(Topic ID: 59701)

If you had up to $10,000, which pin(s) to buy??

By Dbaum88

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Dbaum88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    100_0101.JPG
    100_0112.JPG
    There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

I may be in the enviable position soon of being able to reward myself for years of hard work with buying one pin of my choice. Any pin, short of MM. I'm married so I RARELY get this chance. Not bragging, just got lucky through my job.

But its hard to choose. WOZ, AFM, AC/DC .....

or

Two or more pins of lesser value....

What would YOU do? Thanks for the imput pinball brethren.

#2 10 years ago

I'd opt for more mid-level pins personally. Assuming I didn't have any of them, I'd do something like WH20, RS, Tommy and maybe one other, FT or something. I think you could still keep a $10,000 cap.

#3 10 years ago

If I had money to burn:
    HUO/Mint Centaur, Fathom and Black Hole for $3k+ each.
    -mof

#4 10 years ago

ac/dc premium

#5 10 years ago

Tron Pro is on my short list. I would also see if something else comes up for a good price. But I already have a good lineup.

#6 10 years ago

I would probably try to get a NIB MET Pro, AC/DC Pro, or Tron Pro and then as mentioned a WH2O or TAF....since AFM would put you over, but would be best if your able. So 1 NIB and 1 WPC....my 2 cents. Good Luck!

#7 10 years ago

Any one by Christmas.

#8 10 years ago

After I convinced my wife that this was a good idea...

I've never even seen these 10k machines that people talk about, so I'd go with multiple, at least 3. Probably one $4,500-5,500 machine, and two $2,500 machines, or one $2,500 machine and a couple lessor.

Spitballing here as I'm going off the top of my head and not checking currently prices, but would hope for a LOTR or a POTC, and a BSD and something of similar value, or a BSD and a Big Guns and something else.

But I've got some room and jump starting a nice collection would be awesome. Debating parting with an old Mustang that doesn't get used nearly enough just for this purpose.

#9 10 years ago

Spider Man and Addams Family.

#10 10 years ago

AC/DC Premium and Fish Tales could be had for right around $10k.

#11 10 years ago

Don't buy one

Buy Several

#12 10 years ago

HS2, WH20, and either LOTR or Tron

#13 10 years ago

TAF
    WW
    Who Dunnit?

That seems around 10k right?

#14 10 years ago

AFM or WOZ .....or Scared Stiff, natch!

#15 10 years ago

I would get a nib metallica dirty donny premium, mint huo lotr and could squeeze in a zaccaria hot wheeles with no Playfield wear

Met-6k
    Lotr3-4k
    Hw-500-1k

In British pounds and for what machines go for in the uk

#16 10 years ago

For $10k, I used to be able to get a whole lot more. These days, that's like 3 pins. Here's what I'd probably do.

2 pre-DMD games (Taxi, Diner, Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot, High Speed) - $3,000
    1 newer Stern (SM, LOTR, TSPP, Tron) - $5,000-$6,000
    1 earlier SS game (Mata Hari, Black Hole, Fathom) - $1,500

If anything is left over, put the rest into improving the machines you end up with.

If you just want to go big, get a new Stern like AC/DC Premium or Metallica Pro and a mid-90s B/W game, like CFTBL, Judge Dredd, The Shadow, The Getaway, or WCS94.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Don't buy one
    Buy Several

I vote for this, too.

I find my AC/DC Premium to be a fantastic game, but I've always been uncomfortable having that much money tied up in a single machine. I've also regretted helping "pinflation" by making this purchase.

I say, don't support the insanity that's been turning pinball exclusively into a rich man's hobby. There are still A LOT of great games that can be had in the less-than-$3k category. And the truth of the matter is, most of those "A" titles that go for ridiculous amounts of money aren't any better than many games that cost FAR less.

#18 10 years ago

I'd get the machine your wife liked and approved.

Once you have her buy-in, you reduce the risk of being bludgeoned to death over your expensive toys the next time she wants something.

#19 10 years ago

I wouldn't, I would have the slab repaired on my house before it falls into the great abyss.

#21 10 years ago

10K? I'd go with METLE and Judge Dredd or..............

#22 10 years ago

How many times do you have the opportunity to buy a NIB pin?? My vote goes for an ACDC Premium. Those $2000 or $3000 machines are easier to pick up at some point in the future. A new machine is a bit harder. Either way, buy what YOU want and enjoy!

