(Topic ID: 250007)

If you sold your entire pinball collection...

By AFM95

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Saveleaningtower
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If I sold my entire pinball collection, here's what I would do with my money:”

• Invest it to accelerate my retirement 71 votes
      36%
    • Fund a new hobby 30 votes
      15%
    • Spend it on experiences, such as traveling abroad 24 votes
      12%
    • Buy a dream car I've always wanted 26 votes
      13%
    • One word: Tacos 16 votes
      8%
    • Donate it to charity 3 votes
      2%
    • I like what the OP said: hookers and blow 30 votes
      15%

(200 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190817_091954 (resized).jpg
    BA93DC03-6921-4A7D-9661-75A7A3ABC804 (resized).jpeg
    4488C1FA-0084-4272-8ED8-0163153B98DF (resized).jpeg
    FB19792B-A981-4739-BB36-AB411F28F6A7 (resized).jpeg
    E7A8C0A8-FA55-41CF-931B-9230C17EEB8A (resized).png
    62923273-9224-441F-B1D3-9E663E68727D (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190824-080347_Google (resized).jpg
    1985_bmw_m635csi_1530067612f66e7dff9f98764da01 (resized).jpg
    th (resized).jpg
    2E2r1tq (resized).jpg
    gir (resized).jpg
    626935 (resized).jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 months ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Sounds good to me. Whats even better is to keep ur collection and also get some hookers and blow

These things are deplorable and not even worth joking about. Using a woman’s body as a c-dumpster is disgusting. And go visit best gore to see what blowing cocaine up your nose supports...one cartel video for instance shows a police father and his son tied up, dad is decapitated, his head then tossed at son who is forced to watch. Son is then flayed alive and his heart removed-while still beating it is stuck to his chest with the knife.

Enjoy your hookers and blow!

#52 10 months ago

I've actually almost finished selling off my collection. t was only 10 pins(12 at its peak) so no massive collection like many here. I am building out the pinball space slightly currently and making it into my wood working area. I do a lot more useful wood working projects now and will love having a more dedicated space with proper dust collection etc.

#53 10 months ago

Can I mix a few burritos in with the tacos, or is it a strict taco only rule?

#54 10 months ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

These things are deplorable and not even worth joking about. Using a woman’s body as a c-dumpster is disgusting. And go visit best gore to see what blowing cocaine up your nose supports...one cartel video for instance shows a police father and his son tied up, dad is decapitated, his head then tossed at son who is forced to watch. Son is then flayed alive and his heart removed-while still beating it is stuck to his chest with the knife.

Enjoy your hookers and blow!

Oh yeah, well I can guarentee you do plenty in ur life that hurts people its just very indirect and the girls I see would disagree with ur C dumbster anaolgy which is disturbing not too mention ur watching "best gore" do me a favor and please don't do any coke and don't see any hookers, I have a feeling they would be in trouble. Good day to u sir, I said good day.

#55 10 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Can I mix a few burritos in with the tacos, or is it a strict taco only rule?

Burritos are allowed.

#56 10 months ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

not too mention ur watching "best gore"

It’s tough, shit haunts me at night but it’s important.

We have contact with many families and individuals via a real estate career & children in school. We’ve come across a few families over the years who are known to have 1 or 2 parties a year that get a little wild with the yay. These are functional professionals with nice homes, cars and that perfect printed Xmas card every year showing off that veneer. Most people could care less what they do but watching those videos gives me the proper perspective to have zero tolerance for anyone who partakes in that garbage behavior.

And you’re right...I am doing harmful things like driving a diesel dually, buying too much plastic & other petro products. At least I’m aware and working on making changes.

#57 10 months ago

where is the, "pay off the house" option. Responsibility people come on now.

#58 10 months ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where is the, "pay off the house" option. Responsibility people come on now.

Done that one last time I sold all (or most) of my games so I have to choose something else this time. I really like the new 2020 Vette.... HMMMM got me thinking now....

#59 10 months ago

Not looking to sell the collection, but this thread lit a fire under my ass to make a speadsheet listing games, prices paid, dates, blah, blah and blau. It took hours. Most my pins are in great shape, many A-listers, some HEPs, some CQ restrorations. Almost all have repaired/cleared or repro/cleared PFs. Every PF I buy now goes straight to Ron Krusman for his special treatment!
    I used the current low and high Pinside values. It seems Pinside prices are a bit low, but probably places a conservative value on my collection if I ever had an emergency and needed to liquidate.
    OK, if I did sell it all I'd get a smallish craftsman home and a nice car (I'm about to retire).

#60 10 months ago

The thing for me is if I sell em all I need to move on to something else. I have a need and that need is to tinker with some kind of hobby that I can restore things that are broken, flawed, rusty, busted, substandard ect... I have antique Lionel trains, but that has become "not enough" for me. My desire for NIB can be met by playing on location. The car itch was scratched years ago but could return in maybe an old Corvette but I just find myself not wanting to climb under one again. So for now the collection stays because it serves a larger purpose.

#61 10 months ago

I sold 6 games in the last month and bought a used brz to drive around in the summer, now I'm considering selling more to pay down the house, that being said there are about 20 games in my collection I wouldnt sell so that still leaves 26 that I might.
    20190817_091954 (resized).jpg

#62 10 months ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

You left off the option "Buy a new pinball collection".

I just went "fund new hobby" and assumed that would simply be a different pinball collection?

#63 10 months ago

I’m already retired. Got tired of working on cars and the constantly greasy fingernails years ago.

