(Topic ID: 121429)

If you like Paragon??? My Classic Bally Fever!!!

By MrBellMan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBellMan
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1491.jpg
Xenon_07.jpg
Xenon_01.jpg
IMG_0038.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpg
image.jpeg
IMG_5285.jpg
IMG_5114.jpg
IMG_5285.jpg
SS_Glass.jpg
Field.jpg
DSCF3344.jpg
DSCF5761.jpg
There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 8 years ago

Where there's a will, there's a way!

#252 8 years ago

Send one my way. I'll love it for you while you make room!

#253 8 years ago

Those pesky DMD machines in there taking up valuable Bally early SS room. You the man, Rob!

#254 8 years ago

That looks like a pretty nice original playfield, I might clean it up and sell the CPR one!

#255 8 years ago

I hate to say this, but it's looking like a couple more DMDs gotta ago.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I second embryon and EBD.

i third it

20150901_170708_resized.jpg20150901_170708_resized.jpg

#257 8 years ago

My Flash Gordon and Paragon will not be making room for anything.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

My Flash Gordon and Paragon will not be making room for anything.

hmmmmmi need to reinvestigate paragon. played it when i was 12. really cool loooking but after my experience with the "dudness" of SI I wrote it off. it is a very cool looking game for sure

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

For you LED guys, if you havent tried it already, I recommend Hans adapter kits.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-ballystern-led-adapter-kit-review
I generally don't LED my Ballys, but a few of them had LEDs in them when I got them, and the flickering was awful. Hans boards sorted it 100%.
rd

they work good but for another 50 bucks to replace all the components and connectors on the ldb with a new altek board is a no brainer. when you use these daughter boards you are doubling the connections on the ldb and we all know about early ss bally's and connections. again they work good but i still have a 36 year old lamp driver board in embryon with twice as many connections going to/from it.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Your brain is returning to fully functioning. Must be the beer.

#262 8 years ago

I received my new CPR Gold, EBD playfield today. Our EBD will be super bad ass when the swap is done.

Special thanks to Gatecrasher for making this happen!

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg
image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

#263 8 years ago

Gorgeous.

#265 8 years ago

Thanks! EBD is one of three playfield swaps I have to do, but I may do this one first. I only need to do the PF swap on this one. My other two projects need cabinets repainted as well. We can't wait to play on the new playfield.

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I received my new CPR Gold, EBD playfield today. Our EBD will be super bad ass when the swap is done.
Special thanks to Gatecrasher for making this happen!
image_2.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_3.jpeg

I love ebd so much! What a game from the wonderful bally era This is probably the only game I'd trade my elektra for. I'd love to put a new playfield in one to. Looking foward to seeing the progress on this.

Quite a high percentage of my new s&t sound boards go to ebds to! They get a lot of love generally

#267 8 years ago

Going to check out a Fireball II and a Stern Nugent today. Both fixer uppers. Would be nice to get them both.........

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Thanks! EBD is one of three playfield swaps I have to do, but I may do this one first. I only need to do the PF swap on this one. My other two projects need cabinets repainted as well. We can't wait to play on the new playfield.

I have a CPR gold in my game and love it!!!...Great choice. My EBD has earned a fortune for United way. Around $3000 dollars in the last couple of years.

#269 8 years ago

Would like to thank Rob for helping my cause in bringing this Paragon back.....received a backglass in the mail yesterday! Thanks again Rob, I owe you one!

Paragon Backglass.Package.9.23.15.JPGParagon Backglass.Package.9.23.15.JPG
Paragon_with_Backglass_9.23.15.jpgParagon_with_Backglass_9.23.15.jpg

#270 8 years ago

I did have to remove two nests in the head, the channel that the backglass fits into on the top.
Paragon.Backglass Channel.9.23.15.JPGParagon.Backglass Channel.9.23.15.JPG
The winged creatures must have really liked this machine
Paragon.Backbox door.Nest.9.23.15.JPGParagon.Backbox door.Nest.9.23.15.JPG

#271 8 years ago

I'm happy I could help you out with the backglass. Let me know if you need something else I may have lying around.

#272 8 years ago

Rob, How bout a bow and arrow solid state board set.?..heheh Scored the backglass on ebay the other night. No other bids!!!! Only made like 20 of them.

#273 8 years ago

I received my new CPR Fathom playfield and plastic set today (Thanks Karl!). I should have my new CPR Playboy playfield here sometime next week. That will make 4 playfield swaps that need to be completed!

I thought collecting Classic Bally games was going to save me money?!?!?!

Have a great weekend everyone!

IMG_4952.jpgIMG_4952.jpg
IMG_4953.jpgIMG_4953.jpg

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I received my new CPR Fathom playfield and plastic set today (Thanks Karl!). I should have my new CPR Playboy playfield here sometime next week. That will make 4 playfield swaps that need to be completed!
I thought collecting Classic Bally games was going to save me money?!?!?!
Have a great weekend everyone!
IMG_4952.jpg
IMG_4953.jpg

Rob. PM me about these playfields. There are some problems you need to know about. I have these in my games but wish someone would of told me some things.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I received my new CPR Fathom playfield and plastic set today (Thanks Karl!).

Oh nice, glad I was able to get you guys connected.

Quoted from Classic_Stern:

PM me about these playfields. There are some problems you need to know about. I have these in my games but wish someone would of told me some things.

I have a friend's CPR playfielded Fathom, and the clear in the rollovers is a giant PITA, I can tell you that.

#276 8 years ago

I have heard the issues with the rollover switches and spoke to Ron Kruzman about the clear issues. Hopefully there's nothing else that springs up. These things are too expensive to have this many issues! LOL!

