(Topic ID: 87853)

If you know you're only playing one.....

By MK6PIN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-801.jpg
    image-153.jpg
    tumblr_l940flruLq1qzzh6g.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Do you still turn them all on? I get the whole " not 24/7 on" thing, but I've got 7 machines now, and still find myself turning them all on when I know I'm only going to play 1 or 2. I confess, I like the look of the room glowing, and can't imagine the 5 or so hours a night is going to make much of a difference, life-wise.

Just curious if most of you do the same, or only turn on the one you are going to play? Personal preference, or is there a legitimate " method to your madness"? ( home environment, obviously).......mark

#2 10 years ago

nope

#3 10 years ago

Meaning you only turn on the one you are playing?

#4 10 years ago

I turn 'em all on

Granted, it's only 3 machines, but I just love basking in the glow and hum of my little arcade sanctuary.

#5 10 years ago

I've only got two games but I always turn them both on. Why have a home arcade if you won't make it feel like one!

I'm not sure at what quantity I'd draw the line … but at the very least I'd turn on the bunch of pins around the one(s) I'm playing.

#6 10 years ago

I usually turn them all on too.

#7 10 years ago

Upstairs (modern games), not usually. I might turn on two. I tend to have one game I'm playing a lot, so I play the hot hand. The other games won't get played, so I don't bother. On the occasion that it is two games the second will probably be Demo Man because I use that to relax after more intense games.

Downstairs (classic games), all the time. I spark them all up and make it feel like an old arcade. The game times on classic games is a lot shorter. And the switch time is easier. It just feels right to have them all on down there.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

I turn 'em all on
    Granted, it's only 3 machines, but I just love basking in the glow and hum of my little arcade sanctuary.

Quoted from accidental:

I've only got two games but I always turn them both on. Why have a home arcade if you won't make it feel like one!
    I'm not sure at what quantity I'd draw the line … but at the very least I'd turn on the bunch of pins around the one(s) I'm playing.

Quoted from Spencer:

I usually turn them all on too.

Feeling better now.....

#9 10 years ago

It depends. If I've got a lot of time to play, I turn them all on, even if I don't plan on playing them all. I like the ambiance… If I just have time for a quick game or two, I don't.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from dphelps:

It depends. If I've got a lot of time to play, I turn them all on, even if I don't plan on playing them all. I like the ambiance… If I just have time for a quick game or two, I don't.

That's the way I roll too.

#11 10 years ago

I turn them all on if guests are here, otherwise we turn on what we are playing, then leave it on (in case we go back)

#12 10 years ago

i turn on everything in my game room, blacklights, arcade games, everything. just to play 1 pin lol

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from DannyDodge:

i turn on everything in my game room, blacklights, arcade games, everything. just to play 1 pin lol

Liking the way you roll!!!

#14 10 years ago

Just Metallica & AC/DC unless I get a wild hair to play something else. Doesn't happen very often though.

#15 10 years ago

If its only me, I turn on the pin I'm playing so its just me and the machine. Guess too that's my attempt to have a smaller carbon footprint (and electric bill).

If a group is over, of course all 18 or so are fired up.

Eric

#16 10 years ago

I only turn the ones on i intend to play. That being said, i sometimes turn them all on for ambient lighting when i have no intent to play. Sometimes BSD lures me in.

tumblr_l940flruLq1qzzh6g.jpgtumblr_l940flruLq1qzzh6g.jpg
    #17 10 years ago

No, just the one I intend to play. I may even turn it off if I jump to another pin.

#18 10 years ago

On. All on. I like to think of mine blinking away while I'm at work.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I only turn the ones on i intend to play. That being said, i sometimes turn them all on for ambient lighting when i have no intent to play. Sometimes BSD lures me in.

tumblr_l940flruLq1qzzh6g.jpg 10 KB

Pic is a little dark, but are you talking about turning on just the " machines" you want to play..( mine don't look like that!!!....ha).....I'm too old to turn on that many of those anymore...

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I only turn the ones on i intend to play.

Ya, I'd be playing all three too.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Ya, I'd be playing all three too.

Too funny....that would certainly be a 5 minute game for me tops....."drained" would be an understatement....but in my mind.....

#22 10 years ago

Same here.

Quoted from SealClubber:

No, just the one I intend to play. I may even turn it off if I jump to another pin.

#23 10 years ago

I've got 4 in one room and 3 in another. If I'm playing in the big room, I turn on all 4 since they have remote starts. If I'm playing in the other room with 3, I just turn on what I want. JP and Frank have attract sounds on, and Twin Win being am EM doesn't do attract mode. And if it is on it has the spinning wheel going all the time, so it only gets turned on when it is being played. It is fun sometimes at night just to turn them on to watch them though. Our fireplace is in the main pinball room so sometimes we'll picnic on the floor in front of it and eat by the glow of the fire and the pins.

#24 10 years ago

same here. I only have the games on that are being played.

#25 10 years ago

Most of the time, I have all 3 going. Latley, I have been turning on just the machine I am playing.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Our fireplace is in the main pinball room so sometimes we'll picnic on the floor in front of it and eat by the glow of the fire and the pins.

That is so cool.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

That is so cool.

Thanks! This was our New Year's Eve makeshift table in front of the fire, dinner followed by a pin contest. I didn't get a pic further back with the pins, but you can see the proximity in the second pic, and Spider-Man and Stargate are directly opposite the fireplace.

image-153.jpgimage-153.jpg image-801.jpgimage-801.jpg
    #28 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Thanks! This was our New Year's Eve makeshift table in front of the fire, dinner followed by a pin contest. I didn't get a pic further back with the pins, but you can see the proximity in the second pic, and Spider-Man and Stargate are directly opposite the fireplace.

image-153.jpg 179 KB

image-801.jpg 192 KB

Excellent!!!

#29 10 years ago

For tonight, I'm keeping mine dark ( killing me at the moment).....family coming in this weekend, and I'm going to light em up ....hooray!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-know-youre-only-playing-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.