#23 10 years ago

SS and CFTBL would be nice.

#24 10 years ago

Get a Stern, a 90's Bally/Williams, an 80's alphanumeric, and an early 80's SS

example: Tron, Jackbot, Earthshaker, and Gorgar
    Transformers Pro, Judge Dredd, Whirlwind, and Comet
    Avatar, Indiana Jones, Taxi, and Black Hole
    Monopoly, Cirqus Voltaire, MNF, and Harlem Globetrotters
    T3, Demo Man, Funhouse, and Xenon
    Ironman, Flintstones, Elvira ATPM, and Fathom

if any $ is leftover, then sneak in an EM for fun

#25 10 years ago

It looks like you have 7 pins already. How much room do you have for more?

--Luke

#26 10 years ago

Twilight Zone, and the rest of the money to restore my bowler and Midway Deluxe Shooting Gallery.

#27 10 years ago

A setup-and-play Monster Bash
    or
    Shadow + Roadshow + Swords of Fury

#28 10 years ago

Was in this position recently and ended up with Met Pro and ACDC Pro. Couldn't be happier with both.

#29 10 years ago

Buy WOZ and when it doubles in price next year you can afford even more new pins.

#30 10 years ago

I would be on the lookout for MB and Tron. Unfortunately, I couldn't buy both with only $10,000.

#31 10 years ago

TZ, and a Spectrum. TZ is always a hit, and Spectrum, though rare, never gets old. In retrospect I never should have sold the one I had.

#32 10 years ago

I'd go for the AFM. a few have come up in the 7 range. If they dry up that ToM on your wish list is a great reward.

#33 10 years ago

Hey Luke - gotta remove some things but I think I can fit one or two more.

#34 10 years ago

Safe Cracker and Pinball Magic.

LTG : )

#35 10 years ago

WPT $2500
    WWF $1500
    JackBot $1500
    TOM $4500

#36 10 years ago

I'm loving all of the ideas, keep em coming.

It's that NIB thing where you get a pin you normally wouldn't/couldn't afford vs. quantity, i.e., 2 or 3 good, older pins.

#37 10 years ago
    #39 10 years ago

Wow lucky.
    If I had that I would definitely get LOTR and maybe Space Shuttle as That was my favorite table in the 80's and what really got me hooked with Pinball before the Price to play sky rocketed.

#40 10 years ago

TAF
    Funhouse
    Taxi
    Space Shuttle

#41 10 years ago

I would go multiple as well.

Scared stiff- about 3.5k
    High Speed- about 2.5k
    WCS '94- about 2.5k
    Rollergames- 1.5k

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I would go multiple as well.
    Scared Stiff- about 3.5k
    High Speed- about 2.5k
    WCS '94- about 2.5k
    Rollergames- 1.5k

Scared Stiff 3.5k?
    I'd buy 3 of those then and make even more $$$

#43 10 years ago

I'd buy Twilight Zone and White Water, two classics. If any money is left over, a Rollergames.

#44 10 years ago

Hobbit

#45 10 years ago

the problem with this question, is the fact that the main question is Which pin to buy. As if the option is only one. This mindset that thinking 10k is a reasonable amount to spend on 1 game is the primary reason the bubble happened in the first place. You should be thinking. Which 8 to 10 pins should I buy? This is where you get the most for your money. Because 1 pin will get old. Doesn't matter what the title is, if it's only 1 pin it gets tiring and old eventually. it's a lot harder to get sick of 10 games than it is 1.

#46 10 years ago

I would buy AC/DC Premium Pinball Refinery Edition the second that money became available. I am really hoping for a bonus at work later in the year to make that happen. The extra $2000 - $2500 would be the start to their Metallica. PS: I hate threads like this, because now I don't want to wait to save up for these.

#47 10 years ago

if you want to wait, and you could get on the list, Jpop's Zombie pin.

or, Hobbit plus, $2500 for something like T2.

or, Tron pro + Star Trek pro (if you don't have a Tron already).

or AFM

#49 10 years ago

For 10k, you might be able to get-
    GNR
    Cyclone
    Big Hit
    Dealers Choice
    Stingray
    Pioneer
    and maybe Demo Man

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Hey Luke - gotta remove some things but I think I can fit one or two more.

In that case...my answer would be WOZ or Hobbit, plus one other cool game in the $2500 range.

--Luke

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-had-up-to-10000-which-pins-to-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.