Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZAfter.jpg
WOZBefore.jpg
Daniel-Larusso-Ralph-Macchio.jpg
image.jpg
DSCN3813.jpg
fun2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

If you own a WOZ, JJP is offering precut Mylar to affix to the areas around the HF pop bumper nest as well as the State Fair balloon popper.

Some early playfields have had issues with the artwork flaking off of the substrate. This failure can be sudden and can happen without showing any previous wear to the area. Failure is immediate.

To order the Mylar you should contact their service department.

This is not a thread to flame fires, it's sole purpose is to make sure everyone gets their games protected.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Enter McCune in 3...2...1...

This is to warn WOZ owners about getting their games protected, let's keep it to that. Thanks.

#23 8 years ago

A weekend and probably a lot of them went to Pintastic.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it true about the mylar Lloyd?

i wouldn't have posted if it wasn't. Jack posted about it on the JJP forums in the thread titled "I read in Pinside.." There was no specific thread made regarding the Mylar.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks Lloyd and Taylor for the heads up
Opened ticket.
Haven't seen those issues on mine, late October of 2013. Just read thread on forum, better to be safe. GL with resolution Taylor.

Thanks.

#45 8 years ago

Thanks. I'm only trying to stop others from having the issue I had with my game.

Watching the art of your playfield flake off is a little disheartening.

#47 8 years ago

^^^^
I'm not sure what you're talking about?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Do they have any specifics as to what early playfields have the problem? Is there a build date range or something?
My WOZ has zero chipping or wear anywhere on the playfield but I don't want to take any chances.
If it chips and fails catostophically then will the mylar prevent it or as someone mentioned just hold the ink together till the mylar gets all loose underneath and brings up the rest of the ink? If not I'm going to need a new play field free!

The playfields that have been noted to have issues are from a run of Bader playfields that were apparently used in earlier games.
JJP can confirm that your playfield is one of these by checking the serial number.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Man, Taylor...I feel your pain on this one, brother. I hope you get some resolution out of it.

I'm working on it. If WOZ wasn't one of my favorites Id just chalk it up to a loss and throw it on the market, but I'm generally a long term owner and spend the time to get my games as nice as I can so I can play them for years without concern. Hope WOZ eventually becomes an example of the latter for all of those that own one.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Build Date Oct 29 2013, do you think I have one of the Bader Playfields? I don't see any chipping even on the upper playfield or the throne room. I don't like the idea of Mylar but will put it on if need be...

The only way I know to confirm is to contact JJP support. It has been reported that it was a small batch affected. The chipping on edges of holes and the edge of the upper playfield is a different concern.

The specific issue the Mylar is addressing is art separating from the actual substrate of the playfield. Mine exhibited no wear before failure which is why being proactive is important IMO, but I can't speak for what will happen if the Mylar is removed down the road.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Here is the response I received. "Your is a Bader cab...but not all Bader cabs have the problem". Huh??? I asked what info I could provide to definitively identify if my playfield has the problem. No response yet.
Also, it will be $500 if I want a replacement playfield. Ugh...

Do you have damage?

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from gurl_friday11:

Woz playfields flaking ? Geez so 50+year old playfields are not but 2year old ones are? Wowzah ... Everyone I know gives me crap about not buying a new pin but honestly every time I lean that way .. these forums about new games pops up... Just unbelievable and at first I think oh they're making it up .. Noway this is real ...I keep reading ..and there is all theses people posting that's ok they gave me some clear hard plastic tape basically and I'm so happy ..Why not duct tape is what I'm thinking ...madness I tell ya no way no how ...it feels like I'm in the Twilight Zone (no pun intended or comparison either )..I gotta stop reading this stuff ..it's just too much .. No really it's depressing is what it is..I own 10 machines that are 20 plus years old .. None are flaking or peeling or getting plastic tape ..all under 5000 dollars .. Am I missing something ? Has anyone ever put tape on flaky paint ? I think that might work best for removing loose paint? Eh just a thought ..

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and am frankly surprised by people that disagree with you.

WOZ was my first NIB game and the issues I have experienced with mine have made me really consider getting NIB again. The durability of these games, not just JJP but across a majority of manufacturers, is really in question IMO as we continue to see issue after issue out of the box. These games are expected to have a level of durability for commercial use and we are seeing failures in well maintained home environments. Home owners are being used as beta testers on software and hardware and it's that same owner that is kept out of the loop when known issues arise and are left to find out for themselves, often too late.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Lol, Think again, Lowepg. Everyone should have been made whole, they should have admitted a mistake and fixed it, with replacement boards for everyone. Nope, some got all, some got 1 at a time and others, like myself got grilled to take photos or video's and haven't gotten a thing.
Thankfully, my game smoked itself and has been sitting stone dead for 2 weeks, so I cant even play it.
Thanks for the Mylar tip Taylor, sorry for the earlier rant, I'm just sick of this game.

No worries, I feel your pain. It took about 7 months before I had my game working correctly.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Taylor got one of the very first standards ever out of the factory. He was my second order. He like the stainless look of how the other Williams games looked and wanted this to be a natural continuation of that heritage since JJP was using many common WMS parts.
Some were even mad he got his standard so soon.
I appreciate your order and trusting me and I will personally check to see if I can help even if I might have to pitch in some cash my way.
Buddy
a JJP distributor

Buddy, you are all class and why I will always look to you when buying or selling.
I do not make recommendations lightly but you are the first person I suggest my friends contact when looking for new games.

Thanks for looking out-
Taylor

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

For anyone interested, I finally got my replacement parts and they were wrong! Pulled the wiring harness out, started to install the new one and it's not even close.
For those interested, I actually found the root cause as we when I was removing everything.... Seems kinda silly I should have to pay when clearly it was an install/quality control issue.
Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideimage.jpg

Sorry to hear you got the wrong parts. I certainly appreciate how frustrated you've been. When I was having issues with light boards I couldn't bear to read WOZ threads knowing that I had a beautiful brick in my game room. Hope you get it sorted and can finally enjoy the game, it really is a special machine.

#170 8 years ago

That cling stuff apparently doesn't hold up so well around pops.

1 week later
#207 8 years ago

Does anyone know for certain if they have a Mirco playfield? How can you tell? Can someone take a pic under their apron? Thanks

1 week later
#224 8 years ago

Anyone know what thickness the Mylar is that was sent out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-own-a-woz?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.