(Topic ID: 59701)

If you had up to $10,000, which pin(s) to buy??

By Dbaum88

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Dbaum88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    100_0101.JPG
    100_0112.JPG
    There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 10 years ago

If one pin: Tron LE, or MB

If two pins: combination of LOTR, Tron Pro, WH2O, TAF

#52 10 years ago

a Giligan's Island... but covered in gold!

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

For $10k, I used to be able to get a whole lot more. These days, that's like 3 pins. Here's what I'd probably do.
    2 pre-DMD games (Taxi, Diner, Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot, High Speed) - $3,000
    1 newer Stern (SM, LOTR, TSPP, Tron) - $5,000-$6,000
    1 earlier SS game (Mata Hari, Black Hole, Fathom) - $1,500
    If anything is left over, put the rest into improving the machines you end up with.
    If you just want to go big, get a new Stern like AC/DC Premium or Metallica Pro and a mid-90s B/W game, like CFTBL, Judge Dredd, The Shadow, The Getaway, or WCS94.

I couldn't agree more. This is exactly how I would do it. I really like having variety in my games, and that means a combination of older and newer games. The exact choices of game are going to be different for everyone here, but the strategy of an old SS, two mids, and a new game makes a nice round collection that would be fun for a long time. I wouldn't pop it all on one game.

#54 10 years ago

I accept O-din.

Cash or charge? Delivery not included.

#55 10 years ago

If i were rich enough, i would surely buy a Cactus canyon.

#56 10 years ago

I'd buy 30 pins for 10k.

#57 10 years ago

I'd get either AC/DC Premium or Metallica Premium, and WHO dunnit.

I can't tell right now if I actually love Metallica more than AC/DC, or if it's just that it's newer. WHO dunnit because the theme is so timeless, and so nicely implemented. Yeah, it may not be challenging to a competitive player, but when newbies come over, they really take to it. It's got class.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

I accept O-din.

Cash or charge? Delivery not included.

I'll take cash. But prices have gone up in the last hour.

#59 10 years ago

Congo
    Fish Tales
    Flintstones
    JM
    Shadow

that much huh.......time to start saving again.

#60 10 years ago

ACDC premium and MET pro,

#61 10 years ago

the next Star Trek or the Hobbit

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

the next Star Trek or the Hobbit

^^^that

or if you can't wait, a nice huo LOTR + met pro

#63 10 years ago

if i HAD to spend it on just one machine... i'd track down an em joker poker and send it off to hep...

and then i'd play the living crap outta it...

#64 10 years ago

I'll go with WOZ LE,best technology,new modes on the game never see on other game,very nice cab,for my part it's just only better than MM

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

if i HAD to spend it on just one machine... i'd track down an em joker poker and send it off to hep...

That was my plan, until I found a HUO one that didn't need HEPs attention. Now my Fireball, that's another story. HEP would have fun with that one.

#66 10 years ago

I read your profile. You have owned some of the best pinball machines to date. Going off your wish list. Monster Bash # 1. If that does not happen. Next on your wish list I would go with Theatre of Magic # 1 and add Haunted House # 2.

100_0112.JPG100_0112.JPG 100_0101.JPG100_0101.JPG

#67 10 years ago

If space is not a concern I would build a matrix of systems vs designers you want to try. A pinball Suduko. Can't have more than one system or designer. Sys80 through SAM would be my choice.

Can't buy black knight and acdc. Or high speed and Pinbot. Or stargate and bone busters. Or ? . But space is a concern for me right now so I would try to get MM, Bible, TRON LE, really fun games that probably will preserve my pin capital for later down the road when I can parlay them into a diverse collection.

Kenny

#68 10 years ago

The way prices seem to be going for most of the 'A' titles you could get one and a bag of chips maybe. Seriously seems like you blink and some pins increase in value by a grand.

What I would/am doing is getting Predator and Stern's upcoming Star Trek. I know it is crazy I haven't even seen how they play but in some strange way that adds to the excitement/anticipation for me. Some great pins out there though. If I had to go for pins already out not including pins I already have I would probably go Metallica Premium/or MB and LOTR.

#69 10 years ago

scared stiff and whitewater!!!!

#70 10 years ago

Stargate + WPT + (ACDC Pro or MET Pro or...predator). Add a Zaccaria and/or a nice EM if there is still money left.

#71 10 years ago

Spend 2k on a pin and the rest on your girl. happy wife happy life

#72 10 years ago

Metallica and iron man!