#277 8 years ago

After speaking with Mr. Classic Stern today, I decided to start a thread/discussion on CPR playfield swap specifics:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfield-swap-information-thread

The fun begins!

Go Raiders!!!

#278 8 years ago

^^^^^following

#279 8 years ago

Another addition to the Classic Bally lineup. 1978 Bally Star Trek. Here's the conversation between me and the owner:

Owner - Interested in another Classic Bally (Star Trek)? I've owned it since 1980. I'll sell it to you cheap! It needs a new playfield and cabinet paint job.
Me - No, but thanks!

Owner - Are you sure? I want it to go to a good home. We played the hell out of it and it still works, but it needs cleaning and some new rubbers. We are moving and I can't take it with us.
Me - Thanks, but you should sell it on CL.

Owner - I know you like these games and I want you to have it.
Me - I'd love to, but I don't have the room or really want another project.

Owner - I'm giving it to you for free. I want you to have it!
Me - What's your address?

I did give him $300 for being generous. Seriously folks... WTF is wrong with me? LOL! Project #5 dropped into my lap and is now in storage.

IMG_5029.jpgIMG_5029.jpg
IMG_5033.jpgIMG_5033.jpg
IMG_5032.jpgIMG_5032.jpg
IMG_5027.jpgIMG_5027.jpg
IMG_5026.jpgIMG_5026.jpg
IMG_5031.jpgIMG_5031.jpg
IMG_5035.jpgIMG_5035.jpg

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Seriously folks... WTF is wrong with me?

Might be time to drop you into a bathtub full of ice, that fever is getting dangerous!

#281 8 years ago

Bally Fever Baby!!!

Make room for Skateball!

#282 8 years ago

Too cool. What do you guys use for replacement displays?

#283 8 years ago

I have a CPR "Gold" Star Trek playfield for sale complete with full plastics set and the warp engine lighting feature and a few extras.... for exactly what it cost me if anyone needs one. It is currently advertised on the forum marketplace.

#284 8 years ago

That Star Trek was a good deal.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Another addition to the Classic Bally lineup. 1978 Bally Star Trek. Here's the conversation between me and the owner:
Owner - Interested in another Classic Bally (Star Trek)? I've owned it since 1980. I'll sell it to you cheap! It needs a new playfield and cabinet paint job.
Me - No, but thanks!
Owner - Are you sure? I want it to go to a good home. We played the hell out of it and it still works, but it needs cleaning and some new rubbers. We are moving and I can't take it with us.
I did give him $300 for being generous. Seriously folks... WTF is wrong with me? LOL! Project #5 dropped into my lap and is now in storage.
IMG_5029.jpg
IMG_5033.jpg
IMG_5032.jpg
IMG_5027.jpg
IMG_5026.jpg
IMG_5031.jpg
IMG_5035.jpg

Its time for an intervention. Now we need to talk. There's priority, then there's other priorities and then there is not quite so priorities and then there is a free Star Trek

#286 8 years ago

Needs some love but I finally found one. Greatness

DSC02111.jpgDSC02111.jpg

DSC02109.jpgDSC02109.jpg

#287 8 years ago

That's a nice trio right there!

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Might be time to drop you into a bathtub full of ice, that fever is getting dangerous!

No kidding!

Quoted from iron00monkey:

Bally Fever Baby!!! Make room for Skateball!

When I saw Classic Stern's Skateball, I knew immediately I wanted one too!

Quoted from donjagra:

Too cool. What do you guys use for replacement displays?

XPin displays! http://xpinpinball.com/

Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Its time for an intervention. Now we need to talk. There's priority, then there's other priorities and then there is not quite so priorities and then there is a free Star Trek

Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!

#289 8 years ago

Now that's a project I would take in a heartbeat! Love some Bally!

#290 8 years ago

Rob you got any old displays you want to get rid of?

#291 8 years ago

Anyone try these yet?

ebay.com link: itm

_1.jpeg_1.jpeg

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Me - No, but thanks!
IMG_5029.jpg
IMG_5033.jpg
IMG_5032.jpg
IMG_5027.jpg
IMG_5026.jpg
IMG_5031.jpg
IMG_5035.jpg

Great find rob. 1 owner from 1980 will make a great restoration. Would be a great candidate for new rules (multiball?) and sound with the custom pinball controller boards

I've always liked the layout on this game and the bonus count. Classic bally

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Rob you got any old displays you want to get rid of?

I have some just sitting in all kinds of conditions. What do you need? If I have it, it's yours.

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Anyone try these yet?
ebay.com link

_1.jpeg

The only other ones I have tried are RottonDog from Big Daddy.

http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com

I still prefer XPin

#295 8 years ago

I know we won't be able to get to restore our new Star Trek for at least a year and since it's in our front room until I can find a spot for it, I went ahead and cleaned/shopped it out, put new rubber/bulbs and dialed it in. Now at least we can play it until then. This is actually a pretty cool game!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I have some just sitting in all kinds of conditions. What do you need? If I have it, it's yours.

If you've got some with good glass I'll take a few. I've been slowly replacing some measled and fuzzy displays. I have the parts to do the rebuilds already

#297 8 years ago

Nothing wrong with some family-room Star Trek. Now you can watch Star Trek while you play?

#298 8 years ago

I think the fever is contagious.............
Paragon_Flash Gordon_10.11.2015.JPGParagon_Flash Gordon_10.11.2015.JPG

#299 8 years ago

Nice catch, Captive_Ball.

#300 8 years ago

No way Jim, really? Flash Gordon is an awesome pickup! Congrats!

Did you get the Paragon working?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-like-paragon-you-will-love/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.