(Topic ID: 92323)

If you love Met Pro, you'll love...? Thoughts?

By kid_ego

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Bought ACDC Pro and Met Pro last summer NIB.

Play the heck out of Met but have found ACDC is just too fast and kicks the crap out of me. Love the look, the music, and Aurich's Helen mods I've done, but actually playing it...not as much.

Want more pins that the whole family enjoys equally, so ACDC may be leaving.

So like the thread title asks, "If I like Metallica, what other pins might I like?"

Note that we play T3 at the Tundra Lodge in Green Bay, and though it's in rough shape, I even find myself liking it more than ACDC (just to bring the Steve Ritchie connection full-circle).

#2 9 years ago

Maybe another Borg pin, and try Tron? It's a little on the fast and kicks the crap out of you side too I guess, but if you bring the inlanes in it's not so bad. No worse than Metallica!

#3 9 years ago

What's your budget?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

What's your budget?

Most likely what I can get out of ACDC if I pull the trigger to get rid of it. $3900-ish (+ or -).

Never played Tron, but it looks good from the YouTube vids I've watched. But probably outside my budget.

Obviously I won't replace ACDC with Xmen, Dave (though I did think of it tonight while watching Xmen: First Class with my boys).

#5 9 years ago

I would highly recommend taking a weekend day and making the drive to Chicago to play a bunch of the pins on location around here. Plenty of variety to choose from at the holy trinity of Chicago locations - Logan Arcade, Headquarters, and Emporium. You'll play a nice cross section of games, including all of the latest and greatest Stern offerings and later Bally/Williams games along with a bunch of classics.

#6 9 years ago

TFTC would be a good fit if you like Borg games, or his data east Star Wars. You may be able to get both for the price of an Acdc pro or at least close to it.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Most likely what I can get out of ACDC if I pull the trigger to get rid of it. $3900-ish (+ or -).
Never played Tron, but it looks good from the YouTube vids I've watched. But probably outside my budget.
Obviously I won't replace ACDC with Xmen, Dave (though I did think of it tonight while watching Xmen: First Class with my boys).

Yeah, Xmen sucks....LOL

If you decide to sell AC/DC, let me know... I know a guy

#8 9 years ago

Star Trek the Next Generation.

#9 9 years ago

With that budget maybe look at something like Whitewater. Fun pin that's more family friendly for sure.

#10 9 years ago

Borg also worked on GnR, which I personally like better than Metallica, so if you like Metallica you might want to check it out.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

With that budget maybe look at something like Whitewater. Fun pin that's more family friendly for sure.

I'd be curious to play it in real. Played it on Pinball Arcade, and it plays really fast (I know that's not the best way to judge).

#13 9 years ago

Agree on Spider-Man. Similar, but SM has a better ruleset.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-love-met-pro-youll-love-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.