Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinFatale
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Ok, I am looking for some advice. I currently own a DM and a T2. Right now, I only have room for one more pin. I love both of mine, and love how they are so different. I am looking for a third pin, that would offer even more variety to my collection. (For example...I wouldn't want a LAH because the skill shot is exactly the same as T2, no T3 etc). I was thinking JD, because it would be a more difficult pin with a lot to offer. Any suggestions from the pinside community, or is JD a good choice?

Oh, and other than the fact that Ghostbusters looks amazing, I'm not a big modern Era Stern guy

#2 3 years ago

jd is a good choice. Jurassic park, indy 500, congo, jm, shadow, stargate,

#3 3 years ago

JD would be cool. How about Bram Stoker's Dracula?

#4 3 years ago

Everyone has their own idea of what's good so you honestly are going to be the best judge here but you asked so I'll give you my opinion.

I got to babysit my friends JD for about 4 months.
In that time I really found that I did not like the way it shot and ultimately I was happy when it left. It just didn't do it for me. I know some people love it but to me it felt like a pain to play.

With that being said, I've also owned a DM and T2. None of them were long term keepers for me but again, to each their own.

My advice, as it seems like you are looking for game in the low 2k range is look into finding a World Cup Soccer 94, a Tales From the Crypt or maybe a Johnny Mnemonic.

But hey, maybe you will love JD. I would be hesitant to have two somebody games in a small lineup but what do I know.

#5 3 years ago

Almost forgot, Stargate will always be my #1 pick for best underrated game that can be had under 2k. It's highly polarizing but I still own mine after 3 years and I love that it is so different than the B/W stuff.

Good luck with your choice!

#6 3 years ago

If you're looking for a bit more challenge, The Shadow is your game. But probably at least $500 more than a JD (and worth it IMO).

#7 3 years ago

I suggest moving so you can fit more. 3 isn't enough!

#8 3 years ago

Acdc luci, Totan, MM

#9 3 years ago

Depends on your budget and what you find available.

I don't like JD and I think it's similar to what you already have as it's a widebody and also has some long shots..

I'd go for another layout by another designer, funhouse/earthshaker maybe.. taxi or another sys11 if you want to stay in the older games..
or another dmd game but not a widebody..

#10 3 years ago

Creech, diner or corvette.

#12 3 years ago

Doctor Who beats every pin mentioned thus far !!!

#13 3 years ago

Shadow or Spiderman (get over your modern Stern phobia - it's a superb game!).

#14 3 years ago

TWD LE/PRem, Met LE/Prem and

#15 3 years ago

...I'd buy a bigger house.

#16 3 years ago

Seriously, JD is an awesome game. The only game I've ever sold that I had to buy back.

#17 3 years ago

There's two ways to buy a pin. Pick a title you want and track it down. This will cost you more and will likely take longer. IMO you do this when you know for sure a certain title is a keeper.
The other option is to keep your eyes peeled for good deals on interesting titles. Check craigslist every hour(good deals can go in minutes), pinside market, local auction houses, etc. This way can get you a better deal. If your asking what pin to buy you shouldn't be looking for a certain title. Your not going to track down, hold out for and spend more on a certain title because someone you don't know tells you it's their favorite pin are you? There can not be a consensus on a question like this. It just turns into a list of random games.

Now, what should I have for lunch everyone?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Seriously, JD is an awesome game. The only game I've ever sold that I had to buy back.

Agreed, except that I haven't had a chance to buy one back yet, but I will.

#19 3 years ago

Although I have room for more, the boss(my wife)says no more than 3. After nineteen games in 6 years I'm very content with my Star Trek the Next Generation , Tales from the Crypt and Jurrassic Park have become my "keepers" all three have many modes and still find them to be a challenge !

#20 3 years ago

I think Metallica is a great game with mostly finished code. Ghostbusters is fun for the few games I've played but complete code is probably at least 6 months if not a year away. For this reason I would lean toward Metallica.

#21 3 years ago

Agree with MET or GB. Modern games have such deep rules so they work well in a home environment. I'm not a big fan of the music but MET is huge fun. GB looks amazing and also fun. If not that, I would recommend TZ or TS. TZ has lots of shots and a wizard mode to work towards. TS is a lot of fun, a wizard mode, and tough to master.

#22 3 years ago

You have two pins and wonder what you should add since you can only have three. My buddy has ten pins and has talked about which ones of his he would choose if he could only keep three (the reverse of your situation but the same result).

If you truly have a hard limit of only three, I suggest you sell DM and T2 and get the three pins you think are the very best there are. Since people's tastes are different, the actual selections could vary. I could see someone doing this resulting in a collection of WoZ and MMrLE and GB. Someone else could do it and wind up with LOTR and TOTAN and AMH. But few people's list of the very best ever would include DM and T2.

#23 3 years ago

I think you need a AF or a TZ. Something with a deep ruleset.

#24 3 years ago

Just got rid of my no fear (aka turd) in exchange for a Jd couldnt be happier. Jd is fantastic

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Creech, diner or corvette.

I second for Creature from the Black Lagoon . Or Corvette . Owned both and really like them. And system 11 are fun like Diner or Taxi , Bad Cats

#26 3 years ago

Dirty Harry is quite the sleeper. Noone talks about it much, but its a pretty awesome game.

#27 3 years ago

Easy for me. These three all rotate as my favorite machines: JP, VND, IM.

#28 3 years ago

JD would be fun but then you would have 2 Super-pins from the same era. I have both and love both.

#29 3 years ago

get indy500, then you have a upper left flipper machine, an upper right flipper machine, and a 2 flipper machine. great lineup

#30 3 years ago

Another vote for Creature. I may have missed it, but I don't remember seeing a vote for FunHouse, so let me throw that one in the mix.

#31 3 years ago

Congo, Fathom, Whitewater

#32 3 years ago

ALL pins get old to me eventually...
... until I stop playing them for a bit and they get interesting again.

#33 3 years ago

Elvira and the party monster's, Metalica a great working TOM

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rexford, NY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside