(Topic ID: 308285)

If you played with glass off, which game would hit you in the face?

By arkofcovenant

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by steve-o
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160E87AF-C2B3-40F2-9032-975DE7D542C4 (resized).jpeg
    80A7F3E5-A059-4A64-ADB9-49BD5E5F803B (resized).jpeg
    474DB624-C378-4D04-885F-3C7F3A746A53 (resized).jpeg
    monthly_04_2013_32701db19ef03c04297620a24c25b406-rocky--gotlieb-1982- (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Pretty much in the title. If you took the glass off, which machine is most likely to hit you directly in the face with a ball? Any particular elements or design decisions that make it super likely?

Not really asking for any reason, just a random question that popped into my head.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from arkofcovenant:

Pretty much in the title. If you took the glass off, which machine is most likely to hit you directly in the face with a ball? Any particular elements or design decisions that make it super likely?
    Not really asking for any reason, just a random question that popped into my head.

Seawitch has lots of airballs off that main drop bank. MNF also has a crap ton of airballs.

#3 2 years ago

World Cup Soccer, that spinning soccer ball creates chaos.

#4 2 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen balls get thrown quite that high.

IJ tends to toss airballs off the drop targets of you don't add protectors.

#5 2 years ago

Ghostbusters! Hitting the Scoleri Brothers targets cleanly is dangerous. They are so close to the flippers…I am afraid the glass is going to break one of these days.

#6 2 years ago

Black Knight: Sword of Rage!!! Two words, spinning flail.

#7 2 years ago

This is a question you ask for your very first post???

#8 2 years ago

WH20 left ramp and MM when troll pops up under ball (?) ... but in your face ... not sure

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hans_Saris:

WH20 left ramp and MM when troll pops up under ball (?) ... but in your face ... not sure

Indeed, Wh2o have the balls smash against the glass really often, but pretty sure they wouldn't reach your face as you asked about.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hans_Saris:

I didn't want my first post to be some question or thought that has been posted a million times before so I thought I'd do something hopefully unique lol.

#11 2 years ago

Which would hit you in the face? Zingy Bingy would smack you with something.

#13 2 years ago

Ghostbusters (drop targets) and Checkpoint.

#14 2 years ago

DE Simpsons (bowling pin drop targets)

#15 2 years ago
    monthly_04_2013_32701db19ef03c04297620a24c25b406-rocky--gotlieb-1982- (resized).pngmonthly_04_2013_32701db19ef03c04297620a24c25b406-rocky--gotlieb-1982- (resized).png
    #16 2 years ago
    474DB624-C378-4D04-885F-3C7F3A746A53 (resized).jpeg474DB624-C378-4D04-885F-3C7F3A746A53 (resized).jpeg
    #17 2 years ago

First thing that came to my mind was playing Iron Man and having the War Machine kickback bounce off the flipper and over. Wouldn't necesarily want that to happen with the glass off...?

#18 2 years ago

MM dam trolls throw those balls everywhere

#19 2 years ago

T2, AC/DC, Shadow

#20 2 years ago

ghostbusters would knock your teeth out

#21 2 years ago

My Stranger Things pops all over the place!

#22 2 years ago

The cannons on Big Guns can send the ball back to the flippers pretty fast, and sometimes when multiball starts the first two balls to fire out of them can collide and do some pretty crazy stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if sometimes a ball would fly out of the game, though you'd probably have to be pretty short to have it hit you in the face!

#23 2 years ago

Sega Frankenstein. The monster would angrily throw the balls at you.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

This is a question you ask for your very first post???

I’ve seen a lot worse

#25 2 years ago

MM/MMR Trolls pop up and with a ball rolling over them during multi-ball...there you have it.

#26 2 years ago

The last time some balls hit me in the face I wasn't even playing pinball.

#27 2 years ago

Any Frontier I have ever played a ricochet off the center Target at times will hit the glass so dang loud I’ve literally used to get scared when I was twelve.

#28 2 years ago

Tron - If you change out the black rubber disc mat for one of those clear ones. The ball gets thrown back violently out of the spinning disc towards the flippers. It happens so quick that you often never see the ball coming, you just hear the ball smash hard against the glass after bouncing off the flippers.

I'm sure if you played Tron with the glass off you would eventually get a ball in the face from this.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

The last time some balls hit me in the face I wasn't even playing pinball.

#30 2 years ago

I was surprised when I first got my STTNG and saw the air balls off the beta ramp targets. I’ve tried to reinforce them so the stay more vertical but think the geometry of them just makes them prone. My MMrSE has balls fly since I bought it new. Had the ball land on the left turret a few times. IJ loved to launch balls of the center drop target bank until I bought the airball protectors. Now plays so much better.

160E87AF-C2B3-40F2-9032-975DE7D542C4 (resized).jpeg160E87AF-C2B3-40F2-9032-975DE7D542C4 (resized).jpeg80A7F3E5-A059-4A64-ADB9-49BD5E5F803B (resized).jpeg80A7F3E5-A059-4A64-ADB9-49BD5E5F803B (resized).jpeg
    #31 2 years ago

Don't feel so bad anymore my first post was "women draped over a Pinball calendar"

#32 2 years ago

Not a ball, but a frog will hit you in the head when playing scared stiff with the glass off. It happened to me!

#33 2 years ago

Cleopatra believe it or not.

#34 2 years ago

Ghostbusters. I’m surprised my glass hasn’t shattered with some of the hits it takes.

#36 2 years ago

Black Pyramid off of the center moving target would be constant headshots

#37 2 years ago

DE MNF trys to blow out the playfield glass every game.
    Strongest flippers we have here for sure!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-played-with-glass-off-which-game-would-hit-you-in-the-face?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.