(Topic ID: 104576)

If you take PayPal for any purchase you may be in for big surprise.

By toddsvec

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG5413.jpg
    IMAG5412.jpg
    ebayreturnpolicy.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spfxted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago

I've only been screwed twice in 13 years on Ebay. If I notice a big change when these new rules kick in, I might try something different. What other options are out there?

#71 9 years ago

Yes...Alibaba may be something to check out...

#82 9 years ago

I have taken checks, money orders and cash...

#85 9 years ago

I had a friend of mine look around for something similar to sell a variety of items. Result: Ebay is pretty much the only game in town....right now.
    I asked him to look into Alibaba because there ARE a billion Chinese...and they are buying!

#88 9 years ago

Do you have a car?

#91 9 years ago

Once I put 14 repro photos of some very rare candids from King Kong on Ebay. They sold for $30. The guy get them and then contacts me and says he wants to send them back because they are "not as described". I asked him what was not described. It says in BIG letters all over the place that these are repro photos, how they were printed and what kind of paper was used.
    He said he thought they were ORIGINAL prints! I said, "You thought you got $5,000 worth of photos for $30? AND, you can't read!" Sometimes these people get the photos, scan them and send them back. He said he was going to Ebay and I said fine. After they reviewed the case and read my description, it was decided in MY favor. sheesh!

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Maybe it's time Pinside starts offering merchant services as a replacement for Ebay/Paypal?

I certainly think it's worth a try...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spfxted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-take-paypal-for-any-purchase-you-may-be-in-for-big-surprise?tu=spfxted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.