(Topic ID: 104576)

If you take PayPal for any purchase you may be in for big surprise.

By toddsvec

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG5413.jpg
    IMAG5412.jpg
    ebayreturnpolicy.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollinover.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 9 years ago

from what I understand this has been going on for a long time, it recently went public, years ago people could still open a case even after months and months, one person had one opened almost a year later. calling paypal personally you would be shocked what they can do....

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Those don't apply to SNAD (Significantly Not As Described).
    Those are the 'return policy' settings, which a seller can choose to accept, or not accept.
    I don't mind them extending 'not received' to 6 months. To me, that's a positive, as there are some countries where customs sit on packages for seemingly EVER (recent experiences with Italy and Brazil) and people file claims at the 45 day mark to protect themselves, even though they know that sometimes it takes longer.
    To me, that is a positive, as you can give things a bit longer to turn up.
    SNAD returns aren't related to whether you allow returns or don't. People can return SNAD items whether you accept returns or not. eBay has to 'approve' it, but they pretty much approve every reason.
    Do you want Joe Blow at eBay customer service deciding if a collectable item you sold is in 'nice' shape or not? What if your 'red' guitar is more 'magenta' to a buyer?
    What if you decide you want to buy a $5000 game, and decide to pay for it by unloading 5k worth of 'stuff' you have, only to have a buyer return a $1200 collectible 180 days later, and along with that $1200 refund, you also have to eat return shipping?
    I see a lot of potential issues here.
    Let's say you decide to sell a rare plastic set, and it sells for $500.
    Somebody buys it, 'just in case' they buy that game at a later date..
    And 4 months later, CPR or PPS repros it, for $189
    That buyer decides to return your set, because there's a scratch on one piece, it's not as described because of that little scratch, and then they buy the repros.
    I truly believe most people are good, genuine people who won't play the system - but there are some folks out there who make playing the system their hobby - and that's bad for all of us.

just so you know, the return policy is a joke and your better off just accepting all returns, they manually override them anyways all day long.

and I agree most people are good but not all which is sad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollinover.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-take-paypal-for-any-purchase-you-may-be-in-for-big-surprise?tu=rollinover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.