(Topic ID: 230401)

If you haven't played DI in a while, try the new code (1.57+)!

By Nokoro

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CUJO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I just wanted to post about the new code for those who don't own a game and aren't following the Club thread as I didn't see any other threads about it.

The latest code update is awesome! It takes the game to a whole new level. DI has always been a great pin with solid code, but it was a strictly mode based pin before without a big strategic element to it. With the newest update, it still focuses strongly on the modes, but there is a whole new way to play that adds strategy, variety, and many quick risk vs. reward decisions to make. It all focuses on getting to Quantum Theater Multiball, which is difficult but by no means impossible. (I can get to it more frequently than the first wizard mode.) To get there, you have to qualify various mini Quantum Theater modes, and then depending upon how well you do in those modes, the jackpots during the multiball will increase.

I now find myself playing this game in various ways, sometimes focusing on QTMB, sometimes on the traditional modes, and most frequently a little of both. It adds a level of intensity that the pin didn't have before, and I find myself swearing a lot more with every missed shot.

Anyway, for those who have played the game early on, liked it, but kind of moved on, it is time to revisit.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I thought I saw Ted mention a "full" 1.60 release coming soon, but maybe that's just my wishful thinking

So there might be more than just bug fixes? Do you know what that might be?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"more frequently than the wizard mode?" Jeez how many showdowns are you banging out? I got to start playing more.
Loving the 157 for sure.

More frequently than the "first" wizard mode, which I consider CIQC. I have yet to get to Armageddon, and I will never get to Showdown.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Do you carry over your sim cards from ball to ball or is that considered a bitch move? I'm picking this up soon, and curious what the cool kids do

Start off not doing it. I don’t. It makes getting those elusive SIM cards all the more rewarding. You can always change your mind later.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotcha, so no wizard mode

Would you accept “Mini Wizard Mode”?

#21 5 years ago

Perfect example of how the new code changes things:

I just started a game, unsure of how I was going to play. Got to a couple of QT modes early so I decided to just bash away at the theater for a while and try to build up the value. Shortly after, I got the other two QT modes and similarly built up the value by hitting the theater. Simultaneously I started some of the original two again, so I was increasing the value even of those. I also had a skill shot hold going. At this point, I was down to my last ball, had only started two disaster modes, not really concentrating on them or finishing. A third mode was running and QTMB was lit, so I went for it. Finished the mode while in multiball and picked up an extra ball and now was just trying to concentrate on keeping the multiball alive. Qualified the super jackpot which I hit for my largest value yet -- over 96,000 points, and left the multiball with over 700,000 points in total. I then decided to concentrate on the modes for a while. Completed two more before finally draining. All in all I had over 1,000,000 points. That's pretty good, but not huge. However, when you consider that I had collected zero SIM cards since I wasn't concentrating on them, it's a pretty darn good score. If I was successful and had a chance to continue with the modes and collecting SIM cards, it could have been an epic game.

Still, I love the fact that I scored so high playing in an entirely different way than I used to play on the old code.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Try taking the rubber off the post above the Subway hole; discovered by accident when mine tore off. Makes the Sim Card shot much_ easier.

That's interesting. How much easier?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-haven-t-played-di-in-a-while-try-the-new-code-157?tu=Nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.