(Topic ID: 104576)

If you take PayPal for any purchase you may be in for big surprise.

By toddsvec

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG5413.jpg
    IMAG5412.jpg
    ebayreturnpolicy.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Completely agree.
    Ebay owns paypal so they take a massive cut now. eBay used to be the place were you could find deals....now it's a place with shipping gouging because people want don't want to pay all the fees.
    I use to deal a lot on eBay and for the past little years have stopped using it. 180 days to return an item is just ridiculous. Most big chain stores offer refunds only before 45 days.

Actually, Ebay also charges you 10% of that shipping fee you collect now too.

#35 9 years ago

I would bet this is happening since Ebay changed it's policy's to over protect the buyer and screw the sellers, what happens plenty of times, is that if you remove the money out of your Paypal account, and this happens, they cannot pull the funds out of your account.. UNLESS, you make a paypal account payment if you use their credit, or attempt to make a purchase..

I had someone claim they never got a PS4 I sold last Nov, when I entered the tracking info, I put one digit in wrong, the buyer (who got the item) never once contacted me, and just filed a claim saying it was never shipping and an invalid tracking number was listed.. I quickly checked the tracking, corrected the mistake, contacted the buyer stating I had put 1 digit wrong in the tracking number, showed her who signed for it, when it was delivered.. I had emailed her at least 8 times with my cell number, email address, everything... she let it go all the way to the dispute to let Ebay settle it.. Ebay and Paypal then attempted to pull almost 500 bucks out of my Paypal account, I had already pulled the money out... HOWEVER I had 100 bucks used on Paypal credit, so when I paid it off, they not only deducted the 100 but the additional 500!! Needless to say I was shocked.. I contacted Ebay support every day, finally called them, got a rep, explained exactly what this buyer was trying to do, and won the case.. but it tied up my money for almost 2 weeks..

This is bad news all around, yes you appeal to all different buyers, more so than anywhere else, but 180 days?? That gives a person 6 months to enjoy whatever they got from you, then return it, get all their money back, and send you back a used item.. Once this gets out, it is over for me with Ebay.. going to have to try using the Amazon service to sell on.. no idea if they get the same results as Ebay, but seriously what choice do you have? Plus Amazon does NOT take Paypal!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-take-paypal-for-any-purchase-you-may-be-in-for-big-surprise?tu=balboarules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.