#73 10 years ago

Indiana Jones (Williams)
    Jurassic Park
    Stargate

#74 10 years ago

i would buy a pin from each area, em, ss, alpha, dot matrix

there are a lot of fun games outside the top 10 and much more affordable

a gottlieb EM, gottlieb or bally SS williams sys 11 alpha and for a dot hmmmmmm i like data east or a good old Dracula or dr who , lots of fun for almost no money

#76 10 years ago

Medusa, Bad Cats, Star Gazer, Genie.

#77 10 years ago

The Hobbit and use the leftover cash for parts and mods for my other pins.

#78 10 years ago

AC/DC Premium or The Hobbit...There is nothing like a NIB pin

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from whisper:

Scared Stiff and whitewater!!!!

You're HALF right!

#80 10 years ago

AC/DC premium and another DMD game.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

What's that card machine that has a spinning thing with cards on it and they appear in the backglass. You have to get all the cards up there. EM. Loved it...forgot the name...

#82 10 years ago

Fathom, Centaur, Embryon, Medusa

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

What's that card machine that has a spinning thing with cards on it and they appear in the backglass. You have to get all the cards up there. EM. Loved it...forgot the name...

"king of diamonds"... me LIKEY that a lot... i'd love to lay my hands on one... "diamond jack" is the aab version...

Quoted from o-din:

That was my plan, until I found a HUO one that didn't need HEPs attention. Now my Fireball, that's another story. HEP would have fun with that one.

you really need to sell that to me and use the money to hep the fireball...

#84 10 years ago

?I have the pins I want. I would buy the last arcade game I'm looking for and pocket $9500.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

"king of diamonds"... me LIKEY that a lot... i'd love to lay my hands on one... "diamond jack" is the aab version...

That game was so much fun...I couldn't stop playing it!

#86 10 years ago

Looking at your wish list and the theme/types of games you've got/had/want, I'd suggest:

HH - $2000
    TSPP - $4500
    STTNG - $3500

That covers your Monster, Animation, Space theme that's common to your games. it also gives you variety in Gottlieb, Stern and WMS. And, it gives you variety in Widebody, Multiplayfield, Old School/New School. Enjoy

#87 10 years ago

Ironman/TSPP/Tron, Centaur, Hobbit.

If 10k is the limit, and not number of pins -
    TSPP, Centaur, EBD, High Speed.

Think that could be done for 10k with the wind blowing just right.

Upon further thought:
    TZ, Centaur, TSPP. Would be real stretch but...

Upon further further thought:
    Monster Bash, TSPP, EBD.

Yeah, that last one, probably could swing that for 10K

#88 10 years ago

RobertMee - impressive list there. Like those 3 choices.

#89 10 years ago

Tough call. My first pin was Stern Spider-Man. Fun, fast, new(ish). Great flow, sounds, music, and callouts. I would say SM and wait. One new thing is easier to fully appreciate then two.

#90 10 years ago

I would end up with only a Met LE.

However, I would have arranged to purchase one for only $7100, discover that somehow Stern or my distributor F***ed me out of it, thus necessitating blowing my whole 10k by paying some shit head speculator that actually managed to buy the games, not to play of course, but to try and steal a few dollars from his "friends".

And there's your thread derailment.

#91 10 years ago

Monster Bash is on your wish list. Since you already have a nice selection of classic pins, MB is the one I'd get. It's a great machine and it will hold its value as well as anything.

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

you really need to sell that to me and use the money to hep the fireball...

Nice try, ccotenj, nice try.

#93 10 years ago

Three letters: A. F. M. End of story.

#94 10 years ago

I would either buy one amazing machine or 2 $5k ones. I have an AFM and I love it. If I had $10k to blow I would pick up tspp and probably pirates of the caribbean.

#95 10 years ago

Spidey or Indy or TOTAN or transformers LE one of these and an Xmen pro...

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

That game was so much fun...I couldn't stop playing it!

King of Diamonds! Yes!

I'm lucky enough to have been able to play both the original, and the Retro Pinball remake.

#97 10 years ago

Woz,Tspp or a nice Fathom

#99 10 years ago

so many games but only the top 20 come's by

i think pinball was really boring before monster bash medieval madness etc hahahahaha

don't follow the leader,dont be a sheep, try some games and make your choice about your feelings and not because of some listing on what ever pinball site

this doesn't mean i don't like top 10 games, AFM is far away the best machine
    but game's like Dr Who are great fun too , or Congo which is better for me then a Indiana Jones

making some good friends now here hahahaha

good luck

#100 10 years ago

I'd buy whatever I liked playing. I've bought too many games that were suppose to be "the best game ever" and left me flat. Talk to me on Saturday!

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-had-up-to-10000-which-pins-to-buy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.