize the effect to the owners liking. With the GI integration and about 60 seconds of work on the app you could have it exactly how you like it. Many modern games certainly do not need them. But they are great on games like RZ, AMH, and WOZ and you can customize the brightness and color to exactly how you prefer.

So I'm not sure it's really fair to make a blanket statement that they are obnoxious because you saw a set that was not setup the way that you would have preferred it. Blame the game owner, not the lights.

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol I haven't heard that name in a Long time. But as you will remember Tom was an Ass clown that when off his meds (often) would sell his product by flaming and spewing venom at Everyone at a moments notice. Ahh the old days...... To funny that guy.

Well in the context of some of the "concerns" in this thread... he certainly had to face a ton of criticism about what he was selling and for how much.

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Strange things afoot at the Circle K.

Well done with the Bill and Ted reference !!!

Now....if we could just be excellent with each other and party on, Pinside would be a much better place. The level of negativity in multiple threads is reaching critical mass....

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Everyone seems to have different tastes when it comes to lighting.

So I'm not sure it's really fair to make a blanket statement that they are obnoxious because you saw a set that was not setup the way that you would have preferred it. Blame the game owner, not the lights.

Agreed.

Hold on, I did not make a blanket statement aboot them; I was asked if I had seen them in person and I explained what I saw.
    A less intense red cloud hanging over a game doesn't make it any better for me, or green, blue, purple etc.

BTW, the owner of the company was the owner of the machine, or at least he set it up.

Quoted from NPO:

negativity in triple threads is reaching critical mass....

Same shit diff'rent year...it always happens around this time!

#174 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Well in the context of some of the "concerns" in this thread... he certainly had to face a ton of criticism about what he was selling and for how much.

Agreed but you have to admit many of his Creations were a basic money grab. My personal favorite was the US Quarter glued to a screw for only $20. lol What innovation. His evening attack responses always made my day.

#175 6 years ago

#176 6 years ago

I love PinStadiums lights. Plus, I am very jealous of Scott. I mean we put our product on sale for Black Friday. One customer didn't get his order in four days with a tracking number (I'm assuming he's the loneliest pinball man I've ever met, and has no friends or family). He filed a complaint on us on PayPal we gave PayPal the tracking information and they still sided with him. Oh by the way, he got his product and he didn't return it. Now he's a thief. I won't mention his name. There enough Smart people on here who can figure that out. Plus, we've got his name and IP address and some other things in place to make sure he can't place an order to go through again. I'm just jealous of Scott because I can't seem to get my orders quick enough, I have been waiting months. But don't worry Scott, I'm not a butt hole, I'll wait for the great product to show up at my home. I can understand now why you don't take PayPal. I think we're about the same thing.

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I am very jealous of Steve

Um....... Who is Steve?

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Um....... Who is Steve?

Steve....Scott... if this Bug you don’t use iPhone.

#179 6 years ago

zNYkNMdZBx-12 (resized).pngzNYkNMdZBx-12 (resized).png

4 weeks later
    #180 6 years ago

We, at PinFLOODLIGHTS, would like to announce that we are the currently the only authorized playfield lighting mod of Total Nuclear Annihilation (TNA). We've spent quite a bit of time with R&D to get this nailed down so holes don't get burned into your circuit boards, because we care about you more than the money from a quick sale. With the power of some fictional character in the sky harnessed in these lights you will be able to see virtually nothing without a good #5 lens. But we'll be dammed if this won't make your power meter spin as fast as a broke stripper on a pole trying to get money for her kid's lunch. If the light show, after you beat reactor #9, is a punch in the face to you, we will be the kick in the nuts when we illuminate the rest of the playfield. This will let everyone in the neighborhood know that another Chernobyl is about to happen so you better jump in your Yugos and Fiats and get the f*** outta dodge.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#181 6 years ago

reactor9and3quarters.gifreactor9and3quarters.gif

#182 6 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

#184 6 years ago

pinstadiumcult.gifpinstadiumcult.gif

#185 6 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#186 6 years ago

Your product is obviously overpriced. I could do it cheaper myself if I just bought all of the parts and a character from the sky.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheBEAVR:

We, at PinFLOODLIGHTS, would like to announce that we are the currently the only authorized playfield lighting mod of Total Nuclear Annihilation (TNA). We've spent quite a bit of time with R&D to get this nailed down so holes don't get burned into your circuit boards, because we care about you more than the money from a quick sale. With the power of some fictional character in the sky harnessed in these lights you will be able to see virtually nothing without a good #5 lens. But we'll be dammed if this won't make your power meter spin as fast as a broke stripper on a pole trying to get money for her kid's lunch. If the light show, after you beat reactor #9, is a punch in the face to you, we will be the kick in the nuts when we illuminate the rest of the playfield. This will let everyone in the neighborhood know that another Chernobyl is about to happen so you better jump in your Yugos and Fiats and get the f*** outta dodge.

The apron is a bit dull.

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheBEAVR:

You sir, are disgusting. Disease, pestilence, famine.... ALL of these pale in comparison to you, and your never ending assault on the values that I hold dear. You have laid waste to the joylessless factual data that I expect to find on this, and every other forum across the great internet. Not since weird Al yankovic's heartless and cruel repeated attacks on Michael Jackson have I seen someone so deliberately and viciously engage in such a character assassination. I believe any judge would agee that this is battery, plain and simple. Satire is the lowest form of humor. May character in the sky have mercy on your soul.

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

You sir, are disgusting. Disease, pestilence, famine.... ALL of these pale in comparison to you, and your never ending assault on the values that I hold dear. You have laid waste to the joylessless factual data that I expect to find on this, and every other forum across the great internet. Not since weird Al yankovic's heartless and cruel repeated attacks on Michael Jackson have I seen someone so deliberately and viciously engage in such a character assassination. I believe any judge would agee that this is battery, plain and simple. Satire is the lowest form of humor. May character in the sky have mercy on your soul.

Sorry, but this attack on another Pinsider is not allowed. Weird Al is a valued member of the community.

#190 6 years ago

weird_al_split (resized).jpgweird_al_split (resized).jpg

#191 6 years ago

A friend and I were at a bar arcade over the weekend here in NYC. All the games were so dark ( as was the bar) and we were both dying for a pinstadium. Some of the games may have had lights out but not the Funhouse we were playing. I held my phone flashlight over the game so my friend could see. Free pinstadium!!!

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-thought-pinstadium-lights-were-good-get-a-look-at-our-setup/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.