I have a couple of nice guitars but dreams of being a rock star will always be dreams because my guitar name is fumble fingers.

Hunting is too much work and not exactly cheap when you live in the city.

Not interested anymore in sitting around waiting for the fish to bite and don’t want to clean the catch.

Travel? The trouble with traveling is that all the motels really start looking the same. And there is nothing on motel cable to watch.

Golf? The greens fees would pay for a couple of pin shop jobs.

A boat? I love boats and boat rides but a weekend at the lake can buy a decent pinball machine. Boat storage for a year will buy another pin.

If you retire super rich the world is your oyster.

If you retire on a budget, pins are not a bad way to go. After the initial investment and clean up, I find the pins cheap to keep.

I don’t have to buy liability insurance to cover them. I don’t have to pay property tax on them like an annual car license.

If it is too hot outside I can stay in and practice post passes.

If it is too cold outside I can stay inside and practice post passes.

I find my pins to be a great retirement hobby. I get to do screwdriver work. And woodwork. Electrician work. Work on my painting skills. Etc. I am slowly learning electronics— keeps the mind fresh.

And I get to meet some nice people who also like pins.

I’m retired and happy right where it is.

EDIT: I would like to ad that I like cars. I like fast cars. Always have There was a time in my life that if you pulled up in your screaming machine and offered to take me for a spin I would have jumped right in and said, "Hit it!". But that was before Paul Walker bought it in that joy ride in that Porsche 3-4 years ago. Nowadays, I will just say, "Nice ride. I appreciate the offer for a ride but I have to pass for right now. Maybe later".

#64 10 months ago

Sold my collection last year to help buy a house, now I just play on location when I get the time. I'd rather play than tinker so it has worked out. More time for family & riding my bike. Pinball was a lot safer than my bike though haha

1 week later
    #65 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

1970 Cuda. Shaker hood, 440 six pack, 4 speed.

Your car...

Kevin Hart Suffers Major Injuries in Car Accident, Roof Crushed

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/01/kevin-hart-car-accident-malibu-off-road-passengers-trapped/

#66 10 months ago

Pay off the bills from Hurricane Irma 2 years ago. Dont want to do it again....

#67 10 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Pay off the bills from Hurricane Irma 2 years ago. Dont want to do it again....

I hope Dorian stays away from you and everyone else on the east coast.

Stay safe this week!

#68 10 months ago

New kitchen counters, sink, refinished wood floors, and new carpeting.

My wife will really be happy.

SIGH

#69 10 months ago

I would lose money and if wanted to buy them again cost me 2 1\2 times what i paid.

#70 10 months ago

Regarding the Paul Walker accident - my understanding is that they weren’t going that fast. It was that the car had original tires on it - over 10 years old and had dry rotted.
    I got a 911 a few years ago and had several friends bring that up in an failed effort to get me to drive like I was in a Prius.

I gotta agree with the post that said get the new mid engine Vette with money from the pin collection.

#71 10 months ago

A guy I worked with that had been over many times to play my pins came into
    a cash windfall and made me a very generous offer for all of my machines (50
    at the time). Decided not to sell. What would I do with the money? Buy
    pinball machines.

Never regretted that decision.
    Steve

#72 10 months ago
    Quoted from zarco:

A guy I worked with that had been over many times to play my pins came into
    a cash windfall and made me a very generous offer for all of my machines (50
    at the time). Decided not to sell. What would I do with the money? Buy
    pinball machines.
    Never regretted that decision.
    Steve

Can you please share his number... lol

#73 10 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you please share his number... lol

That's the kind 0f deai yu0 want when y0u are ready t0 cash 0ut and buy a m0t0r h0me,

#74 10 months ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

Regarding the Paul Walker accident - my understanding is that they weren’t going that fast. It was that the car had original tires on it - over 10 years old and had dry rotted.
    I got a 911 a few years ago and had several friends bring that up in an failed effort to get me to drive like I was in a Prius.
    I gotta agree with the post that said get the new mid engine Vette with money from the pin collection.

from the investigation show I watched, there was a drainage screen that was hit, and caused the car to get airborn at the speed they were going, caused loss of control, after coming around the corner.

#75 10 months ago

I recently had a trade offer for some of my pins that were on location for a piece of real estate. It was an interesting offer but not far enough south to persuade me. There are a lot of collectors around my area that randomly message about different deals. I consider a lot of them friends so I listen but it never gets to the end.

Had a crazy offer on the other end for my Porsche. Someone at the track wanted to trade his whole collection of games. (17 games) and some cash but I'll never agree to buy another 911t so I couldn't do it. It would have been a value well in my favor but just didn't have the guts to go with it.

#76 10 months ago

I think your poll missed the most likely scenario, family is in financial trouble. I see no other reason to sell them.

#77 10 months ago

The first time I sold off pins, it was only a portion of my collection, and it was to buy a Porsche. Worst move ever!

The second time, I sold off 90% of my collection and bought a condo down the shore at Seapointe Village. It is at the southern end of NJ. This was a great move. Quality of life has improved tremendously and the time with the family is priceless. Google and check out the place. It is like I live in a resort.

I still have three games left, original mint MM and MB, and a Tron LE. Also still have the variety of other games with a Super Chexx, a puck bowler, some video, darts, touchscreen, foos, air hockey, ... They stayed because they basically had no resale value unlike the pins.

We have fun with the arcade in the fall, winter, and spring. But in the summer we are down the shore. I teach and the kids are off from school. Wife was a teacher but took an admin job at her school and lost her summers off. She comes down for three or four day weekends as often as she can.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 249.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside