(Topic ID: 104576)

If you take PayPal for any purchase you may be in for big surprise.

By toddsvec

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG5413.jpg
    IMAG5412.jpg
    ebayreturnpolicy.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I don't. More and more people are moving away from eBay, not joining up. While their changes are going to short term be profitable to them, because in cases like this (in eBay's eyes, John is at fault so they will keep all fees), but John ain't gonna bend over too often. And it's probably easy to count how many people "joined" eBay, but if you read the discussion boards, a lot of those are throwaway accounts for one time buys where they actually don't pay, or they scam the seller. And when a seller "leaves" eBay, most don't really close their account, they just stop selling. I for one will cut down a lot of my selling, if not all of it November 1st, and I sell thousands of parts a year on eBay.
    Why November 1st? Well, you can opt out, but you do so at a cost. It's called eBay's new extended holiday return policy: "You give buyers until January 31 to return any item purchased between November 1 and December 31." If you opt out, you lose your "Top Rated Seller" status (if you have one, I do) which means the loss of 20% discount on fees. And this is for anything, all they have to do is say it was a gift, as if they even have to ask.
    And remember, the customer is always right John!

Good post. I've been on eBay since they started but got more serious with it a few months ago. Got top rated status rather quickly. When I think about it now I'd rather pay 10% final value fee and not do returns vs. 8% final value fees with the extended holidays returns timeframe. I'll probably change all of my listings in the morning. I personally try not to worry about the rules as I mostly sell new or items in near new shape. Sure people can lie and say not as described but I haven't had an issue yet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-take-paypal-for-any-purchase-you-may-be-in-for-big-surprise?tu=hardware and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.