Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZAfter.jpg
WOZBefore.jpg
Daniel-Larusso-Ralph-Macchio.jpg
image.jpg
DSCN3813.jpg
fun2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 8 years ago

Are there any reports of early made WOZ's with a lot of plays and not this type of severe wear?

For the record I think JJP should give TaylorVA a replacment playfield at no charge. Hes been in on WOZ since the beginning. Without the preorder customers JJP wouldn't be around today.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

JJP just confirmed I have a Bader. I was also assured that hundreds of these boards are in operation without issue. I will trust this is the truth and move on. Here's hoping my my playfield is going to be "good"er opposed to "bad"er.

Same here. At this point the best approach is to just mylar the potential wear areas to avoid taking any risk of playfield wear. My game was made in October 2013 and I'm not planning on playing it again until I put the mylar kit down, haha.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Mine was made in Feb 2014 and was told in my ticket that I have a Bader playfield. Is the issue with all Bader playfields or ones built during a certain time period??

It seems like a run of them, could even be only certain ones in a run. PinCrush mentioned that he has an even earlier game then TaylorVA's but doesn't see any wear.

I agree with what RobT said above. Any game with a Bader playfield that develops this issue should have it replaced free of charge. At the very least JJP should do that for the original owners of the game.

1 week later
#192 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You are wrong. Put the mylar on the playfield. There is nothing magical about your playfield just because it is not one of the defective games. All games since they were making EMs came with mylar in the pop bumper area for a reason. All of the new Sterns have it. All of the Williams games from the 90s had it. I put it in WOZ and you can't even see it.

This above makes it even more bizarre to me that mylar wasn't put on various locations on the game from the factory. There's a lot in WOZ and you can see attention to detail on top and under the playfield so I'm just surprised something as simple as mylar was missed / forgotten about. Hopefully The Hobbit has mylar placed in all potential wear areas.

1 week later
#220 8 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

I put mylar on the slings and pop bumpers after a thorough waxing (thank you, Mr. Vid for this timely advice). Do I need to get the State Fair mylar? My machine was delivered in September 2015 and has had its share of issues none of which related to the play field.

September 2015? You are from the future!? lol

I would personally put mylar down in the State Fair area regardless if I had the older or newer playfield. That area will see a lot of traffic with how many times a pinball bounces back and forth. I'm surprised mylar wasn't put down at the factory in this area. Better be safe then sorry as like others have said "steel will always win over wood".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-own-a-woz?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.